ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 319
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:12 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Exactly. What options even exist?

You can't fix something w/o tools and materials.

Maybe something is materializing on the back end, a major trade or something.

As of right now, there's no one on the table that makes you go, "dang, he'll make this line BETTER than last years". And yes, it needs to be better so we don't have to limit what our skill players can do to compensate for poor protection.
Reiff next to Thuney is better than Fisher next to Allegretti. At least in my eyes.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:15 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
The fact that we signed Nieman to a 1 year deal and tendered Ward makes we wonder if we are not hoping someone would give us a 3rd for Ward. We gave him a 2cd round tender but there was something about getting one less round because he was an UDFA originally???
Not how it works. I posted about that previously.

Here it is again:

Originally Posted by :
Upgraded tender: If a team places a first-round tender on a player who was selected outside of the first round, it can only receive a second-round pick as compensation for any of its other RFAs who were first-round draft picks. The same is true for the second-round tender -- if a team uses it on a player drafted in the third round or lower, it can only receive a third-round pick for any other second-round RFA it intends to tender. As an example, the Saints are reportedly using a first-round RFA tender on QB/RB/WR/TE Taysom Hill this offseason. Had New Orleans had any RFAs who were former first-round picks, it could only receive a second-round selection in return for a declined offer sheet.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:16 PM 03-17-2021
All im saying is this: As of RIGHT NOW, the oline situation is a mess.

Im not bothering trying to project week 1 starters because who the fuck knows what will happen between now and then.

As of right now, looking at the most obvious options on the board, it doesn't look promising. I don't see any FA options that will come in and improve our line from last season.

Of course, that could all change with a trade or w/e.

But if we go into the season with Reiff/Niang or Niang/Rookie, you can expect the Chiefs to get crushed by the media and fans alike until the Chiefs prove otherwise. And rightly so.
[Reply]
In58men 03:16 PM 03-17-2021
I guess we’ll go into the season with Thuney and Long. Not ideal.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:17 PM 03-17-2021
I mean just a quick look at the run block and pass block win rates goes to show that it’s pretty much a wash. One was a slightly better run blocker, while the other is a slightly better pass blocker. You can argue against that all you want, but it’s not much of a difference overall.

And yea, I’m confident that Niang will be an upgrade over Remmers.

Also, I’m sorry, but if you think last year OL would’ve been an issue with a much better interior, you didn’t pay attention to the 2020 season. We would’ve been fine with Fishers and Remmers and a significantly improved interior.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:17 PM 03-17-2021
If Niang doesn't get injured in 2019 while at TCU, he's a 1st rd pick and year 1 starter at Tackle in the NFL. The guy has serious talent and is going to be perfectly fine for the Chiefs at RT. Our focus needs to be filling that gaping hole at LT, and I have ALL the confidence in the world that BV is going to get a deal done that will shore up the OL.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:18 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Reiff next to Thuney is better than Fisher next to Allegretti. At least in my eyes.
Absolutely it is.

Not saying that is ultimately the way they will go, but that would be better.

Just because Silverback is gone doesn't mean there aren't options out there to upgrade the O-Line. Our GM LITERALLY just went after the BEST Guard AND the Best LT available in free agency this year. He got one of them.

Everyone just needs to relax and give Veach some time to figure it out. People should trust that he knows what he is doing by now.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:20 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not how it works. I posted about that previously.

Here it is again:
Ok so it is that way for all tenders where a player was tendered higher than he was drafted. The max we could get is a 3rd rounder out of Ward.

Originally Posted by :
The same is true for the second-round tender -- if a team uses it on a player drafted in the third round or lower, it can only receive a third-round pick

[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:20 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
If Niang doesn't get injured in 2019 while at TCU, he's a 1st rd pick and year 1 starter at Tackle in the NFL. The guy has serious talent and is going to be perfectly fine for the Chiefs at RT. Our focus needs to be filling that gaping hole at LT, and I have ALL the confidence in the world that BV is going to get a deal done that will shore up the OL.
Does anyone think Niang might be an option at LT now that our options are limited? And what RT options might we pursue if they settle on Niang for LT?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:21 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That's because Allegretti doesn't belong in the conversation.

As of the time of this post the Chiefs have one quality lineman and one guy with potential that hasn't played ball in two years. We have another guard that, prior to this offseason, Chiefs fans thought was one of the weakest links on the line and wanted him gone, and the best guy left on the table is a lateral move at best.

Sorry, but that doesn't induce any warm and fuzzies.

Veach is going to have to pull a walrus out of a hat. He can do it, but you should be able to understand why there's skepticism.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:22 PM 03-17-2021
there is absolutely no reason to panic.

Veach didn't clear all that cap room for nothing.

Let's let the man work.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:22 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's because Allegretti doesn't belong in the conversation.

As of the time of this post the Chiefs have one quality lineman and one guy with potential that hasn't played ball in two years. We have another guard that, prior to this offseason, Chiefs fans thought was one of the weakest links on the line and wanted him gone, and the best guy left on the table is a lateral move at best.

Sorry, but that doesn't induce any warm and fuzzies.

Veach is going to have to pull a walrus out of a hat. He can do it, but you should be able to understand why there's skepticism.
I get it but I also realize this is literally three days into the offseason.
[Reply]
-King- 03:24 PM 03-17-2021
I'll take a wash at o-line if we can get a good WR2 and decent TE2
[Reply]
New World Order 03:25 PM 03-17-2021
There are still some solid LTs available plus upgrades at center.

WBF
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:27 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'll take a wash at o-line if we can get a good WR2 and decent TE2
It's not going to be 'a wash'.
[Reply]
Page 236 of 319
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Up