Page 231 of 298
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:45 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
they don't seem to be able to understand anything other than straight man. They don't attack ball carriers. They don't swarm to the ball. They don't play with any heart.

Now; it'd be one thing if none of these guys were players anyone thought could play; but none of them were drafted way in front of where they were projected to go. We have 3 #1 picks starting on that defense. Houston would've been a #1 but for testing positive for weed at the combine and is a pro-bowler. So basically 3#1 picks out of 11. 4 #2 picks on that defense. Hitchens looked great in Dallas; lost here. Fuller looked great in Washington, lost here. You can't tell me that a defense with SEVEN guys taken in the first two rounds is complete shit, can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. It just can't be all a talent issue. It's shit coaching.
This. All of it.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:53 AM 12-24-2018
Did they fire that piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:59 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
Did they fire that piece of shit yet?
i hope he stayed in seattle.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:03 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by MeatRock:
Hitchens will be back unfortunately, but Ragland has got to go. The entire secondary has got to go. D-line is decent.
At this point, I'm willing to see what the same guys could do with better coaching. Of course we still need to be aggressive about adding guys. To me, that defense looks like they have no confidence in the scheme whatsoever
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:06 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
they don't seem to be able to understand anything other than straight man. They don't attack ball carriers. They don't swarm to the ball. They don't play with any heart.

Now; it'd be one thing if none of these guys were players anyone thought could play; but none of them were drafted way in front of where they were projected to go. We have 3 #1 picks starting on that defense. Houston would've been a #1 but for testing positive for weed at the combine and is a pro-bowler. So basically 3#1 picks out of 11. 4 #2 picks on that defense. Hitchens looked great in Dallas; lost here. Fuller looked great in Washington, lost here. You can't tell me that a defense with SEVEN guys taken in the first two rounds is complete shit, can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. It just can't be all a talent issue. It's shit coaching.
:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:06 AM 12-24-2018
Many places to put this..

He is a veteran. Fought in Iraq and had both legs blown off.

Kansas City’s defense couldn’t stop me from catching passes...

— John Kriesel (@johnkriesel) December 24, 2018

[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:12 AM 12-24-2018
Sorenson has an almost uncanny ability to hit people as hard as he can without actually knocking them to the ground.

Seattle did exactly what we knew they'd do last night. They could have handed us their game plan a week before the game and we still would have let them run for over 200 yards against us. With a mini bye week and extra time to prepare, this is the product we put on national TV. Once again, we choke on a nationally televised game. I'm continually stunned at how woefully inept, unprepared, uninspired and unmotivated this defense plays week in-week-out.

Plainly speaking, this defense has a culture problem. That's the truth and that starts at the top.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:34 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Sorenson has an almost uncanny ability to hit people as hard as he can without actually knocking them to the ground.

Seattle did exactly what we knew they'd do last night. They could have handed us their game plan a week before the game and we still would have let them run for over 200 yards against us. With a mini bye week and extra time to prepare, this is the product we put on national TV. Once again, we choke on a nationally televised game. I'm continually stunned at how woefully inept, unprepared, uninspired and unmotivated this defense plays week in-week-out.

Plainly speaking, this defense has a culture problem. That's the truth and that starts at the top.
Good to know its just a culture issue, and not related at all to poor tackling mechanics or bad technique pressing in a cover 1.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:40 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Good to know its just a culture issue, and not related at all to poor tackling mechanics or bad technique pressing in a cover 1.
Culture encompasses the desire to tackle and play inspired. Wasn't trying to ignore the obvious. Was trying to emphasize there needs to be a change in the mindset of our defense. It's not like these guys never learned how to tackle but somehow magically made their way onto an NFL roster. You can scheme up all day long, but if your players don't care then it's a moot point.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
It looks to me like the message on defense has just gotten old and guys aren’t being held to any standards

They’ll blow it all up in the offseason
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:23 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i hope he stayed in seattle.
I hope he fucking dies.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:23 AM 12-24-2018
sO Fire Bob Sutton? How is that man still fucking employed
[Reply]
Red Dawg2 09:25 AM 12-24-2018
There really is nothing more to say. Sutton can't return in 19, it's very clear and no way Andy can't see that. Fan bas is fed up with him and so is thenmedia. The worst part is the Veach moves have been failures and the defense you would think should get better as the season goes on but it hasn't. The staff should all be fired.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:46 AM 12-24-2018
He needs to be fired today.

Can not call a game
Can not deploy properly
Can not motivate
[Reply]
Pushead2 09:52 AM 12-24-2018
Serious question, has anyone in the KC media just come out and say:

"It seems like the defense isn't working. At what point will changes be made in regards to the coaching staff?"

The only time that I thoroughly enjoy the NYC media. They never hold back.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 298
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Up