ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 270
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
el borracho 05:11 PM 08-14-2019
It isn’t strange at all. Trading up in the second creates more expectations than a guy taken in the fourth.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:26 PM 08-14-2019
damn this shit is going to be montana to rice

The Patrick Mahomes-Tyreek Hill connection is live and well. Lost him a little bit, but Hill's scramble ability is showcased on the first play. Not sure any can do it like him. pic.twitter.com/WM5vZijY3e

— Brandon Zenner (@NPNowZenner) August 14, 2019

[Reply]
Kiimo 05:38 PM 08-14-2019
Look at Thornhill catching up
[Reply]
staylor26 06:02 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
It isn’t strange at all. Trading up in the second creates more expectations than a guy taken in the fourth.
No he wasn’t. DOD was a 3rd rounder.
[Reply]
el borracho 06:09 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No he wasn’t. DOD was a 3rd rounder.
Just looked and you are correct- DOD was a late 3rd. Overall reason still applies, IMO. Pick #46 vs pick #100. Expectations are different
[Reply]
staylor26 06:36 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Just looked and you are correct- DOD was a late 3rd. Overall reason still applies, IMO. Pick #46 vs pick #100. Expectations are different
And the difference in the camps they’re having is even bigger. Significantly. So no, it doesn’t apply. Not to mention Speaks plays the position that usually takes more time to develop.
[Reply]
el borracho 07:10 PM 08-14-2019
I am not really sure what to tell you. We traded up to get Speaks and then played him in a new position. He wasn’t terribly impressive and looked slow. Then he came to camp looking like sad Thor.
I hope changing back to the line will help him. I hope he plays well but there are a lot of guys ahead of him and a lot of guys competing with him. Kpassagnon is in the same boat really, except Kpassagnon has always looked more athletic. Average fan just doesn’t expect #46 in the draft to be so tubby and slow. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:11 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nate Taylor
@ByNateTaylor
New story. A lighter & more confident Breeland Speaks is starting to blossom. “That sack was fun, & it’s just been fun playing back in that 4-3.”

I’m not saying this means anything, but the way people talk about Speaks, you would think he’s just been awful. He’s having a better camp than DOD (and preseason game), yet he’s the one still catching all the shit. It’s really weird.
Originally Posted by :
“The biggest issue for Speaks this past offseason, it appears, was the decisions he made with his diet. Speaks knew his body wasn’t in the best shape when the Chiefs reunited at their practice facility in April for offseason workouts.”
So this guy spent 3 months becoming a bigger fatass and even in the article it said the beginning of camp was “rough”.

Yeah that’s extremely concerning. Compare that to a guy like Chris Jones who is building muscle and working his ass off.

Speaks deserves a clean slate from the AIDS infestation of Bob Sutton, but what the hell?

This guy appears to be lazy
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:00 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So this guy spent 3 months becoming a bigger fatass and even in the article it said the beginning of camp was “rough”.

Yeah that’s extremely concerning. Compare that to a guy like Chris Jones who is building muscle and working his ass off.

Speaks deserves a clean slate from the AIDS infestation of Bob Sutton, but what the hell?

This guy appears to be lazy
Yeah. There are guys who don't take insane METICULOUS care of their bodies over the offseason, but they do enough to be in pretty good football shape each training camp. I think most dudes are in this category. Then there are the guys who show up to training camp, and you get tweets from reporters saying, "This dude is in the best shape of his life right now."

It's one thing if Speaks didn't take full advantage of the offseason workouts and only did the bare minimum because he didn't know any different or hasn't gotten used to being a pro going into his second year. We'd expect a big change going into his 3rd year, but for now that's fine.

But the dude was honestly as fat as a fucking house. That's not out of ignorance. That was a goddamn choice he made. It's not at all a good look. Yeah, he can chalk it up as a lesson learned, and you bet your ass Reid and Burkholder let him have it when he showed up like that. He can correct his mistake and move on.

But damn... he fucked UP
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:04 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
No one likes a fatty.
DJ always looked fat, some guys just dont look like they should.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:08 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
DJ always looked fat, some guys just dont look like they should.
until he got serious about his craft, after that he looked lije a new man
[Reply]
FAX 08:10 PM 08-14-2019
So ... what is it, then?

Is Speaks a moron? So dense that he didn't realize what he was doing to himself in the off-season? Too stupid to discuss off-season conditioning with the training staff or veterans? Or, he did discuss it with them and decided not to listen?

Or, does this demonstrate a lack of commitment to the sport and the team?

Or, was this simply a summer fling with grated cheese on gravy? A first off-season rookie splurge?

FAX
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:17 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
So ... what is it, then?

Is Speaks a moron? So dense that he didn't realize what he was doing to himself in the off-season? Too stupid to discuss off-season conditioning with the training staff or veterans? Or, he did discuss it with them and decided not to listen?

Or, was this simply a summer fling with grated cheese on gravy? A first off-season rookie splurge?

FAX
Spent the off season with Andy in an epic Chile rellenos eating contest.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:27 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
until he got serious about his craft, after that he looked lije a new man
I don't remember ever seeing a change in his body. He always looked chubby. He was always quick though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:33 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
So ... what is it, then?

FAX
Honestly FAX I don't think this is that unusual. You always have the athletic beast and work out warriors and then you have the other guys who just aren't that way and do moderate work and use camp to get in top shape. These dudes have been doing this by now for 10+ years. Some of them don't love to work out.

Not saying I understand or agree with it but again its not that unusual. I mean do we believe every single NFL player showed up to camp in the best shape of their lives or did maybe 30% of them?

I think Stan Humphries, my favorite non Chief no name tough as guts QB, used to water ski in the offseason to stay in shape.

And I say all this saying Speaks MAY be a turd, I just don't know that for sure yet and am not worried right now. He seems to be having a good camp. :-)
[Reply]
Page 234 of 270
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244 > Last »
Up