ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 288
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm not sure what you mean at all. This is a regular ass old slip screen.

I think he means how timed up it had to be.

Mahomes puts Gordon into motion and then has to get the ball snapped and out in time to make sure Gordon has cleared Bell (who's going to seal the edge) but quickly enough that it's in Gordon's hands before Bell hits the block and an OPI.

Those plays are a little harder than they look because the timing has to be super-precise. And sending Gordon in motion to get him moving before the snap and into position for that sort of tunnel screen look was pretty clever and not something I recall seeing us do often.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 12-13-2021
No one else in the NFL does this.

[Reply]
Cheater5 04:37 PM 12-13-2021
I saw that Herbert tossed a pretty sweet 63 yard— in the air— TD yesterday. Wonder how far that one to Tyreek went?
[Reply]
Pablo 08:23 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I saw that Herbert tossed a pretty sweet 63 yard— in the air— TD yesterday. Wonder how far that one to Tyreek went?
Gonna guess 55 or so. Rolling away. Insane
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:41 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Gonna guess 55 or so. Rolling away. Insane
Outside the pocket he's vintage, but for various reasons that that has been discussed he has been inconsistent with the same improvised passes with no footwork in the pocket.

Patrick needs to be more polished/efficient from now on in the pocket.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:05 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This one was one of those really difficult plays that he made look easy:

I distinctly remember watching that play and thinking "uh on - there's nobody open..."

Oakland had defended it well and then Mahomes just threw it where he knew Hill was headed and Hill broke into space right before the ball got there. It looked like an easy pitch and catch but before that ball was out, it looked bottled up.
And a second later there are 4 Raiders there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And a second later there are 4 Raiders there.
Plays like that are why getting WASP on tape even a single time is so important and why the idea of a 'fix' to the Chiefs offense is so absurd.

Look at that poor safety. He's playing that like Hill's about to hit plant his foot and rip a corner route out of that cut. He gets turned around twice and the next thing he knows Hill's stopped dead and converted a 3rd and long.

Reid builds on everything he does. The moment teams start to address what the Chiefs do, Reid will just build on that and do something else. Without seeing tape of Hill victimizing teams on the corner (or even Pringle not long ago), they're going to sit on that curl/stop he ran.

But they just have to be prepared for anything.

Which is why if this team executes, it just cannot be stopped. There's no secret defense - it's just teams making the Chiefs execute 10 times to score and far too often this year they haven't been up to the task. They're hoping the Chiefs cut their own throats and all too often they are willing to oblige.

But if this team just makes the plays in front of them, Andy will put them in a position to succeed and they'll pour on the points.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 PM 12-13-2021
Smartest post of 2021.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 PM 12-13-2021
I did enjoy talking to the fans around me about the 2-high shells.

"Why aren't the Raiders running a 2-high like everyone else? Mahomes will pick apart these Single High looks..."

"Because one of the safeties in a 2-high look for the Raiders would be Jonathan Abram, so they're essentially playing a LB out there anyway...."

The Raiders match up sooooooo poooooorly against this offense. Yeah, playing 2-high is probably the safest way to approach the Chiefs and hope they screw up before they score. But if your 2-high look means Jonathan Abram is out there in space, you might as well play a 46 coverage and send pressure because Abram can't cover shit anyway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM 12-13-2021
Interestingly enough the Raiders biggest problem wasn’t big plays. It was red zone defense.

We did whatever we pleased down there. In fact I can’t remember the last time we run blocked so well inside the 10.

It’s all coming together.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Interestingly enough the Raiders biggest problem wasn’t big plays. It was red zone defense.

We did whatever we pleased down there. In fact I can’t remember the last time we run blocked so well inside the 10.

It’s all coming together.
And that POS worthless waste of a RB that should be 3rd string behind a couple of UDFA pickups had two DAMN nice carries inside the 10. Both of those were hard, physical runs that required patience, vision and contact balance.

But hey, Gore broke one after the Raiders had given up so yeah - clearly needs to be the starter for our new run first power running game...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 PM 12-13-2021
Call me when he’s 2nd on the team in TDs :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:12 PM 12-13-2021
And that POS worthless waste of a RB that should be 3rd string behind a couple of UDFA pickups had two DAMN nice carries inside the 10. Both of those were hard, physical runs that required patience, vision and contact balance.

But hey, Gore broke one after the Raiders had given up so yeah - clearly needs to be the starter for our new run first power running game...
https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341235

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340570

LOL, get back to the pure AWESOME of Mahomes and save your complaining for 2 threads that are pertinent for this.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:32 PM 12-13-2021

LOL. I didn’t read those threads but good to know they’re not satire. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 AM 12-17-2021
Goodnight friends. :-)

[Reply]
Page 231 of 288
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Up