ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 298
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 12-26-2018
Chris Simms talked about it on his podcast, but the Chiefs just run their stuff. They dress it up a little presnap, but then they just run their stuff.

Hopefully Andy has a little wrinkle or two come playoff time.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:04 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
There is no reason to sit back and play soft, with Mahomes you need a defense that's overly aggressive and gets the ball back one way or another. It's so much better than letting the opponents manipulate their way down field taking all the time off the clock and then scoring. That type of play just hurts our offense and keeps them out of rhythm. DO not punt, Do not kickoff always go for it on 4th down unless the odds are just overwhelming or you're inside your own 40.
THIS.

It frustrates the heck out of me to see the long sustained drives to where you inevitably know they're gonna score. It keeps Pat and the offense on the sidelines and tires the hell out of the defense.

I would rather, with the personnel we have currently, just run a super aggressive scheme, bang hard at the time, blitz like crazy and take our chances. If we get burnt for big plays, so be it. But at least Pat and the offense will have more opportunities on the field that way and the defense won't be quite as tired in the 4th quarter of games.

The way to beat other teams with THIS Chiefs team is to simply outscheme them and outscore them. Fuck the defense and their pride (or Bob Sutton's). The only way this team is going to go on a Super Bowl run this year is to put it all on the back of the offense and trust them to make the plays in the end to win. If it works great, if not oh well, but then you better fire Sutton and realistically attempt to 'fix' the defense in the off-season otherwise they will be wasting Pat's cheap years, which will be the best years to be the most competitive and field a more complete team . . . . .
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:23 AM 12-26-2018

Yes, Hitchens is hesitant, gets sucked inside and eaten up by a block. Yes, Sorensen's tackle attempt is weak.

But what is Houston doing on this snap? Blocked by a WR, then sheds the tackle...and stops. Why is there this effort level in such a crucial spot on the field? pic.twitter.com/UXpIef4p7n

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) December 26, 2018

Sutton can’t fix effort unless they have just given up on him
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
THIS.

It frustrates the heck out of me to see the long sustained drives to where you inevitably know they're gonna score. It keeps Pat and the offense on the sidelines and tires the hell out of the defense.

I would rather, with the personnel we have currently, just run a super aggressive scheme, bang hard at the time, blitz like crazy and take our chances. If we get burnt for big plays, so be it. But at least Pat and the offense will have more opportunities on the field that way and the defense won't be quite as tired in the 4th quarter of games.

The way to beat other teams with THIS Chiefs team is to simply outscheme them and outscore them. **** the defense and their pride (or Bob Sutton's). The only way this team is going to go on a Super Bowl run this year is to put it all on the back of the offense and trust them to make the plays in the end to win. If it works great, if not oh well, but then you better fire Sutton and realistically attempt to 'fix' the defense in the off-season otherwise they will be wasting Pat's cheap years, which will be the best years to be the most competitive and field a more complete team . . . . .
Nothing more demoralizing than watching an offense out up long drive after long drive on ya. The effort makes sense and bailey's comments seem to suggest that. I agree... We may give up more yards. Possibly more points. But a quick score gets us off the field. Maybe our defense knowing they'll be on the field in spurts rather than long stretches will help with some of the effort.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:32 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:

This is on Reid.

You either get rid of the coach or the players. Can’t cut all the dead weight players, so Bob needs to see the door. If this is the culture, then Hunt needs to give Reid an ultimatum. Fix it, or everybody goes.

Tons of teams with nothing to play for last week showed more effort and pride than that Chiefs defense, including our next opponent. You have an opportunity to finish #1 overall and you have guys taking plays off like that for the whole world to see? Horrible look for this team. Talent/coaching be damned - the give a shit factor is embarrasing. Zero accountability.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 12-26-2018
I'd go ahead and cut Houston and Berry and just take the hits. They're supposed to be the leaders on the D and it's completely tanked out.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:

They've quit on him. Maybe blaming the players last year for the bad defense and absolving the atrocious DC of any blame was a fucking stupid idea after all.
[Reply]
notorious 11:50 AM 12-26-2018
Hire a coach that brings the best out of them.

When you are putting in effort and getting destroyed for the entire season it would push most guys to check out. To them their effort doesn’t matter.

Players are human no matter how much they are paid.
[Reply]
notorious 11:52 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They've quit on him. Maybe blaming the players last year for the bad defense and absolving the atrocious DC of any blame was a fucking stupid idea after all.
They have absolutely quit on that old trash coordinator.

If Berry is out there he might just push them to put in more effort. Fuck Sutton, play for the guy next to you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:59 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
They have absolutely quit on that old trash coordinator.

If Berry is out there he might just push them to put in more effort. **** Sutton, play for the guy next to you.
Two games ago berry looked frustrated as hell moving players in and out of position. Not even just frustrated. Almost angry. Last game... His eyes had no intensity. His comments about spirit were cryptic. I don't see berry as a guy who would ever lose his heart. He looks like a leader who knows his general is leading his troops into slaughter. Hot take but berry looks and sounds completely defeated.
[Reply]
notorious 12:04 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Two games ago berry looked frustrated as hell moving players in and out of position. Not even just frustrated. Almost angry. Last game... His eyes had no intensity. His comments about spirit were cryptic. I don't see berry as a guy who would ever lose his heart. He looks like a leader who knows his general is leading his troops into slaughter. Hot take but berry looks and sounds completely defeated.
Sigh.

You are probably right.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:08 PM 12-26-2018
Who can blame him? Andy Reid is more interested in covering for his dinosaur of a DC. The players? Throw those assholes under the bus.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:10 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So are we supposed to feel sorry for Berry?

Show some fire then - air out the grievances and let the chips fall where they may. Sulking and playing with no guts helps nobody.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:20 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bob should've been fired after blowing a 38-10 lead in the playoffs. While our defense wasn't all bad back then, and at times even good, it's been a downhill slide every season. To the point where they're historically bad and players are giving up on plays. They should be fighting tooth and nail to hold on to this 1 seed at the end of fucking December. While it is also the fault of some shitty players on the D, he's ultimately responsible for that side of the ball.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:21 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So are we supposed to feel sorry for Berry?

Show some fire then - air out the grievances and let the chips fall where they may. Sulking and playing with no guts helps nobody.
I don't know the answer to that. I know dj swearinger got cut for bitching about his DC. I know Charles woodson, one of the best defensive players in history got destroyed for bitching about his coaching. I don't feel sorry for Berry. I just think it might explain some of his weird behavior
[Reply]
Page 237 of 298
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Up