« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
backinblack 01:22 PM 10-28-2020
damn it'd be cool if they made a print edition of that

they have in the past, have a Tom Petty one that was put out sometime after his death.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:30 PM 10-28-2020
Pasadena is considering a statue
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:49 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
"Last" Guitar Superhero?

I don't think so myself but I'm not your average listener either.
There hasn't been a single new guitarist this millennia that's had even 1/100,000th the influence of Eddie Van Halen, whether it's musically or via the business side.

The only people that really care about guitarists and rock music in general are the generations of people that grew up with that music.

The ability to play guitar at an extremely high level has almost zero meaning the world over.

No one cares anymore.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:52 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There hasn't been a single new guitarist this millennia that's had even 1/100,000th the influence of Eddie Van Halen, whether it's musically or via the business side.

The only people that really care about guitarists and rock music in general are the generations of people that grew up with that music.

The ability to play guitar at an extremely high level has almost zero meaning the world over.

No one cares anymore.
Unfortunately this. The world changes. The world moves on....
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:55 PM 10-28-2020

No one cares anymore.
Like I said, I'm not the average listener. I actually agree with you. It's sad though because there's a lot of innovators even today the deserve recognition and don't get it because music just isn't what it used to be.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:59 PM 10-28-2020
Stumbled upon this from Rolling Stone earlier today

A long read full of much you might've already known, but much you probably didn't as well

Its nice to see them cover, you know... music once in a while

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ibute-1081034/
[Reply]
eDave 04:59 PM 10-28-2020
The dude used a power drill, man.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:01 PM 10-28-2020
Yep, all about DJs lately. So weird
[Reply]
eDave 05:06 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Unfortunately this. The world changes. The world moves on....
I actually don't like that people know I play. It's always been my own private thing until last year and it's now back to being a private thing.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The dude used a power drill, man.
Not really.

He wasn't using it to play, like Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert had done in Mr. Big a few years before the Unlawful album.

He used it as a sound effect.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:10 PM 10-28-2020
Not really.

He wasn't using it to play, like Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert had done in Mr. Big a few years before the Unlawful album.

Yep.
[Reply]
eDave 05:10 PM 10-28-2020
Not really.

I hated it. Shit gimmick.
[Reply]
eDave 05:11 PM 10-28-2020
Oh, and hey, fuck you guys. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:14 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said, I'm not the average listener. I actually agree with you. It's sad though because there's a lot of innovators even today the deserve recognition and don't get it because music just isn't what it used to be.
As I said back in 1997 on the old Star Board and on CP for years after we moved over here, illegal downloading and file sharing killed the music business.

Now, instead of putting together a band, writing songs and trying to get a record deal, the most talented musicians and composers are going to Berkelee School of Music, USC and UCLA Film School to have a career composing and producing music for Film & TV.

The smart guys, like Marc Ferrari, realized this early on and has earned more than $20 million from writing cues for TV shows. Some of us learned about this later on and still do extremely well.

It's just different because most people don't know where the music they hear on eleventy billion TV shows comes from, nor do they care.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:17 PM 10-28-2020
I read that Rolling Stone piece online earlier today. Worth it.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up