ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 52
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
J Diddy 05:35 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Fantasy football ruined people's perspective...and Madden
and it is for this reason that I play neither anymore. I just maestrobate to Chiefs football hype videos and pron.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:38 AM 03-15-2024
1-year, $7 million???

We are winning 3 Super Bowls in a row.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:45 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Why do people care about numbers so much. Hollywood's biggest impact will be the space he creates for Rice and Kelce. But I ain't talking about no MVS decoy. He'll still produce too, but I bet people end up being "disappointed" in Brown while not realizing he'll be a big part of returning us to the best offense in the league.
I don’t know that people will be disappointed. I do think we have to temper expectations somewhat. Realistically you’ll see lower target shares and catch rate %. Disappearing in stretches. That goes with the territory of a weapon like this and as you said we have to recognize that this boom/bust role can help us even during the lulls. But I think his versatility to do some short stuff will immediately set him apart from Mvs and fans will grow to like him right away

I keep thinking of cooks as an example. Dude had a solidly productive year last year but a gambler or fantasy guy might complain about the times he finished games with 3 catches for 20 yards.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 05:48 AM 03-15-2024
Can we still keep Sneed?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:49 AM 03-15-2024
Great signing! The league is in deep shit again this year
May as well engrave the Lombardi now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:50 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t know that people will be disappointed. I do think we have to temper expectations somewhat. Realistically you’ll see lower target shares and catch rate %. Disappearing in stretches. That goes with the territory of a weapon like this and as you said we have to recognize that this boom/bust role can help us even during the lulls. But I think his versatility to do some short stuff will immediately set him apart from Mvs and fans will grow to like him right away

I keep thinking of cooks as an example. Dude had a solidly productive year last year but a gambler or fantasy guy might complain about the times he finished games with 3 catches for 20 yards.
Hollywood's presence opens up the full field.

There's a dipshit here on the board that loves to talk about 'decoy' as a negative, but the reality is that Brown forces a defense to respect and fear the full length of the field, which makes bigger holes for Kelce and Rice.

If you focus on stopping Kelce and Rice, Brown will eat you alive. If you sit back in two deep, Kelce and Rice will eat you alive. Few teams will have the secondary talent to stop all three.

But there will be slow games for each of the three, just depending on what the defense chose to focus on week to week.
[Reply]
threebag 05:52 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Man if you extend Sneed, you’re bringing basically the whole defense back and all the coaches. Like they’ll probably be top 5-6 without blinking.

And you’re only gonna improve on offense. Teams gonna be touuuuuugh.
I hope they fuck everyone up on the way to an undefeated three peat
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 AM 03-15-2024
:-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:13 AM 03-15-2024
Following a hail storm what an entrance
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:17 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Hollywood's presence opens up the full field.

There's a dipshit here on the board that loves to talk about 'decoy' as a negative, but the reality is that Brown forces a defense to respect and fear the full length of the field, which makes bigger holes for Kelce and Rice.

If you focus on stopping Kelce and Rice, Brown will eat you alive. If you sit back in two deep, Kelce and Rice will eat you alive. Few teams will have the secondary talent to stop all three.

But there will be slow games for each of the three, just depending on what the defense chose to focus on week to week.
There’s definitely value in the decoy thing. Mvs did fine at least in year 1. But I don’t know he brought much value outside of that. We tried getting him going on catch and run, jet sweeps, etc… so I love the idea of having a clear out guy who can also contrivute outside of the 1-2 deep targets Mvs would get per game. I think you’ll see Hollywood get a much higher target share than Mvs. The catch % may not always been pretty since we’re so used to efficiency at this point. But it’s well worth what it opens up for the offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:19 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There’s definitely value in the decoy thing. Mvs did fine at least in year 1. But I don’t know he brought much value outside of that. We tried getting him going on catch and run, jet sweeps, etc… so I love the idea of having a clear out guy who can also contrivute outside of the 1-2 deep targets Mvs would get per game. I think you’ll see Hollywood get a much higher target share than Mvs. The catch % may not always been pretty since we’re so used to efficiency at this point. But it’s well worth what it opens up for the offense.
Oh, I agree. Hollywood is a significant upgrade. Overall, I expect it to show up on the stat sheet, but week to week it may vary.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:23 AM 03-15-2024
Oh, I agree. Hollywood is a significant upgrade. Overall, I expect it to show up on the stat sheet, but week to week it may vary.
Hollywood is going to get his touches. He didn't sign a 1 year prove it deal to be a decoy. He's capable of being a number 1 receiver, and I suspect Reid will regard him as such.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:27 AM 03-15-2024
This is AWESOME! Love the signing! :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:34 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Hollywood is going to get his touches. He didn't sign a 1 year prove it deal to be a decoy. He's capable of being a number 1 receiver, and I suspect Reid will regard him as such.
It's certainly possible, but I'd be surprised if he ends the season first in receptions on the team.

I expect he'll be third behind Rice and Kelce.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:38 AM 03-15-2024
It's certainly possible, but I'd be surprised if he ends the season first in receptions on the team.

I expect he'll be third behind Rice and Kelce.
He won't out-touch kelce for sure. I think perhaps Brown and Rice will get close to the same number of receptions. Either way, this offense is going to take off into another stratosphere and I can't wait.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 52
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up