ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 335
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What that might actually tell you is just how plodding George Martin has become in his books.

You're absolutely right - I suspect he'll produce a 900 page book that doesn't get us much further than the show has taken us to this point.
This season has still been mostly books 4 & 5. All the book readers afraid of spoilers haven't really seen much new, aside from Jon's resurrection. Which surprised nobody...

The battle(s) this week all occur early in book 6 from everything I've read and been led to believe. I'm wondering if the season finale's title is an indication that it really marks the large-scale start of book 6 material.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:37 PM 06-18-2016
https://www.yahoo.com/style/sincerel...162333306.html another arya theory
[Reply]
Bowser 05:58 PM 06-18-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
https://www.yahoo.com/style/sincerel...162333306.html another arya theory
That's so fucking crazy it might actually end up being true.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:10 PM 06-18-2016
That was something I was thinking about. The FM have magical powers and serve the god of death.

Why does a god need corporeal men or women to carry out his will?

A "god" wouldn't. Therefore, the FM are just simple assassins that ritualistically view themselves as agents of death...

.. or the FM men are themselves dead and given magic capabilities from the Many Faced God to serve as agents of death. They already know who and who isn't marked for death, so serving as assassins is pretty trivial from their standpoint because who dies and when (relatively.. especially from how Lady Crane was dealt with) has already been predetermined.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:10 PM 06-18-2016
I think the becoming 'No One' is Arya leaving her previous morality behind to pursue the killing of her targets at all costs. Not only did she kill the Waif, she cut off her face, snuck into the the temple and put it in hall all without Jagen knowing about it until she wanted him to know about it as a trap.

He then knew that the Arya he met at Harrenhal was no more.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:32 PM 06-18-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Who would she be after though?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:46 PM 06-18-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I think the becoming 'No One' is Arya leaving her previous morality behind to pursue the killing of her targets at all costs. Not only did she kill the Waif, she cut off her face, snuck into the the temple and put it in hall all without Jagen knowing about it until she wanted him to know about it as a trap.

He then knew that the Arya he met at Harrenhal was no more.
Unless it IS the Waif, and she was putting her former face on the wall since she is now using Arya's. I guess we will know for sure if and when she runs into people she knows in Westeros.

Who would she be after though?
She'd be whomever Jaqen needed her to be after that. Maybe there has been a sanctioned hit in Westeros Jaqen is using Arya/Waif for? No shortage of fucksticks that could use a good assassination....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:56 PM 06-18-2016
They always kill anyone that the audience likes. Not knowing they died until later certainty seems like a new way to fuck with us.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:56 PM 06-18-2016
Unless it IS the Waif, and she was putting her former face on the wall since she is now using Arya's. I guess we will know for sure if and when she runs into people she knows in Westeros.

She'd be whomever Jaqen needed her to be after that. Maybe there has been a sanctioned hit in Westeros Jaqen is using Arya/Waif for? No shortage of fucksticks that could use a good assassination....
Or it could be to kill sansa, jon, etc... Who else would they need to be arya for?
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:59 PM 06-18-2016
If that ends up happening....then fuck this show.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:00 PM 06-18-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They always kill anyone that the audience likes. Not knowing they died until later certainty seems like a new way to fuck with us.
Exactly, and I get the feeling we won't know for sure until next season with Arya.

Or it could be to kill sansa, jon, etc... Who else would they need to be arya for?
She is highborn, so she could conceivably get into any nearly any court in Westeros, but she did say specifically she was going to Winterfell....
[Reply]
Bowser 07:03 PM 06-18-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
If that ends up happening....then fuck this show.
I don't think it's the case, even if it does have that "this is just diabolical enough to pull off" feel to it. If the end scene with Arya and the Waif had been the Waif advancing on a cowering Arya and then cut away, I might believe it more. But Arya was playing hurt to lure the Waif in as evidenced by her bowing up with Needle, taking a fighting pose, and killing the candle. I don't THINK I believe this theory. Yet, anyway.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:27 PM 06-18-2016
Yeah I don't REALLY think i buy it
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:27 PM 06-18-2016
The obvious thing would be that Arya used the faceless men to train her and now she's headed back to Westeros to clear her list. It was a waste of show but it would make the most sense. My hope is that she and Nymeria somehow find each other again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:25 PM 06-18-2016
Pretty decent watch.

[Reply]
Page 234 of 335
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Up