ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 3903
« First < 135185225231232233234235 2362372382392452853357351235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 10:51 PM 03-13-2020
Nothings getting done with 1700 Engineers. It's a freaking website.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 PM 03-13-2020

Update: contrary to Trump’s claim, Google is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website https://t.co/3gNj7bghMk pic.twitter.com/xeyqnHHGD6

— The Verge (@verge) March 13, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 03-13-2020, 10:52 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
BigRedChief 10:58 PM 03-13-2020
No Coronavirus test for the President. But 58 NBA basketball team’s front office personnel was warranted.

NEW: Memo from Trump's physician pic.twitter.com/Ei67uqLdj2

— Jason Leopold (@JasonLeopold) March 14, 2020

[Reply]
MagicHef 11:07 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is what I don't understand. These things often ease up over the summer - The Spanish Flu did, SARS disappeared when it got warm. Also so far this doesn't seem to be hitting warm weather countries that hard.

Yet damned if you can find one expert or study that even tries to explain why. And I've read about this shit for 8 hours a day for the last month.They all say there is no evidence that summer vs. winter affects it. Maybe they just don't want us to get complacent or something.
I think a lot of it is how much time people spend inside vs outside. On a related note, the ample homeless population in Seattle is so far unaffected by this virus.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:10 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No Coronavirus test for the President. But 58 NBA basketball team’s front office personnel was warranted.

I know there's a lot of grey area here, but you're tiptoeing on the line that others have been booted from the thread for.
[Reply]
tk13 11:17 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think a lot of it is how much time people spend inside vs outside. On a related note, the ample homeless population in Seattle is so far unaffected by this virus.
People do spend more time outside, but there is also more sunlight. I'm not sure this thing has really been around long enough to be sure... but in general UV light reduces the life of bacteria and viruses.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:31 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why would it be bad in Africa? Africa has by far the youngest median age population in the world. They are actually probably in the best shape and very few of them are overweight. India also has a relatively young population, especially compared to Italy, and even that of the US.
There is a huge misconception about how this works.

Yes, children under the age of 15 or so do appear to be fine without treatment.

But once you get over 20 and even more so after 30, a significant percentage will develop serious pneumonia and will die without intensive medical treatment that is often lasting up to 3 weeks.

However, those under 50 that get intensive treatment usually make good recovery.

In both Wuhan and now in Italy the death rate for the younger patients went up as hospitals were overwhelmed.

So the younger population will help a lot, no doubt about it. But there are many millions living in slums and not all of them are under 20. Without the ICU care I think they are likely to have a much higher death rate than has been seen so far.

And they aren't overweight but many are malnourished and are already suffering from other chronic diseases.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:34 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Fantastic interview by Joe Rogan.

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw
Seconded. Watched it a few days ago. No bullshit detected. Just real talk and good info.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

But once you get over 20 and even more so after 30, a significant percentage will develop serious pneumonia and will die without intensive medical treatment that is often lasting up to 3 weeks.

However, those under 50 that get intensive treatment usually make good recovery.

In both Wuhan and now in Italy the death rate for the younger patients went up as hospitals were overwhelmed.

So the younger population will help a lot, no doubt about it. But there are many millions living in slums and not all of them are under 20. Without the ICU care I think they are likely to have a much higher death rate than has been seen so far.

And they aren't overweight but many are malnourished and are already suffering from other chronic diseases.
Thanks for that information. That's quite frightening. Where have you read about what medical assistance ppl in their 30s need to get when they get Pneumonia or 30 somethings death rate in Italy?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 PM 03-13-2020
Fuck. It just occurred to me we may lose a whole year of Mahomes to this shit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:58 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Why are you trying to make this political?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:59 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Where are you getting this info? Most who have died were 80+
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:00 AM 03-14-2020
OKAY IT'S OFFICIALLY TIME TO PANIC

[Reply]
SPchief 12:01 AM 03-14-2020
Good lord
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:19 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Where are you getting this info? Most who have died were 80+
This. Sounds dubious at best. Most statistics I've seen show people in their 30s or close to it having an extremely low death rate, and around of 80% of all people having mild complications.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 3903
« First < 135185225231232233234235 2362372382392452853357351235 > Last »
Up