ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 270
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 01:08 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
It's funny to me how some people are saying the Chiefs have maybe the fastest trio of receivers in the history of the game in Hill, Watkins and Hardman. When you think of it, Chris Conley clocked practically the same time as Hardman on the 40-yard dash so one would think that the WR group is not any faster than last year.

But really, Hardman looks much faster than Conley. And a lot better too.
That's because Conley sucks.

Dick Vermeil had olympic sprinters and shit that he tried to make work at the WR position. Those dudes never made it past training camp. Sure enough, you'd watch them play on the field, and you'd be like, "Uhh what? THAT'S an olympic sprinter? He looks slower than molasses."

Yeah. Because he sucks.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:09 PM 08-14-2019
A lot of young players have to learn work ethic, hopefully he'll take this as a learned experience as he probably has been reamed several times for being fat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:10 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Just saw Breeland Speaks’ interview. Disappointed to hear the weight gain was not planned, and that he’s lost quite a bit of weight since the beginning of mini camp/training camp.

If you can’t get motivated to stay in shape for this upcoming season...after the team went out and signed Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah...I’m not sure what will motivate you.
Breeland Speaks was in shape.

The shape of a circle.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:13 PM 08-14-2019
Okay he let himself go a little bit which is unacceptable. Obviously he passed his conditioning test, so he isn’t completely out of shape, but what the hell dude?

This is a make or break year for your dumbass, Breeland.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Okay he let himself go a little bit which is unacceptable. Obviously he passed his conditioning test, so he isn’t completely out of shape, but what the hell dude?

This is a make or break year for your dumbass, Breeland.
Veach knew what he was getting. He moved up for this guy as his first pick.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:25 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah, that's actually something to be concerned about. Speaks should've been in camp lean and mean, but he just got fatter. This is a player that was already sluggish to begin with.
People are reading to deep into his comments he didn't say he came to camp fatter.

And if you dont think most players don't shed some weight in camp you are naive. They are probably better off coming in a few pounds over playing weight.

Many players have a hard time keeping weight on during the season.
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
People are reading to deep into his comments he didn't say he came to camp fatter.

And if you dont think most players don't shed some weight in camp you are naive. They are probably better off coming in a few pounds over playing weight.

If what he came to camp in was just a few pounds overweight, i'm not sure what the goal was.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:36 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If what he came to camp in was just a few pounds overweight, i'm not sure what the goal was.
Me either but frankly I dont think this is that uncommon. As someone else has said he passed the conditioning test so...............
[Reply]
Mecca 01:39 PM 08-14-2019
It's also possible they told him they wanted him to weigh in at 285-290 as a big end/DT so he proceeded to make sure he weighed that when in reality a lot of that is not going to be good weight.

He was already a chunky dude anyway and some guys are just going to be built like that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:41 PM 08-14-2019
Me either but frankly I dont think this is that uncommon. As someone else has said he passed the conditioning test so...............
It's more about what he DIDN'T do, then it is about whether or not he can pass a conditioning test.

You say it's not that uncommon, but it IS uncommon for players who are motivated to be great.

Pat Mahomes shed body fat, and he's a goddamn QB.

Watkins, Hill etc came into camp in the best shape of their lives.

If a player is poor at something (in this case, his quickness, agility and burst) then you expect said player to work on his physical conditioning to improve in those areas.

The fact that he not only DIDN'T do that, but even regressed, is the concern.
[Reply]
O.city 01:43 PM 08-14-2019
Maybe the conditioning test is too easy?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe the conditioning test is too easy?
Do you know what it is? It fucking sucks balls if you've ever heard the guys discuss it.
[Reply]
-King- 01:44 PM 08-14-2019
You can be out of shape and still pass a conditioning test.
[Reply]
-King- 01:46 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you know what it is? It fucking sucks balls if you've ever heard the guys discuss it.
It's a bunch of gassers within a specific time frame for each position group. He could have went 100% to pass it while someone like Frank Clark who stayed in shape only needed to run at 60-75%
[Reply]
TRR 01:47 PM 08-14-2019

LOL! The guy directly said he let himself go in the off-season, and had too much fun. When asked directly how much he’s lost he said “A LOT”. I don’t think you need to read into that comment at all. It’s very clear he came into camp very out of shape.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 270
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241 > Last »
Up