ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2319 of 3903
« First < 1319181922192269230923152316231723182319 232023212322232323292369241928193319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:06 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I think I do pretty good for typing on my phone most of the time. Especially when it has to be a dissertation to a rube like you! :-)
Yeah, no.....you don't. You suck at it as a matter of fact.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:06 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I can't wait until Pete has surgery. I want to be in the operating theater when he tells everyone to take off their masks because they really don't do anything.....
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah cause that's the same thing......:-)

You're so clever
That's what you don't seem to understand: the purpose of a surgical mask in an OR is *exactly* the same reason why health experts are saying to wear them in public during a pandemic: it is intended to reduce the probability of infectious material transfer.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 PM 06-10-2020
That's what you don't seem to understand: the purpose of a surgical mask in an OR is *exactly* the same reason why health experts are saying to wear them in public during a pandemic: it is intended to reduce the probability of infectious material transfer.
The purpose of a surgical mask is to prevent the surgeon from hacking a loogie into an open wound.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:22 PM 06-10-2020
The purpose of a surgical mask is to prevent the surgeon from hacking a loogie into an open wound.
Considering your judgement, I am not the least bit surprised that "hacking a loogie into an open wound" is an actual valid concern regarding your health care practitioners. So yes, perhaps in your particular instance, that is what a surgical mask in an OR is actually used for....
[Reply]
srvy 09:41 PM 06-10-2020
Can it stop a Junior Mint falling from your hand from the gallery into the incision?

[Reply]
cdcox 09:44 PM 06-10-2020
Did they all have masks on? To me in that situation it is worthless. It takes so long to cut your hair that you negate the use of the masks. If you could get your hair cut in a few minutes then maybe. But especially for women who can take an hour or more. By that time the mask is just decoration.
It has always been about layers of protection.

Six feet apart is better than closer. Is it foolproof, No
Shorter exposure is better than longer. Is it foolproof, No.
Masks are better than no masks. Is it foolproof? No.
Being exposed to fewer people is better than being exposed to more people. Is it foolproof? No.
Symptom screening is better than not symptom screening. Is it foolproof? No.

I’m not sure how anyone can not understand this after 3 months. This isn’t new information any more.

If you are going to spend an hour in close proximity to someone who you don’t know what they have been doing in the last week, or even if they are running a fever, every public heath official is going to advise you to wear a mask.

If you can’t understand this, no one can help you. Good luck with your life.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:37 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It has always been about layers of protection.

Six feet apart is better than closer. Is it foolproof, No
Shorter exposure is better than longer. Is it foolproof, No.
Masks are better than no masks. Is it foolproof? No.
Being exposed to fewer people is better than being exposed to more people. Is it foolproof? No.
Symptom screening is better than not symptom screening. Is it foolproof? No.

I’m not sure how anyone can not understand this after 3 months. This isn’t new information any more.

If you are going to spend an hour in close proximity to someone who you don’t know what they have been doing in the last week, or even if they are running a fever, every public heath official is going to advise you to wear a mask.

If you can’t understand this, no one can help you. Good luck with your life.

:-) Looks like you had to get the crayons out for pete
[Reply]
Pants 10:46 AM 06-11-2020
You don't know that they are spreading it.
But in case they are, wouldn't you want to be on the safe side?
[Reply]
Pants 10:51 AM 06-11-2020
Went to the liquor store yesterday. I think I was the only one wearing a mask. Even the employees manning the registers weren't wearing any.

It fucking blows my mind that so many people just do not care enough about the well-being of their community to just err on the side of caution. It's disheartening and sad.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:03 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:

It ****ing blows my mind that so many people just do not care enough about the well-being of their community to just err on the side of caution. It's disheartening and sad.
Yeah the protests and riots were dumb I agree.
[Reply]
Pants 11:07 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah the protests and riots were dumb I agree.
Why are you quoting me, saying something completely different and then saying you agree?

Are you agreeing with me?

You agree that people should wear masks in public in an attempt to protect their community?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:20 PM 06-11-2020
Why are you quoting me, saying something completely different and then saying you agree?

You agree that people should wear masks in public in an attempt to protect their community?
We seem to both agree alot of selfish people out there.... Blows my mind is all?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:28 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No clue. Just depends on whether the heat is a lot of the reason things have gotten better recently.
Correct answer is "no"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...omy-again.html
[Reply]
DaFace 01:28 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Correct answer is "no"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...omy-again.html
I certainly hope not, but I don't think anyone can say for sure. In 1918, the second wave was roughly 4 times as bad as the first wave, and if we're seeing 8-10k people die per day in the fall, I find it hard to imagine not shutting things back down. Hopefully people are smart and do what they can to reduce the spread regardless of how it comes back.
[Reply]
sedated 01:29 PM 06-11-2020

Just trying to make stuff political.
[Reply]
Page 2319 of 3903
« First < 1319181922192269230923152316231723182319 232023212322232323292369241928193319 > Last »
Up