ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 366
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 01:49 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why isn't a carport a good choice? Dig a few holes. Pour some concrete, put up poles, attach some awning...instant shelter from sprinklers and bird poop.
Yea.. rain, wind, dirt, grime, animals, especially little bits of sand blowing across the car.. Doesnt protect from any of those things.

I mean, i thought you wanted to keep this thing mint~

Pool tables suck.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:52 PM 04-10-2015
Ever think of taking up darts? Takes a hell of a lot less room.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:03 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Yes, as of right now, besides tinting, color correction and putting cquartz on the car I'm keeping it as it rolled off the production line.
Pool tables suck.
It's not my fault you never learned to play 9 ball.:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:07 PM 04-10-2015
Yea.. rain, wind, dirt, grime, animals, especially little bits of sand blowing across the car.. Doesnt protect from any of those things.

Pool tables suck.
It's near impossible to keep a daily driver mint.

For what he's looking for, it's probably his best option.

Protect it from harmful sun rays, tree sap and some bird shit at the very least.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:37 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Protect it from harmful sun rays, tree sap and some bird shit at the very least.
Best option?

Best option is the garage.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:40 PM 04-10-2015
It's not my fault you never learned to play 9 ball.:-)
I just made this statistic up right now but something like 90% of all pool tables sit unused 99% of the time. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:51 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Yeah, I've got a 1.5 hour round trip daily drive. I'll be racking up the miles. I still want to keep the car as close as I can to the day it rolled off production. I've read articles from people that are well respected and considered knowledgeable by others that say there will only be 1000 of these cars built.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:23 PM 04-10-2015
If this will be a daily driver (sniff :-) ) then the garage is not as important. It will be getting enough road grime, etc. that sitting in a carport vs. a garage won't really matter.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
If this will be a daily driver (sniff :-) ) then the garage is not as important. It will be getting enough road grime, etc. that sitting in a carport vs. a garage won't really matter.
I'm going to respect the car, try to keep her clean but its also meant to be enjoyed.:-)

If MIAdragon ever gives me the name of that good detailer he knows, I might be successful.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:36 PM 04-10-2015
If it was me I would get something cheap for the daily driver and only play with the Hellcat on nice weekends. Maybe 1000 miles a year or so seems like a nice amount. If for no other reason than with it being such a limited run it has such collector value over time.

Not that I expect to ever have to make such decisions.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:42 PM 04-10-2015
Why isn't a carport a good choice? Dig a few holes. Pour some concrete, put up poles, attach some awning...instant shelter from sprinklers and bird poop.
They are the first thing to go flying when the winds pick up.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:44 PM 04-10-2015
I just made this statistic up right now but something like 90% of all pool tables sit unused 99% of the time. :-)
Lol I have one in my garage, but it's not like I don't have enough garage, I own buildings lol, at my house and it's one of the best things I did. We will play cards and pool out there tonight with about 25-30 people hanging out.

We use the shit out of that space.
[Reply]
ghak99 05:58 PM 04-10-2015
A fully enclosed, well built, & well anchored car port is actually pretty nice.

All the rednecks have a cheap version next to their single wides here.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:30 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by ghak99:
A fully enclosed, well built, & well anchored car port is actually pretty nice.

All the rednecks have a cheap version next to their single wides here.
I just don't trust them with the nasty storms we have down here. I just don't understand the resistance to use the garage for what it was made for.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
They are the first thing to go flying when the winds pick up.
What about these?
http://www.gracelandportablebuilding...ortable-garage

[Reply]
Page 23 of 366
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up