petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:54 AM 12-24-2018
Repeat: he needs to be fired TODAY.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:57 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
It looks to me like the message on defense has just gotten old and guys aren’t being held to any standards

They’ll blow it all up in the offseason
Yeah, they've been drafting for a 4-3.

Sutton is retiring at the end of this season.

My only concern at this point is if Emmitt Thomas "retires" with him.

Thomas needs to go NOW.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:58 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, they've been drafting for a 4-3.

Sutton is retiring at the end of this season.

My only concern at this point is if Emmitt Thomas "retires" with him.

Thomas needs to go NOW.

So does Al Harris, and well pretty much everyone on that side of the ball.
[Reply]
Pushead2 09:58 AM 12-24-2018
I just hope nobody is promoted from within.

The defense needs brand new blood.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:58 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Repeat: he needs to be fired TODAY.
Not happening, Canuck.

Reid isn't going to fire his longtime DC on the cusp of HFA.

Buttons retires at the end of the year. We need Old Man River Emmitt Thomas to be gone with him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:59 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Britt Reid will still be Dline coach, at least.

Hope he DOESN'T get promoted to DC...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:01 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I'd rather fire Thomas today and let Al Harris be DB coach for next week and playoffs. Of course, he's a team legend and that will never happen...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:09 AM 12-24-2018
Not happening, Canuck.

Reid isn't going to fire his longtime DC on the cusp of HFA.

Buttons retires at the end of the year. We need Old Man River Emmitt Thomas to be gone with him.
And there lies the entire problem with Reid.

He knows the defense is atrocious. Sitting Scandrick and Parker is not sending a message - it is desperation. The two rookies looked scared shitless out there (Ward/Smith), and Sorenson has no business replacing Parker either.

Firing the playcaller sends a real message of accountability this late in a season.

FUCK NEXT YEAR. FUCK THE DEFENSE IS A YEAR AWAY NARRATIVE. YOU HAVE A WIZARD AT QB WITH AN OFFENSE ABOUT TO GET HEALTHY BUT YOU ALLOW THE ELEPHANT TO STAY IN THE ROOM? FUCK THAT NOISE.

I want some offensive players to speak up. This team could use some tension/infighting. Enough with Reid’s “we gotta be better” speeches.

Embrace the urgency. Sutton needs to be canned TODAY.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:10 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Serious question, has anyone in the KC media just come out and say:

"It seems like the defense isn't working. At what point will changes be made in regards to the coaching staff?"

The only time that I thoroughly enjoy the NYC media. They never hold back.
I can't imagine what the headlines would be like right now if this was the NY media. Sutton would be getting torched.

Originally Posted by O.city:
It looks to me like the message on defense has just gotten old and guys aren’t being held to any standards

They’ll blow it all up in the offseason
I guess best spin on yesterday is that was what Reid was trying to do by benching Parker and Scandrick?
[Reply]
TEX 10:10 AM 12-24-2018

He knows the defense is atrocious. Sitting Scandrick and Parker is not sending a message - it is desperation. The two rookies looked scared shitless out there (Ward/Smith), and Sorenson has no business replacing Parker either.

Firing the playcaller sends a real message of accountability this late in a season.

**** NEXT YEAR. **** THE DEFENSE IS A YEAR AWAY NARRATIVE. YOU HAVE A WIZARD AT QB WITH AN OFFENSE ABOUT TO GET HEALTHY BUT YOU ALLOW THE ELEPHANT TO STAY IN THE ROOM? **** THAT NOISE.

I want some offensive players to speak up. This team could use some tension/infighting. Enough with Reid’s “we gotta be better” speeches.

Actually Sutton needed to be canned YESTERDAY! But I get, and agree, with your point.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:11 AM 12-24-2018
I'd rather fire Thomas today and let Al Harris be DB coach for next week and playoffs. Of course, he's a team legend and that will never happen...

Reid should have pulled a Zimmer and fired Sutton after the Chargers loss and gave whoever 10 days to prepare. But he is way to loyal.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:12 AM 12-24-2018

**** NEXT YEAR. **** THE DEFENSE IS A YEAR AWAY NARRATIVE. YOU HAVE A WIZARD AT QB WITH AN OFFENSE ABOUT TO GET HEALTHY BUT YOU ALLOW THE ELEPHANT TO STAY IN THE ROOM? **** THAT NOISE.

Could the defense be worse if they fired him? No? Then do it. Even if the next coach is just as bad, maybe it lights a fire. Maybe it's a reset button that helps somehow. It can't get much worse.
[Reply]
In58men 10:13 AM 12-24-2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pushead2 10:15 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:15 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by In58men: