ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 300
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
DJay23 08:03 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's true. And UH is very tough at home. I'll be at the game. UH has a lot of respect for KU and so do the fans. We know what a stellar program KU Basketball is. Should be a good one!
Well when you rush the court after beating us, can you make sure to stay away from McCullar? We need him to get as healthy as possible.
[Reply]
TEX 08:43 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Well when you rush the court after beating us, can you make sure to stay away from McCullar? We need him to get as healthy as possible.
To my knowledge, UH has never rushed the court, and has been in some pretty big games throughout the years. If they beat KU at home, nobody is rushing the court. They expect to win. If they play well, they should win. But it wont be easy. KU has a size advantage. Hopefully the UH Guard play can offset that. Im hoping both teams play well and it's one hell of a game!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 AM 03-03-2024
One of the worst Self coached teams I've seen in awhile. Why is our bench so bad?

Self can recruit. Kansas is a desirable location. Does he work these elite players too hard compared to other elite teams?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:09 AM 03-03-2024
To my knowledge, UH has never rushed the court, and has been in some pretty big games throughout the years. If they beat KU at home, nobody is rushing the court. They expect to win. If they play well, they should win. But it wont be easy. KU has a size advantage. Hopefully the UH Guard play can offset that. Im hoping both teams play well and it's one hell of a game!
UH is going to absolutely destroy Kansas in Houston. I don't know why you think KU is a tough matchup for Houston. It's the opposite.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:46 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
One of the worst Self coached teams I've seen in awhile. Why is our bench so bad?

Self can recruit. Kansas is a desirable location. Does he work these elite players too hard compared to other elite teams?
Because we have less scholarships available than usual, because of Timberlake being the worst player in D1, and because our other major transfer was a rapist.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:10 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Because we have less scholarships available than usual, because of Timberlake being the worst player in D1, and because our other major transfer was a rapist.
Quite frankly we lucked out to get Furphy as well. There are only a handful of places he could have even gone that late into the process where they had an open scholly.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 02:19 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Quite frankly we lucked out to get Furphy as well. There are only a handful of places he could have even gone that late into the process where they had an open scholly.
Furphy is a result of what our underlying problems are with roster construction. It's extremely unusual for a high level program to have not one, not two, but 3 starter spots taken for 2+ years that command 30 minutes a game with no chance of someone surpassing them for playing time. We only got Furphy because two recruits left after realising they were not going to play at all as freshman, and very well might not for the following year too. Our two backup centers left because they know they weren't going to play at all for this year and maybe not next year too if Hunter returns. So we got stuck with Braun, who shouldn't be more than a walk on, because literally no one else wants to just sit the bench with maybe an opportunity for 5 minutes a game. I'd bet we probably land Mgbako over Indiana if he thought there was any chance self would play him over KJ, but he obviously won't even though he's probably better than KJ.

We are going to have this problem next year if Hunter returns. Are we really sure our 5 star center is going to stay committed if he knows KJ/Hunter are going to play 30+ minutes every game? Harris has nowhere else to go so he's probably locked in for 30 minutes himself. If Furphy comes back we again have exactly one starting spot. Add in probably adding another transfer guard and guess what is going to happen? There is virtually no chance our two incoming guards + Jackson + McDowell stay. Obviously it would be great if they did, but with the portal the way that it is, guys just don't want to wait until they are juniors to get any playing time. So chances are we are going to be looking at a short bench again and it won't have anything to do with scholarship restrictions, it has everything to do with a starting 5 that offers little hope of playing time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:17 PM 03-03-2024
I can't see much reason Dickinson wouldn't return. And we'll obviously take him if he does decide that.

Decent chance Bidunga recommits elsewhere when that happens.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:39 AM 03-05-2024
we aren't going to have to play on Wednesday, are we?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:07 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
we aren't going to have to play on Wednesday, are we?
Almost certainly will be if we lose to Houston (and we will). Very little chance for a top 4 seed after that.
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:04 PM 03-05-2024
Almost certainly will be if we lose to Houston (and we will). Very little chance for a top 4 seed after that.
bodes well for those with extra tickets to have KU play four straight days :-)
[Reply]
DJay23 01:58 PM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't know about "Worst Self coached team."

We are too easy to prepare for. Sag off of the 3 point line on Hunter and keep a body on KJ. There's not much Self can do to counter that with what he has.

Worst constructed teams? Worst luck with new players? Yeah I buy those.
[Reply]
TEX 03:41 PM 03-05-2024
Before the OU game, I thought there was a good chance of that. UH lost another good player for the year due to injury. They have been playong ok without Arcenaux and Walker, but now Tuggler is out for the year also. Big loss for a team that lacks size. It will affect UH going forward. UH used to be pretty deep, which really helped when they subbed, but now the bench is paper thin and they do not have a lot of time to work through it. Unless someone steps up, they might not make it to the Sweet 16. If I'm Self, I feed Dickinson all night and play inside out. Do that, and KU has a good shot. They're a terrible match-up for UH who has even less size now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:47 PM 03-05-2024
Before the OU game, I thought there was a good chance of that. UH lost another good player for the year due to injury. They have been playong ok without Arcenaux and Walker, but now Tuggler is out for the year also. Big loss for a team that lacks size. It will affect UH going forward. UH used to be pretty deep, which really helped when they subbed, but now the bench is paper thin and they do not have a lot of time to work through it. Unless someone steps up, they might not make it to the Sweet 16. If I'm Self, I feed Dickinson all night and play inside out. Do that, and KU has a good shot. They're a terrible match-up for UH who has even less size now.
Houston will win by 10-20 points. Fully expect a large serving of the bench lineup again for KU in a game they have nothing to play for.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:34 PM 03-05-2024
You know your fanbase is a little spoiled when your team has the best set of wins in the nation, despite their best player being injured for a month, and all anyone will talk about is how shitty and disappointing they are.
[Reply]
Page 231 of 300
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Up