ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 232 of 3903
« First < 132182222228229230231232 2332342352362422823327321232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 07:42 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
My college roommate used to eat mackerel right out of the can. That's fucking cat food. Nasty. Underwood Deviled Ham is also cat food.
Never had the deviled ham. I have, in the past, had the deviled chicken. I'd mix it with mayo to make sandwiches. It was okay.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:42 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Anyone want to put a wager on the one million number?

Sensationalized fear mongering horseshit...but people will remember it...OMG OMG ONE MILLION.
You won't believe whatever they publish anyway.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:44 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
You won't believe whatever they publish anyway.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 PM 03-13-2020
Hearing the medical dude that was in China talk about what they did to combat it, how they mobilized etc. Pretty crazy shit.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:46 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Same. I can't see any reason this is gonna get better for at least a couple months. The ONLY thing could be if we get our testing machine in gear and find out that it's actually not near as prevalent as feared, which seems unlikely.
My boss has family in China. She says two months minimum. But it's still not clear what happens if you just let things go back to normal.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:46 PM 03-13-2020
I unloaded the last of my index funds at close today. I think the panic is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Of course you do. Please sell,
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:50 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If it lessons over summer it will very likely be back in the fall.

But it may not mutate or it could get less virulent. We may have better treatments by then and the world would certainly have more ventilators and trained operators by then.
This is what I don't understand. These things often ease up over the summer - The Spanish Flu did, SARS disappeared when it got warm. Also so far this doesn't seem to be hitting warm weather countries that hard.

Yet damned if you can find one expert or study that even tries to explain why. And I've read about this shit for 8 hours a day for the last month.They all say there is no evidence that summer vs. winter affects it. Maybe they just don't want us to get complacent or something.
[Reply]
srvy 07:53 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Never had the deviled ham. I have, in the past, had the deviled chicken. I'd mix it with mayo to make sandwiches. It was okay.
All I ever had was the tins of deviled ham. when I was id come home from school most kids would make :-) I would make a deviled ham sammie.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 PM 03-13-2020
This is what I don't understand. These things often ease up over the summer - The Spanish Flu did, SARS disappeared when it got warm. Also so far this doesn't seem to be hitting warm weather countries that hard.

Yet damned if you can find one expert or study that even tries to explain why. And I've read about this shit for 8 hours a day for the last month.They all say there is no evidence that summer vs. winter affects it. Maybe they just don't want us to get complacent or something.
Originally Posted by :
Why is the flu more common in the winter?
ANSWER

Many things play a role in making the flu more common in the winter:

The virus lives longer indoors in winter, because the air is less humid than outside.
While it's alive and in the air, it's easy for people to inhale it, or for it to land on the eyes, nose, or mouth.
We spend more time indoors and have closer contact with each other, which makes it easier for the virus to spread.
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/q...-in-the-winter
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 PM 03-13-2020
Google is building this new website where you put all your health information into the system and then it determines if a test is warranted.

I don’t know about you guys and gals but, I’m not giving Google all my personal health information. What could go wrong?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:08 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Google is building this new website where you put all your health information into the system and then it determines if a test is warranted.

I don’t know about you guys and gals but, I’m not giving Google all my personal health information. What could go wrong?
Meh. They already have every email and chat I've sent or received, photo I've taken, place I've been, website I've visited, and who knows what else. I can't imagine a few questions about my symptoms is going to make much of a difference.

(Plus, I can't imagine they'd require you to log in to use it.)
[Reply]
Pablo 08:11 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
All I ever had was the tins of deviled ham. when I was id come home from school most kids would make :-) I would make a deviled ham sammie.
My grandma always had deviled ham around when I was growing up, so I ate it and liked it. Salty shit, but I'll still eat it.

My wife had never heard of this stuff and I bought it on a whim a few years ago. She was with me at the store and was like WTF is that, oh just wait and you'll see. So I get home and opened it up and she instantly told me how awful it smelled and looked and all that good stuff. Made the cat food comparison and all. So I ate it and waited until she left the room. Took my finger and ran it along the inside of the can and then coated the tumbler she was drinking out of under the lid on the opposite side of the mouth hole. She complained for hours about how that smell just wouldn't go away and how the hell could I eat something that smelled like that.
[Reply]
eDave 08:11 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Heard this is a pretty small site developed by another alphabet subsidiary and limited in scope. Like just directions to test locations or something.
[Reply]
ping2000 08:16 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Heard this is a pretty small site developed by another alphabet subsidiary and limited in scope. Like just directions to test locations or something.
Did they write the democratic primary software, because that worked so well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We had plenty of Spam, but they were completely out of Underwood deviled chicken.

Go figure.
I don't know if this helps but they do seem to have it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Underwood-Chi...WD9BDHHFW9YTSE
[Reply]
Page 232 of 3903
« First < 132182222228229230231232 2332342352362422823327321232 > Last »
Up