ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 70
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:59 PM 08-11-2016

[Reply]
kcfanXIII 10:51 AM 08-12-2016
That new trailer did its job. I was already excited for this movie. Now, I'm ready to freeze myself and risk waking to a world 1000 years in the future, where atheists are at war over what to call themselves... Just wake me when it comes out. This looks incredible, and exactly what Star Wars fans want. Female lead or not, this is going to kick so much ass.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:11 AM 08-12-2016
It was tough to hear Alan Tudyk as the voice of the droid. Nice job on his part as well as editors.

The ISD hovering over the city? zomg.

Original X-Wings rendered with 2016 SFX? I'm erect.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It was tough to hear Alan Tudyk as the voice of the droid. Nice job on his part as well as editors.
I heard his voice very clearly but what bothered me about it was that he sounds exactly the same as Sonny from I, Robot.

No difference in tonality, inflection or the modulation effect.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:21 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I heard his voice very clearly but what bothered me about it was that he sounds exactly the same as Sonny from I, Robot.

No difference in tonality, inflection or the modulation effect.
I mean to say had I not known it was Tudyk's voice I wouldn't have recognized it.

And I never saw I, Robot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:27 AM 08-12-2016
I mean to say had I not known it was Tudyk's voice I wouldn't have recognized it.

And I never saw I, Robot.
Ah.

While I, Robot certainly sparked debate among fans of the Asimov book (almost no similarity besides the title and the "3 Laws", which angered the die-hards), I enjoyed the film, mainly due to Tudyk's performance (and Will Smith is dialed back a bit more than usual, which is very welcome).

But yeah, his voice sounds identical.

That must have been a choice by KK and Edwards because it's unavoidable without massive changes in Post.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:29 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ah.

While I, Robot certainly sparked debate among fans of the Asimov book (almost no similarity besides the title and the "3 Laws", which angered the die-hards), I enjoyed the film, mainly due to Tudyk's performance (and Will Smith is dialed back a bit more than usual, which is very welcome).

But yeah, his voice sounds identical.

That must have been a choice by KK and Edwards because it's unavoidable without massive changes in Post.
Today I learned Alady Tudyk is typecast.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:19 PM 08-12-2016
Thanks for posting the trailer Dane. Much appreciated! :-)
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:06 PM 08-12-2016
Today I learned Alady Tudyk is typecast.

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:59 PM 08-12-2016
Why is the Death Star upside-down? I know that such an orientation isn't really a thing in space, but still looks strange.

[Reply]
cabletech94 07:03 PM 08-12-2016
Alan Tudyk could be cast as God, the devil, or eric hosmer, and i would still watch.

Wash 4ever!
[Reply]
Bowser 12:48 AM 08-13-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Why is the Death Star upside-down? I know that such an orientation isn't really a thing in space, but still looks strange.

Yeah I wondered that too. Maybe it's a shot from a ship approaching from the bottom? Otherwise everyone in that thing will be walking on the ceilings, and that trash compactor monster is going to be hella pissed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 AM 08-13-2016
Pablo Hidalgo of LucasFilm tweeted a pic of the space shuttle upside down, basically implying that it's just a shot.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:59 AM 08-13-2016
There's no "up" or "down" in space.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:07 AM 08-13-2016
There's no "up" or "down" in space.
Please keep all facts out of the science fiction threads. TIA
[Reply]
Page 23 of 70
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »