ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 270
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 08:46 PM 08-14-2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Kbz55D...=1auscczkrcarc

Doesn’t look that fat there
[Reply]
digger 08:49 PM 08-14-2019
Here's that TD song, the full thing:

[Reply]
BWillie 08:51 PM 08-14-2019
Keep ****ing doubting Breeland Speaks. He wasn't near as bad last year as everyone made him out to be. He's not fast. He's fat. He's always been like that and he still produced in college and got himself drafted high. He has a knack for making plays

I'm on team Speaks now going forward.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:19 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Kbz55D...=1auscczkrcarc

Doesn’t look that fat there
No, he does not.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 PM 08-14-2019
Speaks has probably lost 10+ lbs simply due to water weight. That happens with all these linemen.

That’s my problem with what he said. Guys like Chris Jones are putting on muscle in the offseason so when they inevitably lose weight, that muscle will still be there to help.

Speaks seems lazy as hell. I mean goddamn son you’re making a mil a year, get in the damn weight room. Don’t show up to minicamp 3 months later with a beer gut and then basically admit you were lazy.

I want this dude to succeed, but this really irks me. I hope to God I’m wrong.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:48 PM 08-14-2019
It's sad Speaks won't take his diet seriously.

There was a study done involving body fat and how it affected athletic performance:

In his next research, Dr. Todd tested 170lb athletes and loaded them with 3.4lb (or 2% body fat) vests and made them complete some power tests (vertical jumps, sprints)

Results:

For a 170 lb. athlete, a fat gain of 3.4 lbs. (2%) resulted in a vertical jump height loss of 2 inches (5 cms) , and a 40 yard sprint (37 meters) increase in time of 0.26 seconds.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/scien...c-performance/

And that study was just 3.4 pounds. Imagine how much Speaks could improve if he added a little more muscle and shed 15 lbs of fat.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:30 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It's sad Speaks won't take his diet seriously.

There was a study done involving body fat and how it affected athletic performance:

In his next research, Dr. Todd tested 170lb athletes and loaded them with 3.4lb (or 2% body fat) vests and made them complete some power tests (vertical jumps, sprints)

Results:

For a 170 lb. athlete, a fat gain of 3.4 lbs. (2%) resulted in a vertical jump height loss of 2 inches (5 cms) , and a 40 yard sprint (37 meters) increase in time of 0.26 seconds.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/scien...c-performance/

And that study was just 3.4 pounds. Imagine how much Speaks could improve if he added a little more muscle and shed 15 lbs of fat.
He'd be so scrumptious! Like a blueberry muffin!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:50 PM 08-14-2019
Really dumb for Speaks there, sounds like he could be an Eddy Lacy type. I still think he makes a handful of plays for us this year though.

Truthfully, he wouldn’t get near as much attention or pressure if we’d had a 1st round pick last year. But since he was our first choice, I think the expectations for him are higher than they’d normally be for a mid 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
FAX 10:59 PM 08-14-2019
Spoken like a true Christianshits, Mr. pugsnotdrugs19.

However, the Draftabulators tell me that it's super important to hit on your 2nd rounders (and I certainly don't disagree).

The odd thing about Speaks (other than his apparent gastronomical compulsion) is that he was brought in to play OLB in a 3-4 defense. Worse yet, Sutton had those guys falling back in coverage depending on the call and the enemy offense's personnel and pre-snap look. I don't think there are too many people who saw Speaks as a 3-4 edge rusher before the draft ... including Speaks himself.

My hope is that he will feel more comfortable both with his positional assignment and the scheme. I'm a tad less than 50/50 in the hope zone, however.

FAX
[Reply]
Chargem 12:47 AM 08-15-2019
I think Speaks gets a lot of shit for a few reasons:
All of the things above aren't Speaks fault at all. Spags loves to rotate his DL I have heard so hopefully both he and Kpass can show something this year. If only one of them can be successful, I would rather it be Kpass even though that makes no sense as he has one less year of control, but I just like him more.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:00 AM 08-15-2019
"Well I guess you run the ball! That's how you beat them!"

Our run defense is going to be the most improved part of the team this year. I could easily see us being middle of the road in that dept this year. I don't think that's going to work with as much success as you hope it will, Kay.

Your dumbass fucking Chargers are dogshit, and they're going to get Andy Reid chile rilleno diarrhea shoved down their fucking throats

[Reply]
RunKC 07:27 AM 08-15-2019
Dear God we got killed in our last 3 games in time of possession. 40 minute difference in those last 3 games against LAC, Seattle and NE.

Glad they beefed up the run D. That’s what will really determine our success this year IMO
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:54 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"Well I guess you run the ball! That's how you beat them!"

Our run defense is going to be the most improved part of the team this year. I could easily see us being middle of the road in that dept this year. I don't think that's going to work with as much success as you hope it will, Kay.

Your dumbass fucking Chargers are dogshit, and they're going to get Andy Reid chile rilleno diarrhea shoved down their fucking throats

Yeah the annoying thing about her takes is they involve absolutely zero projection. Everything is based on what happened in previous years for her, as far as I can tell. Which is silly because this is a totally different unit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:10 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by :
Wide receiver Marcus Kemp took Watkins’ place with the starters and produced another exceptional performance. The first play during the team’s scrimmage period was a quick pass to Kemp, who ran a slant route from the slot position. Later in practice, Kemp made a diving catch in the middle of the field with cornerback Kendall Fuller close behind him in coverage during the team’s 7-on-7 period. Kemp also ran past cornerback Charvarius Ward for a long reception from Mahomes that would’ve led to a touchdown in a game.
“Kemp is a very, very consistent player,” said Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. “He doesn’t receive the attention that he normally receives because he’s one of those guys who’s a jack of all trades. He’s just a guy you plug in on special teams and he’s made his mark there. People forget how good of a receiver he is. He’s a big-body receiver, he knows the entire offense, and he just comes out here and makes plays.”
Man our WR core is deep. Dieter is clearly toast and probably headed to IR.

The Giants, the Jets, and several other teams might be good trade partners for one of our extra WR.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:22 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah the annoying thing about her takes is they involve absolutely zero projection. Everything is based on what happened in previous years for her, as far as I can tell. Which is silly because this is a totally different unit.
Yeah, just like many analysts and fans takes.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 270
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245 > Last »
Up