ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:34 AM 11-23-2020
Our D has become soft. I think they are complacent anytime our Offense is balling, because they think Mahomes will just bail them out.

If we ever play the Titans, it's going to be scary because that team has an attitude that will put our Defense in the dirt.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you ditch him who are you starting because then it's Robinson who's also a FA and then Hardman and this team has shown no desire to start Hardman..if we end up in a spot where it's Hill, Pringle and Hardman that is a serious downgrade.
Would be nice to find a hidden gem like LV got with Nelson Agholor who's making almost nothing.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:40 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well there's a lot of hyperbole.

There's reason for concern; and I'm concerned.

Jones and Clark have a tendency to disappear for stretches of a season, and that's concerning.

Sorensen and Niemann are targeted by opposing offenses, and that's concerning. Bad tackling especially by those two, as well as being complete liabilities in coverage is concerning.

Will they get it together like last year? I hope so. I don't see how Sorensen and Niemann are suddenly going to get better though. It seems they are who they are. Somebody on the roster is going to have to step up and take their snaps.

Willie Gay in for Niemann? I really hope so.

There appears to be nobody to replace Sorensen, who was personally responsible for like 100 of the Raiders yards. (Unscientifically, but I doubt that's an exaggeration.)

So I don't know. I THINK maybe it's time to rotate Saunders in against teams that don't possess top flight running games; I think he gives you a little pass rush that Pennel doesn't although Pennel is a run stuffing beast. Maybe we need to simplify some coverages in order to get the best athletes on the field.

Maybe with Baker coming in you could play more man. The back 7 is just not playing fast right now, especially in the middle of the field. A lot of blown coverages, and a lot of being a step too late.

The pass rush is really the most concerning factor. I get that the Raiders have a great line, but it didn't look great against the Panthers either, and they do not.

So, I'm concerned, but I'm not panicked. Know what I mean?
Good post, as all that did happen last night. But i'll be curious to see if their play last night becomes more of a pattern rather than situational instances.

The game plan seemed to put Sorenson in a lot of man coverage against Waller. That's a huge mismatch in favor of the Raiders. He's going to look bad there. We don't have anyone, really, who matches up against Waller right now. And i think that's a huge reason the Raiders offense has so much success.

The D held up against the run pretty well, so that's a positive.

My main concerns are, as you said, the pass rush. Frank Clark isn't getting home. Jones is busting through pretty consistently but QB's are just able to drift into the voids where Chris Jones isn't.

HB seems to have lost a step. No ones said it much this season, but fuck it, i'll die on this hill. He's never been a fast guy and he looks a little slower this year. Makes me wonder how many years we have left with him.

And Thornhill being relegated to a "rotational guy" doesn't make me feel any better. Yeah, yeah, recovering from an injury. Still not a good sign no matter how you slice it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Our D has become soft. I think they are complacent anytime our Offense is balling, because they think Mahomes will just bail them out.

If we ever play the Titans, it's going to be scary because that team has an attitude that will put our Defense in the dirt.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 11-23-2020

Good God no. The Titans defense is TERRIBLE. The Chiefs would put 40+ on them.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:42 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's an Andy Reid thing and I'm guessing Spags is of the same school.

They obviously aren't seeing the things they want to see in practice. It's the only explanation for continuing to throw Sorenson, Niemann, and others out there.

Sometimes they're just too cautious about this stuff, I think.
It may have been a gameplan specific thing. Sorenson, despite being abused by Waller, may simply be better in man coverage (against TE's) and run support. They did try Thornhill in there i wanna say, mid 3rd or so after it was evident Sorenson wasn't up the task.

Thornhill got beat so bad off the line by Waller that i realized why Sorenson was in there in the 1st place.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You aren't replacing all those spots in 1 draft...that would require FA also.

Like it or not your best bet is to bring Sammy back for reasonable money and hope you can snatch a WR in round 2 or 3. Reid won't play a WR early starter snaps, he never does.
This is supposed to be another awesome deep WR class. We have Andy fucking Reid man. That guy always finds good offensive weapons.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Terry Mclaurin, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool

There’s going to be a guy there who can take over for Sammy. He also won’t have to worry about getting on the field early as he would be the 5th receiving option after Kelce, Hardman, Hill and CEH.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is supposed to be another awesome deep WR class. We have Andy fucking Reid man. That guy always finds good offensive weapons.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Terry Mclaurin, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool

There’s going to be a guy there who can take over for Sammy. He also won’t have to worry about getting on the field early as he would be the 5th receiving option after Kelce, Hardman, Hill and CEH.
This is true.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:45 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-) :-)
???

What is wrong with my statement?

Is our D looking tough?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 AM 11-23-2020
I wanted this team to draft Laviska Shenault cause well yea I realize the issue but we're gonna have some holes to deal with.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:45 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Good God no. The Titans defense is TERRIBLE. The Chiefs would put 40+ on them.
I'm talking about their offense destroying our defense.

Yes, I remember the results from last year... but I wouldn't want to be in the position again.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:46 AM 11-23-2020
I think we may just be over complicating it.

We don't have anyone to match up against an elite TE. That problem is exasperated when you also have an A o-line and a running game, and receivers with enough speed to require your safeties to play in deeper coverage.

But you know who else has that? The Bucs.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think we may just be over complicating it.

We don't have anyone to match up against an elite TE. That problem is exasperated when you also have an A o-line and a running game, and receivers with enough speed to require your safeties to play in deeper coverage.

But you know who else has that? The Bucs.
Their OL isn't that good...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 11-23-2020
I'm talking about their offense destroying our defense.

Yes, I remember the results from last year... but I wouldn't want to be in the position again.
The thing is, them pounding our defense is predicated on keeping the game close. They don't really have the defense to do that this year. It's really, really bad.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 11-23-2020
???

What is wrong with my statement?

Is our D looking tough?
This:

Originally Posted by :
The Titans are the same exact team from last year minus their 2 starting OT’s.

Not to mention their defense is fucking awful.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up