ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 62
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:42 AM 12-14-2020
The fact that we're calling a 380 yard, 2 td, 3 int game that the team won "bad" shows how Mahomes can be a victim of his own success. He makes routine (for him) throws on a weekly basis that would be highlights for most quarterbacks that have *ever* played, not just the ones on the field now. I've said this before but t's going to be difficult for him to get another MVP unless he's so statistically far ahead of the rest that the league has no choice. And that may not ever happen again. Posting numbers similar to or even a little better than other qb's, like Rodgers this year, looks more like he's a little off his game, because the bar he set for himself is 50/5000. He's expected to be special, so having "one of the best" years just isn't enough.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:11 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The fact that we're calling a 380 yard, 2 td, 3 int game that the team won "bad" shows how Mahomes can be a victim of his own success. He makes routine (for him) throws on a weekly basis that would be highlights for most quarterbacks that have *ever* played, not just the ones on the field now. I've said this before but t's going to be difficult for him to get another MVP unless he's so statistically far ahead of the rest that the league has no choice. And that may not ever happen again. Posting numbers similar to or even a little better than other qb's, like Rodgers this year, looks more like he's a little off his game, because the bar he set for himself is 50/5000. He's expected to be special, so having "one of the best" years just isn't enough.
In fairness to Rodgers, he also does some ridiculous things. I don't have too much issue with him winning it if that's how it shakes out.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 03:25 AM 12-14-2020
I don't care if Mahomes had thrown 4 interceptions and took a 40 years sack. Why not? 9 reasons:

Damon Huard.
Tyler Thigpen.
Matt Cassel.
Brodie Croyle.
Kyle Orton.
Bady Quinn.
Tyler Palko.
Chase Daniel.
Nick Foles.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 06:07 AM 12-14-2020
Mahomes is still the MVP favorite according to the betting lines. Rodgers gained a lot of ground, but if both of them have normal games for the last 3 weeks then Mahomes will probably win.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:38 AM 12-14-2020
Rodgers has been feasting on BAD teams all year. The guy has played THREE teams who have winning records right now!!..THREE FFS. Indy, Saints and Tampa...and he lost two of those. The other teams he's faced are Lions twice, San Fran who had their whole team out injured, Jags, Texans, Vikings, Bears etc..just average to poor teams.

Meanwhile Pat has faced Bills, Ravens, Miami, Tampa, Raiders etc. Yes he's faced some weak teams too but Denver, Patriots and Chargers all have decent defenses and have won four or more games at least.

Rodgers's nightmare at Tampa should never be forgotten. Pat was a mixed bag yesterday but still won and put up yards and td's. Rodgers folded in Tampa and also had a very poor game against the Jags that folks swept under the carpet.
[Reply]
NEOM 06:40 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Posts like these are the reason why many people or football fans from other franchises want Mahomes to fail.

There are other QBs in the league who have done special stuff on the field, e.g. Rodgers frequently over his career showed his incredible skill-set, there is a reason why many call him the greatest QB (not the accomplished) from a talent / skill perspective.

It is unfortunate for him that Green Bay never really surrounded with massive talent or drafted properly. With such a talent / skill set, Rodgers deserves at least 2-3 Super Bowl rings. Sticking with McCarthy for too long was also a massive mistake.

As he said, down years for him are career highs for other QBs, same can be said about Mahomes.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:30 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Posts like these are the reason why many people or football fans from other franchises want Mahomes to fail.

There are other QBs in the league who have done special stuff on the field, e.g. Rodgers frequently over his career showed his incredible skill-set, there is a reason why many call him the greatest QB (not the accomplished) from a talent / skill perspective.

It is unfortunate for him that Green Bay never really surrounded with massive talent or drafted properly. With such a talent / skill set, Rodgers deserves at least 2-3 Super Bowl rings. Sticking with McCarthy for too long was also a massive mistake.

As he said, down years for him are career highs for other QBs, same can be said about Mahomes.

Rodgers doesn’t deserve more Super Bowls because he sucks when things aren’t going great in a game and he is not a very good come from behind QB, especially late in games.
[Reply]
NEOM 07:36 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Rodgers doesn’t deserve more Super Bowls because he sucks when things aren’t going great in a game and he is not a very good come from behind QB, especially late in games.
We are spoiled because we have the perfect set up, perfect coach, Mahomes, skill players on offensive side.

Dont think that Rodgers during his time had such a set up.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:21 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Rodgers has been feasting on BAD teams all year. The guy has played THREE teams who have winning records right now!!..THREE FFS. Indy, Saints and Tampa...and he lost two of those. The other teams he's faced are Lions twice, San Fran who had their whole team out injured, Jags, Texans, Vikings, Bears etc..just average to poor teams.

Meanwhile Pat has faced Bills, Ravens, Miami, Tampa, Raiders etc. Yes he's faced some weak teams too but Denver, Patriots and Chargers all have decent defenses and have won four or more games at least.

Rodgers's nightmare at Tampa should never be forgotten. Pat was a mixed bag yesterday but still won and put up yards and td's. Rodgers folded in Tampa and also had a very poor game against the Jags that folks swept under the carpet.
People have short memories. Rodgers' performance (and his teammates' performance) against Tampa was a pretty epic dumpster fire. But it happened early in the season. Things are setting up very well now for Rodgers to get the regular season MVP. But I hope Mahomes will use it as motivation and show everyone who the real MVP is in the playoffs. He did it last year, I think he can do it again.
[Reply]
NEOM 10:45 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
People have short memories. Rodgers' performance (and his teammates' performance) against Tampa was a pretty epic dumpster fire. But it happened early in the season. Things are setting up very well now for Rodgers to get the regular season MVP. But I hope Mahomes will use it as motivation and show everyone who the real MVP is in the playoffs. He did it last year, I think he can do it again.
Mahomes will win at least 3 MVPs going forward, he's just 25 years old, he has at least 10 years left to play football on high level, unless something bad happens (injury). His goal should be to win as many Super Bowls in the next 5 years as possible with the current set up at KC.

Pretty sure Rodgers would trade this/his MVP award for another Super Bowl ring.
[Reply]
WarChiefs89 10:56 AM 12-14-2020
I agree with the consensus... I think it's mainly a 2 horse race with about 3-4 others needing a massive finish to the season to even be on the same level.

1a) Mahomes: 4208 yards, 33 TD, 5 int, 68.4% comp, 250 rushing yards and 2 Td's
1b) Rodgers: 3685 yards, 39 TD, 4 int, 69.6% comp, 100 rushing yards and 2 Td's

The others:
Wilson: 3685 yards, 36 TD's, 12 int, 70.4% comp, 423 rushing yards & 1 TD's
Watson: 3761 yards, 25 TD's, 6 int, 68.9% comp, 369 rushing yards & 3 TD's
Kelce: 90 catches, 1250 yards, 9 tds
Henry:1532 yards (shot at 2k for the season), 14tds

If I were a voter the above would be how I would vote today.

Kelce has a chance to get to 3rd if he shatters the TE receiving records by year-end. I think you have to break records as a skill position to be really considered.

I think Henry will sneak up on people and get a few votes. He needs 156 ypg to get to 2k. Would be the 7th player ever to get there. And he has the Lions and Texans still left.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:59 AM 12-14-2020
Mahomes-Rodgers overall stats are relatively comparable, so it comes down to...

The Chiefs are 12-1, Green Bay is 10-3 and Aaron Rodgers has had a legitimately terrible game this season (vs Tampa, when he threw for only 160 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs).

Mahomes "worst" game of the season was yesterday and he still had 2 TD's, almost 400 yards passing and beat a playoff caliber team on the road.

That's why Mahomes should still be the MVP leader IMO.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:20 AM 12-14-2020
Holy Shit

Colin Cowherd just dropped a 3 minute piece on why Aaron Rodgers is the MVP

"Mahomes benefits from Andy and all the weapons around him blah blah blah"

these media folks are such faggots it's unreal
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:24 AM 12-14-2020
Still the heavy favorite, and he'll lock it up next week beating the Saints on the road. Resumes:

Pat has ROAD wins over the Bills, Bucs, Ravens, Dolphins. A fluke loss too, OK.

Rodgers has a nice road win over the Saints. Cool. List of other good wins:

Losses? Tampa 38-10 (:-)). Vikings. Colts.
[Reply]
WarChiefs89 11:27 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Holy Shit

Colin Cowherd just dropped a 3 minute piece on why Aaron Rodgers is the MVP

"Mahomes benefits from Andy and all the weapons around him blah blah blah"

these media folks are such bundle of stickss it's unreal
It amazes me how little respect Rodgers weapons and Off staff get. I mean they have a great offensive coach in LaFleur. Since he has been there they scheme up tons of quick open passes for Rodgers. Also they have a top-3 WR in Adams, a top-3 pass catching RB in Jones, and a top-5 Oline to protect Rodgers. Sure there #2, #3 weapons aren't what the Chiefs have. But it's not like its what Deshaun Watson is dealing with in Houston. They have weapons and a staff in place that benefits Rodgers
[Reply]
Page 23 of 62
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up