ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 29
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CB Breeland signing with the Chiefs
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-18-2019

Former Packers CB Bashaud Breeland is signing with the Chiefs, a source told ESPN

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 18, 2019

[Reply]
stevieray 04:35 PM 03-18-2019
Cool.
[Reply]
MeatRock 04:35 PM 03-18-2019
I fucking hope Watts turns out to be a big time player.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:37 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by MeatRock:
I fucking hope Watts turns out to be a big time player.
I'm sure we all do.

But players generally don't become LESS injury prone the longer they're in the NFL. It's the opposite.

His college career and first year in the NFL don't bode well for his long term outlook.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:41 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm sure we all do.

But players generally don't become LESS injury prone the longer they're in the NFL. It's the opposite.

His college career and first year in the NFL don't bode well for his long term outlook.
You with this narrative :-)

Watts played in 45 games in college. He’s not nearly as injury prone as you try to make it sound.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:47 PM 03-18-2019
No problem with the approach. Didn't like going Nuclear, would've preferred a smoother transition, but whatever, it's all good.

At some point though they have to start adding talent. Not replacement level guys, but actual difference making talent. Otherwise you'll be spinning your wheels doing this same dance next year.

If they're not going to spend it on talent to yield better results on the field, then who gives a **** how much cap space they have?

I sure as **** don't care about Clark's money, do you? I want a winner.
Matter of preference. I'd rather right now spend on more players so we have less holes than expect a few superstars to carry a bad supporting cast.

The cap matters because we have cap now, but we won't in 3 years. We've built all our D contracts to be easy to shred once Mahomes negotiates his contract.

We need to add difference makers through the draft, not free agency. And Veach has put lots of pressure on himself to be very successful in the draft in order to justify his approach. The risk is that Veach is unproven in the draft. But if he does well he may have set up a long-term window for us.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:47 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Watts played in 45 games in college. He’s not nearly as injury prone as you try to make it sound.
I don’t think people realize that most of the league is “injury prone”. The guy who averages 16 games a year is the exception, not the rule.
[Reply]
bricks 05:16 PM 03-18-2019
Three things I like about Armani Watts:

-The dude can blitz. I seen his college highlights and the timing of them is there

-He has really good closing speed and as a result angles or lanes for the ball carrier aren’t there

-His head is in the game. I’ve seen other opponents make big plays only to see him either knock the ball loose and cause a fumble or just take it away from them period
[Reply]
TLO 05:22 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
Three things I like about Armani Watts:

-The dude can blitz. I seen his college highlights and the timing of them is there

-He has really good closing speed and as a result angles or lanes for the ball carrier aren’t there

-His head is in the game. I’ve seen other opponents make big plays only to see him either knock the ball loose and cause a fumble or just take it away from them period
Things I don't like about him

1. Made of glass
2. See #1
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:27 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

3 different injury stints in college, lost time in OTA's/Camp from injury, then injured again during the season.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:28 PM 03-18-2019
3 different injury stints in college, lost time in OTA's/Camp from injury, then injured again during the season.
45 games. He missed 5 or 6 games. Guys get hurt. It’s football.

You talk like he was Verrett in college.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:40 PM 03-18-2019
can he play WR?
[Reply]
TLO 05:41 PM 03-18-2019
I get the vibe that the dude will have trouble staying healthy too.

Hope he proves me wrong
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:57 PM 03-18-2019
A one-year incentive-laden deal worth as much as $5 million?

Perfect opportunity to draft another guy in the first two rounds. If he hits, then you're starting to cook with gas.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:34 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Is detoxing always this negative about everything?
This sourpuss motherfucker needs to gtfo and let us celebrate the fact that ChiefsPlanet.com literally WILLED A FA SIGNING INTO BEING!!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:44 PM 03-18-2019
I'm stating the stats as they've been laid out. Sorry if that bursts anyone's bubble.

I expected to see additions to the defense. Not lateral moves and downgrades.

But that's what we got, outside of Tyrann.

I didn't say that i didn't like this move. I'm glad they found a JAG to fill the hole. Great.

It's a "whatever" till they find something better.

Sorry that im not going full homer over replacing JAGs with JAGs and then expecting this defense to take steps forward.

Albeit of course, Veach isn't done. And again, i'll refrain any projections till camp breaks.
There are also stats that say Breelend was the 2nd best CB in football the last 8 weeks of the season too.

I saw Nelson play, fuck the stats, he is a JAG getting paid to be an above average player which he isn't.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 29
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up