ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 23 of 114
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:17 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The last lease extension/renovation vote failed the first time, too.

I know people around here (not you particularly) love to predict doom and gloom, but the Royals and Chiefs aren't moving to another city tomorrow if it doesn't pass.... they can submit another proposal or work with another county.

It's seven ****ing years away.
Maybe some of the sorry ass no voters will die off or move out. Fucking pathetic ass Jackson county fighting against keeping the two teams in the city.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:18 PM 04-02-2024
KC tenants can fuck right off.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:19 PM 04-02-2024
Chiefs give us a dynasty and what do the citizens say? Fuck off and fuck the stadium we own.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:19 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Maybe some of the sorry ass no voters will die off or move out. Fucking pathetic ass Jackson county fighting against keeping the two teams in the city.

Aren't you the resident old fuck?
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:19 PM 04-02-2024
The last lease extension/renovation vote failed the first time, too.

I know people around here (not you particularly) love to predict doom and gloom, but the Royals and Chiefs aren't moving to another city tomorrow if it doesn't pass.... they can submit another proposal or work with another county.

It's seven ****ing years away.
This is all true. I will not predict doom and gloom, but it will be troubling sign if it fails.

I would just assume to put this thing to bed and focus on winning Super Bowls. The Royals are putting in a billion dollars, so while the plan is far from perfect, I think it is reasonable.

Do we really want KC to miss out on a Taylor Swift billion dollar tour seven years from now? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 07:20 PM 04-02-2024
Chiefs give us a dynasty and what do the citizens say? Fuck off and fuck the stadium we own.
These are the early votes spaz. Ever watched an election unfold? There’s plenty of time for this to pass and KC to ascend to St Louis/Chicago/Minneapolis status!

Because those cities = good
Tulsa = bad
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:20 PM 04-02-2024
End of the day though, I'd probably vote yes if I lived there.... because it guarantees the Chiefs will be in KC until Mahomes retires.

Sure... a modern day baseball stadium won't fit in the proposed site, much less the baseball village thing.

Sure... the Chiefs are using millions of dollars to upgrade a walking bridge and tear out a bunch of prime lower level seats so they can make even more money.

Sure... the Royals have been a trash franchise for all but 2 years in the past 30+.

Sure... these assholes are probably bluffing and would come back with a far better plan in a couple years.

....buuuut..... Mahomes? Hell, I'd write him a check for $200/year until he retires with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:21 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
This is all true. I will not predict doom and gloom, but it will be troubling sign if it fails.

I would just assume to put this thing to bed and focus on winning Super Bowls. The Royals are putting in a billion dollars, so while the plan is far from perfect, I think it is reasonable.

Do we really want KC to miss out on a Taylor Swift billion dollar tour seven years from now? :-)
Apparently so. Because of a shitty little tax that barely anyone ever talked about. Stupid ass people
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:21 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
KC didn't become a big city because of sports lol infact during most of the time the sports teams were here the city shrunk in population
Perception is reality most of the time. Take away the Chiefs and the Royals, and KC is viewed as a fly-over town like Des Moines, Omaha and Little Rock. No denying that.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:22 PM 04-02-2024
But but but what will people who don’t live here think about us???
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:22 PM 04-02-2024
End of the day though, I'd probably vote yes if I lived there.... because it guarantees the Chiefs will be in KC until Mahomes retires.

Sure... a modern day baseball stadium won't fit in the proposed site, much less the baseball village thing.

Sure... the Chiefs are using millions of dollars to upgrade a walking bridge and tear out a bunch of prime lower level seats so they can make even more money.

Sure... the Royals have been a trash franchise for all but 2 years in the past 30+.

Sure... these assholes are probably bluffing and would come back with a far better plan in a couple years.

....buuuut..... Mahomes? Hell, I'd write him a check for $200/year until he retires with the Chiefs.
There's a chance he retires before the renovations. 2031 puts him at what? Year 14?
[Reply]
Fish 07:23 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I’ve seen the “studies” that state this and the numbers are flawed. There’s a reason cities fall all over themselves to bring in pro sports teams and it isn’t because they lose money on it.
Here's a metastudy looking at 130 individual studies of the subject spanning over 30 years. The conclusion is overwhelming.

What exactly about the numbers is flawed?

Originally Posted by :
The Impact of Professional Sports Franchises and Venues on Local Economies

Abstract
Local governments routinely subsidize sports stadiums and arenas using the justification that hosting professional franchises produces economic development and social benefits in the community. The prevalence of venue subsidies generated an extensive and vibrant research literature, which spans over 30 years and includes more than 130 studies. We chronicle this body of research from early studies of tangible economic impacts in metropolitan areas, using basic empirical methods, through recent analyses that focus on sub-local and non-pecuniary effects and employ more sophisticated empirical methods. Though findings have become more nuanced, recent analyses continue to confirm the decades-old consensus of very limited economic impacts of professional sports teams and stadiums. Even with added non-pecuniary social benefits from quality-of-life externalities and civic pride, welfare improvements from hosting teams tend to fall well short of covering public outlays. Thus, the large subsidies commonly devoted to constructing professional sports venues are not justified as worthwhile public investments. We also investigate the paradox of local governments continuing to subsidize sports facilities despite overwhelming evidence of their economic impotence. Our analysis informs academic researchers and policymakers to motivate future studies and promote sound policy decisions guided by relevant research findings.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=4022547

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:23 PM 04-02-2024
Perception is reality most of the time. Take away the Chiefs and the Royals, and KC is viewed as a fly-over town like Des Moines, Omaha and Little Rock. No denying that.
Omaha & Little Rock have a higher growth rate than KC

* So does Des Moines
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:24 PM 04-02-2024
Sure the hell will be due to a bunch of sorry ass tightwads.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:24 PM 04-02-2024
The State of Missouri hates success.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 114
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up