ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 53
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
How does that blow my argument out lol? Yeah I still think he should be getting more targets than Robinson. If that means more snaps too. Then yeah that too.
Have Reid and Bienemy not earned your benefit of the doubt yet?

Maybe, just maybe... they know something about the alchemy of all this that you don't
[Reply]
-King- 06:04 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Have Reid and Bienemy not earned your benefit of the doubt yet?

Maybe, just maybe... they know something about the alchemy of all this that you don't
They have my full trust. That's why I think if he was really showing them something, they'd get him more involved in the offense. That's why I never bought the whole argument that the #2 receiver has to be a big body receiver like Watkins, robinson, or pringle. If they thought they could get more production out of Hardman from that spot, they'd absolutely tweak some things for him. They'd absolutely give him more snaps than Robinson if they thought he'd produce more.

I don't think they're watching the two of them in practice and think Hardman is the better WR of the two and being like, "Nah, we'll still give Robinson more snaps". Reid is a genius he's more flexible than that. So yeah I think there is something that Hardman is showing them or isn't showing them that makes it so that he isn't getting the snaps and opportunities we thought he'd be getting at this point.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
After looking thru all this I can definitely say they need to get the ball to Hardman a lot more.

Give him all of robinsons touches.
Heh. Never gonna happen.
[Reply]
-King- 06:07 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heh. Never gonna happen.
Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:23 PM 12-02-2020
Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek.
Reality check: Andy will never give all of DRob's snaps to Hardman this season. Period.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:25 PM 12-02-2020
They have my full trust. That's why I think if he was really showing them something, they'd get him more involved in the offense. That's why I never bought the whole argument that the #2 receiver has to be a big body receiver like Watkins, robinson, or pringle. If they thought they could get more production out of Hardman from that spot, they'd absolutely tweak some things for him. They'd absolutely give him more snaps than Robinson if they thought he'd produce more.

I don't think they're watching the two of them in practice and think Hardman is the better WR of the two and being like, "Nah, we'll still give Robinson more snaps". Reid is a genius he's more flexible than that. So yeah I think there is something that Hardman is showing them or isn't showing them that makes it so that he isn't getting the snaps and opportunities we thought he'd be getting at this point.

Hardman is still developing and Reid almost always goes with the vets he has confidence in over the young guy that’s still learning. It’s really that simple.

Hardman will absolutely play a much larger role next year, and that’s fine. He’s still making plenty of plays while he’s developing. What more could you ask for?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:27 PM 12-02-2020
Nothing he a young guy learning his role!
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 PM 12-02-2020

They're watching them in practice and they think Robinson is a better blocker, for instance. Which is why Robinson comes in for several RPO sets instead of Hardman. Again, that's a big reason Robinson gets more snaps but has nothing at all to do with Hardman's receiving ability. I'm really not sure why that's so hard to understand. Just look at their targets and you can see that a lot of Robinson's snaps aren't "receiving" snaps.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:28 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hardman is still developing and Reid almost always goes with the vets he has confidence in over the young guy that’s still learning. It’s really that simple.

Hardman will absolutely play a much larger role next year, and that’s fine. He’s still making plenty of plays while he’s developing. What more could you ask for?
DK Metcalf

/thread
[Reply]
staylor26 06:34 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
DK Metcalf

/thread
Yea basically. He’s not Metcalf so he sucks and isn’t going to develop until he’s on another team.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:38 PM 12-02-2020
They're watching them in practice and they think Robinson is a better blocker, for instance. Which is why Robinson comes in for several RPO sets instead of Again, that's a big reason Robinson gets more snaps but has nothing at all to do with Hardman's receiving ability. I'm really not sure why that's so hard to understand. Just look at their targets and you can see that a lot of Robinson's snaps aren't "receiving" snaps.
I mean, it still does. If Hardman were a better receiver, they'd be more inclined to leave him in over Robinson despite Robinson being a superior blocker.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:43 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I mean, it still does. If Hardman were a better receiver, they'd be more inclined to leave him in over Robinson despite Robinson being a superior blocker.
Not when they're expecting him to block, no.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:48 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's not just that DRob is a better blocker. He's a more well-rounded receiver. He's got more craft at his disposal, because he's been playing WR for a lot longer.

Watch Hardman run any route and watch when he actually turns his head to start looking for the ball, just as an example. in particular notice if he turns his head as he gets 'even' with his defender.

Then check the difference with DRob.

DRob also understands how to shed jams and how to beat press better, because he's been doing it for a lot longer. It's the detail stuff that Hardman never learned because he's only played WR for like 3.5 years.

Then check out how DRob runs an improv route when Patrick decides to escape the pocket and where he puts himself vs. Patrick's eyes. And check the difference with Hardman.

Now, I think Hardman can learn these things, but right now he's just not at the same level because he basically began playing WR 3 years ago. He needs to work on his craft for at least another season, hopefully have a real preseason in 2021, to even get near the same level of competence as Drob with his craft.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:03 PM 12-02-2020
Not when they're expecting him to block, no.
That's how you end up telegraphing plays.

You don't think Hardman would start over Robinson and Watkins if he was a Hill clone? It wouldn't matter if they could block better. Hill's receiving ability is so good that you don't even think about bringing him off the field in favor of some trash can.

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's not just that DRob is a better blocker. He's a more well-rounded receiver. He's got more craft at his disposal, because he's been playing WR for a lot longer.
If what you say is true then it's easy to see why some were wondering what's up with the guy.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 PM 12-02-2020
He’s not a hill clone. He’s a similar player, if he were of that level, yeah he’d be on the field with hill all the time.

Hill is a hall of gamer and the top wr in football right now at a time there are legit ass kickers at wr. Expecting or holding hardman to that standard is on you
[Reply]
Page 23 of 53
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up