ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Donger 04:34 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Exactly again, my point was to the people who think eventually Covid won’t be a thing, and it’s going away forever once vaccinations are done. No, it’s here forever and you will get it 1 day if you’re normal and go outside into society. Just as you said the point and goal of vaccinations is so that once you do get Covid it’s not as severe as it is now.
We managed to eradicate smallpox with vaccinations, and the efficacy of that vaccine is the same as the mRNA vaccines.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:59 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Exactly again, my point was to the people who think eventually Covid won’t be a thing, and it’s going away forever once vaccinations are done. No, it’s here forever and you will get it 1 day if you’re normal and go outside into society. Just as you said the point and goal of vaccinations is so that once you do get Covid it’s not as severe as it is now.
Oh I agree there. We'll have to get a Covid vaccine every year or every other year for the rest of our lives. Not really a big deal.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 04:59 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
We managed to eradicate smallpox with vaccinations, and the efficacy of that vaccine is the same as the mRNA vaccines.
Lmao comparing small pox and Covid. The two are incomparable especially when small pox could not restart like Covid since there was no animal or natural environment reservoir like there is with Covid....

This has been discussed and experts have already said they think it may not be technically feasible to eradicate Covid.

Again, Covid isn’t going anywhere. Get the vaccine and hope your symptoms are non existent and your immunity system learns how to fight it for future mutations of the disease..
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:01 PM 04-08-2021
Nobody has died from taking one of these vaccines, you fucking numbskulls.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:13 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nobody has died from taking one of these vaccines, you ****ing numbskulls.
With tens of millions of people getting the vaccine. Any person that dies in the following months after getting the vaccine, antivaxxers cite as people dying from the vaccine.

But actually the vaccine has produced some deaths as the main culprit, but it is nowhere near an alarming amount and has been way more common on super old people.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:44 PM 04-08-2021

The CDC acknowledged this week that the risk of getting the coronavirus from surfaces is low. "There’s really no evidence that anyone has ever gotten Covid-19 by touching a contaminated surface," said an expert on airborne viruses. https://t.co/faxXNgRO9J

— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 8, 2021

All that cleanliness for nothing!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

All that cleanliness for nothing!
Wasn’t that something that was put out about 6 months ago? Or is this the CDC making it official.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:55 PM 04-08-2021
I'm really confused why so many people think that getting this injection is "the right thing to do" and that people who refuse are bad humans.

This is a rushed, non-FDA approved vaccine for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate. Being hesitant, or even flat-out not wanting it at all is PERFECTLY reasonable. If you believe otherwise you're a media-brainwashed butt****ing moron.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:05 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine someone being scared of getting vaccinated.
I can’t imagine someone wanting to dictate someone else’s healthcare to them.

I mean, do we not live in America?

Crazy shit.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:05 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Please, we're all waiting with bated breath
This one time I read a very compelling argument here on CP and it completely changed my mind.

JK that didn’t happen.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:14 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nobody has died from taking one of these vaccines, you ****ing numbskulls.
If I were Donger I would be posting “Wrong” right now.

Because Donger is Donger he isn’t posting “Wrong” right now.
[Reply]
Donger 07:49 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If I were Donger I would be posting “Wrong” right now.

Because Donger is Donger he isn’t posting “Wrong” right now.
Huh? He's not wrong at all:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

Over 167 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 5, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 2,794 reports of death (0.00167%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:10 PM 04-08-2021
CDC is hot garbage.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:11 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You old ****s freak out this much when seatbelts were made mandatory?
Yes, I remember some good freak outs with mandatory seat belt laws.

One of the more nuanced arguments was that if your car wrecked and caught on fire: having to unbuckle your seat belt would slow you down as you tried to exit your car.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:32 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yes, I remember some good freak outs with mandatory seat belt laws.

One of the more nuanced arguments was that if your car wrecked and caught on fire: having to unbuckle your seat belt would slow you down as you tried to exit your car.
Pretty much all the arguments I saw were along the lines of this:

[Reply]
Page 23 of 28
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up