ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 335
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Swanman 09:35 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, good point. What would have been the best ending would have been to see Ramsay locked up in the kennel, the exchange between Ramsay and Sansa, then see Ghost with blood all over his snout step out of the back stall over the corpses of Ramsay's bitches and get right in his face. Would have been satisfying payback for the death of Shaggy Dog.

But as has been discussed in here - one failing of the show has been that they completely underuse the direwolves in any fashion.
You wouldn't have even had to have Ghost kill the other dogs. The dogs wouldn't attack Ramsay at first but then Ghost would step up and the dogs would get leftovers.

Does Rickon not know how to weave at all? I know it was just a plot device to fuck with Jon, but Jesus Christ
[Reply]
underEJ 09:40 PM 06-19-2016
i do love this show and I have gotten carried away before, but tonight, as Jon was brushing off arrows on his way toward Ramsey, and also when Sansa was walking away from dead fucking Ramsey, I was screaming and yelling at the tv like it was the World Series and it was real or something! That was some great shit.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:41 PM 06-19-2016
The beauty of his hounds killing him was that it shows the type of "loyalty" a leader like Ramsay imparts. It was a great thematic scene. Having Ghost do it, wouldn't have had the same effect.

I'll admit that I shed a tear when the Dire Wolf banner unfurled over Winterfell. Jesus that's been a long time coming.

And damn, Dany. I hope this is the new pace we can expect from her storyline. Fantastic.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:49 PM 06-19-2016
I can see Dany making a similiar offer to the North that she did to Yara. Except when the White Walkers army comes her Dothraki and Southerners suffer massive losses due to weather.

A more formal alliance would be renegotiated in the aftermath with the North (North, Vale, Riverlands) being its own independent kingdom.

It makes sense culturally as the Northern Kingdoms rarely were part of the small councils of the Targs.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:00 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
You wouldn't have even had to have Ghost kill the other dogs. The dogs wouldn't attack Ramsay at first but then Ghost would step up and the dogs would get leftovers.

Does Rickon not know how to weave at all? I know it was just a plot device to fuck with Jon, but Jesus Christ
I know. All he had to do was get behind a burning X. Those weren't that far at all! I guess Ramsey might have been missing on purpose and the whole thing was only dramatic because he wanted it to be, but it did seem like there were options maybe.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:02 PM 06-19-2016
obviously that napolean dynamite looking mother fucker never rented tecmo bowl
[Reply]
Swanman 10:09 PM 06-19-2016
If Wun Wun would have had an ultra greatsword from Dark Souls 3, he would have wrecked the entire formation by himself. Or something less fancy like a tree.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:11 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I can see Dany making a similiar offer to the North that she did to Yara. Except when the White Walkers army comes her Dothraki and Southerners suffer massive losses due to weather.

A more formal alliance would be renegotiated in the aftermath with the North (North, Vale, Riverlands) being its own independent kingdom.

It makes sense culturally as the Northern Kingdoms rarely were part of the small councils of the Targs.
They would have been fine bending the knee as long as they were left alone.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:23 PM 06-19-2016
Honestly when Jon got shot off his horse and the cavalry is just barreling towards him as he pulls his sword out and throws away his sheathe, I really thought for a second there that they were going to kill him off as punishment for not listening to Sansa tell him to not do what Ramsay wants him to do. I thought that part was insanely well done.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:24 PM 06-19-2016
Eat a dick, Ramsay.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:25 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
Eat a dick, Ramsay.
Or....(Literally) get your dick eaten, Ramsay
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:30 PM 06-19-2016
Awesome episode...thought Jon was toast a few times...what an ending.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
If Wun Wun would have had an ultra greatsword from Dark Souls 3, he would have wrecked the entire formation by himself. Or something less fancy like a tree.
Yeah, but someone had to die heroically. It was him. Rickon died tragically and if there is such a thing, Ramsey died triumphantly suffering by his own beasts.

Best GOT episode ever on so many levels. The Starks finally get some revenge. The battles, direction, acting, pacing, cinematography, all the good people didn't die. Finally it all came together. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:53 PM 06-19-2016
1) Northern Alliance getting whooped was predictable as fuck.

2) So was Baelish's arrival, but that didn't mean it wasn't awesome as fuck.

3) Sansa skirted the boarder of directly getting her countrymen killed because of failing to disclose her alliance with Littlefinger if she believed 100% that the Vale's army would come through if she so requested. As I type this I get now her actions in not telling Jon that they had backup is justified if she didn't trust Baelish to keep his word...

4) Sansa's advice was technically sound: what did Ramsay want most for Jon to do (Rickon's death aside)? He would want to restrict the movement of the opposing force and negate any advantage that force would have by virtue of having inferior numbers. Also, if someone is truly the most evil psychopathic person in the world, how might they use that to their advantage if they truly cared nothing for the men under his command? The dude set a trap and Jon fell for it. Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE tactics.

5) Unethical and immoral actions are huge tactical advantages. Indiscriminately firing on friend and foe alike? Gamechanger.

6) I dislike the Mereen plotline, but Dany and her dragons fucking up the slave masters while Daario and his culturally appropriated Dothraki horde slaughtering the Sons of the Harpy was justice in corporeal form. Well done guys.

7) Tyrion doing Tyrion things. Yiss.

8) SERPENTINE RICKON. SERPENTINE.

9) I hope the Onion Knight fucking bodies Melissandre for having Shireen immolated.

10) Wun-wun... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:02 PM 06-19-2016
What a battle. Wow. Danys shit was pretty good too. Well done.

Pretty good writing that Jon was kicking the fuck out of everyone and gets trampled down by people that can't understand the bigger picture of working together.

Pretty good acting chops by Sansa when the dogs are eating Ramsay to start to look away and then settle in to watch him go down.

I told my buddy, "Aww Ramsay has a gate. That's nice." Wun-Wun kicking down gates never gets old. Too bad he had to fall. It would have been awesome to have him part of Jons small council.

It happened as everyone thought it would. LittleFinger rides in to save the day. Not sure how many times they can play that card but it worked. And watching those knights blow through the phalanx line was beautiful.

I could listen to Davos talk all day. He's a hell of an actor.

Sansa called it. Rickon ate it. Jon should have told him to turn around and run backwards so he could see the arrows coming and get out of the way. Sansa should have told Jon about Baelish. But that is all tiny compared the epic battle.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 335
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Up