ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 328
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It's stupid that Escobar and Butera are getting at bats still. Makes no sense
I've told you guys for as long as I can remember, before the World Series run, during the World Series runs and after the World Series runs that Ned Yost is a buffoon. It was always strange to me, that people would be like see he is a good manager (during the World Series runs). He isn't if he continues to make horrible decisions over and over again. You don't judge a manager based on the results of your team. Results oriented thinking can be dangerous in many situations.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:02 AM 08-07-2018
It was a lefty pitcher. That's why the left handed bats sat. It's actually 3 straight against lefties.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:13 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It was a lefty pitcher. That's why the left handed bats sat. It's actually 3 straight against lefties.
Sorry I can't understand this. I sustained an aneurysm with all of the idiocy that's sandwiched between my post and yours.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:49 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've told you guys for as long as I can remember, before the World Series run, during the World Series runs and after the World Series runs that Ned Yost is a buffoon. It was always strange to me, that people would be like see he is a good manager (during the World Series runs). He isn't if he continues to make horrible decisions over and over again. You don't judge a manager based on the results of your team. Results oriented thinking can be dangerous in many situations.
Today's lineup...what purpose does this serve? Phillips sitting so Escobar can play 3b and Ohearn sitting for no future backup catcher at 1st

@DBLesky: #Royals lineup vs. Montgomery:

Merrifield 2B
Gordon LF
Perez C
Dozier DH
Herrera CF
Bonifacio RF
Mondesi SS
Escobar 3B
Butera 1B
Keller P
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:03 PM 08-07-2018
I know he doesn't make the lineup call, but watching Escobar play every day has erased most of the positive memories I have of him.
[Reply]
Jerok 03:10 PM 08-07-2018
David Glass better be asking why he's paying 2.5 mil for Escobar when a random minor league player would play better
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:35 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Jerok:
David Glass better be asking why he's paying 2.5 mil for Escobar when a random minor league player would play better
substantially better.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:01 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Today's lineup...what purpose does this serve? Phillips sitting so Escobar can play 3b and Ohearn sitting for no future backup catcher at 1st

@DBLesky: #Royals lineup vs. Montgomery:

Merrifield 2B
Gordon LF
Perez C
Dozier DH
Herrera CF
Bonifacio RF
Mondesi SS
Escobar 3B
Butera 1B
Keller P

#Yosted
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:36 PM 08-07-2018
And for fuck’s sake, if Perez and butera are both in the lineup, Perez should be at first.

Ned is bad at tactical things and logic. He’s great at managing players and personalities.

As long as he has a plug and play team with few decisions, he can make it work.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:38 PM 08-07-2018
Sorry. Dayton problem. He resigned Alshittys and retains him. He could cut him any time.

We are back to the old annoying Dayton. I don't really have another 10 years of patience
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:25 PM 08-07-2018
That stadium is 80% Cubs fans... JFC where do they all come from?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:38 PM 08-07-2018
LOL Bonifacio. We need some better fielders than Boni and Soler in RF if we want to compete in a few years. Those guys should be our DH & 1B going forward.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:38 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
That stadium is 80% Cubs fans... JFC where do they all come from?
Iowa. They come from Iowa. And Blue Springs.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:10 PM 08-07-2018
Did Jorge Soler end up on the 60 day DL?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:02 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

As long as he has a plug and play team with few decisions, he can make it work.
Cant any manager do that though?
[Reply]
Page 236 of 328
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Up