ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 03:50 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.
Some folks don't give a spit about sports but are tired of constantly being taxed for rich benefit and hobby I like sports and I don't live in Jackson County. So it's their business I suppose.

I do believe that everything they pour money into downtown KC fails. There is a history in it. I think there is more danger in losing the Royals because of Sherman. I think its all about making money not love of baseball in KC. He will sell it all for a huge profit. Thats how shysters work the system.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:59 PM 03-21-2024
Wow this thing might actual fail :-)

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...eA4lLm73kyPr3c
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:03 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

A pro-stadium poll has it almost even?

:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:03 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm not sure which is worse for the sport... the lack of a salary cap or teams not wanting to spend anything.

I think Beltran said he was staying in KC for 23 million/year (or whatever it was) and Glass told his agent "make him stay for 22"... and maybe that one specific story never even happened, but the point being cheap ass billionaire owners suck.
That's what makes the NFL so great, Salary cap Max and Minimum... Teams can't be cheap and teams can't outspend.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:20 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

The Chiefs and Royals want it to fail.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:23 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
The Chiefs and Royals want it to fail.
Sherman might make more money in Nashville sure.

But there isn't a market left for pro football in the long term..
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:43 PM 03-21-2024
Is there an actual plan or is it like the airport where they said, trust us... it'll be fine.

As far as I'm concerned, I've paid my dues. let them leave.

Still wondering how the Royals stadium was deemed to be unsafe yet Arrowhead, which was built at the same time by the same people, is fine. I guess you can pay an expert to come up with any conclusion.

Reality is that the 3/8 cent doesn't hurt me yet it's a burden on those people in Jackson county who will never go to a game and can barely afford to live anyways.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:03 PM 03-21-2024
This whole thing boils down to trust. People dont trust politicians and slick talkers like Sherman and Lucas

Jackson County homeowners are still steamed over the property tax fiasco a year ago that has yet to be resolved. Pile on Frank White wants to score a get even with the Royals for them passing him over in years past

I dont think the mayor has the credibility he thinks he has. His ego has told him he can do anything and he will be seen as a superstar. But folks are getting tired of his happy ass asking for more and more tax dollars for showboat projects and being promiced the world.

Airport was hard sell and this week we see the first airline leave for lack of business. Then we have the streetcar line that seems to be in constant need for more money. And we have an economy that is not just booming.

People dont believe the K is falling down while Arrowhead shines like new money. That does not pass the smell test for most. And the K s a beautiful baseball stadium.

The whole downtown idea has holes for a lot of people. Parking is a question in spite of the promove crowd saying its a non issue. Then the location sort of has a taint going for it. First it was one place, then maybe north of the river then another, then out of the blue its in the Crossroads. Existing businesses in the Crossroads got blindsided and many still say the Royals, mayor or whomever have not talked to them.

Who benefits from this deal? Mayor Q, Ex mayor Sly, every union contractor involved in tear down and build new, special interests for sure, Sherman stands to make out like Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. People who own the ground where new stadium will go get out of a very marginal realestate area with big bucks as a reward.

The Chiefs benefit but the PR value in a Chiefs improvement is huge, Royals not so much

And the special interest money for community stuff is a payoff to get special interests to back off.

Joe Working guy taxpayer has every reason to be not a fan

All that said, I bet it passes. But the next go round for tax incerreases will pay the price for Shermans gold
[Reply]
BWillie 08:16 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, kindly shut the fuck up with this bullshit.

The Power and Light and Crossroads areas aren’t anything like that. They’re not proposing people park east of Troost between 20th and 40th (which is the only area in KCMO that fits that description).
I never got my catalytic converter stolen when I went down to power and light... which was way more often than I went to Arrowhead/ Kaufman yet happened to both my dad and I.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:28 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm not sure which is worse for the sport... the lack of a salary cap or teams not wanting to spend anything.

I think Beltran said he was staying in KC for 23 million/year (or whatever it was) and Glass told his agent "make him stay for 22"... and maybe that one specific story never even happened, but the point being cheap ass billionaire owners suck.

It wasn’t even David Glass that said No. It was his Tommy Boy idiot son Dan Glass.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:32 PM 03-21-2024
Kc tenants can suck my dick

Go royals
[Reply]
tk13 09:46 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
This whole thing boils down to trust. People dont trust politicians and slick talkers like Sherman and Lucas

Jackson County homeowners are still steamed over the property tax fiasco a year ago that has yet to be resolved. Pile on Frank White wants to score a get even with the Royals for them passing him over in years past

I dont think the mayor has the credibility he thinks he has. His ego has told him he can do anything and he will be seen as a superstar. But folks are getting tired of his happy ass asking for more and more tax dollars for showboat projects and being promiced the world.

Airport was hard sell and this week we see the first airline leave for lack of business. Then we have the streetcar line that seems to be in constant need for more money. And we have an economy that is not just booming.

People dont believe the K is falling down while Arrowhead shines like new money. That does not pass the smell test for most. And the K s a beautiful baseball stadium.

The whole downtown idea has holes for a lot of people. Parking is a question in spite of the promove crowd saying its a non issue. Then the location sort of has a taint going for it. First it was one place, then maybe north of the river then another, then out of the blue its in the Crossroads. Existing businesses in the Crossroads got blindsided and many still say the Royals, mayor or whomever have not talked to them.

Who benefits from this deal? Mayor Q, Ex mayor Sly, every union contractor involved in tear down and build new, special interests for sure, Sherman stands to make out like Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. People who own the ground where new stadium will go get out of a very marginal realestate area with big bucks as a reward.

The Chiefs benefit but the PR value in a Chiefs improvement is huge, Royals not so much

And the special interest money for community stuff is a payoff to get special interests to back off.

Joe Working guy taxpayer has every reason to be not a fan

All that said, I bet it passes. But the next go round for tax incerreases will pay the price for Shermans gold
Sherman finds a way to win no matter what probably but there's a lot on the line for Lucas, etc. This fails and the Chiefs have a real shot of moving to Kansas. That's a huge loss for KCMO so that's part of it too. The Royals have not done a good job during this process but the fact that people are acting like Sherman is some kind of slick guy and the Chiefs are innocently sitting back saying "aw shucks" is a little bit weird to me. Mark Donovan is flat out saying they are going to consider leaving KC if this doesn't fly. Sherman hasn't said anything like that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:06 PM 03-21-2024
You couldn't have fucked this up any harder if you tried. I thought Sherman was a smart businessman?

https://fox4kc.com/news/kcps-disappo...y1ZRLq8Sg80TNk
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:29 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kc tenants can suck my dick

Go royals
Perfect example of the shake downs going on led behind the scene by MayorQ. Every wack job group is demanding cash for support and they got it...blood money

And KCTenants are the worst breed
[Reply]
Katipan 07:44 AM 03-22-2024
I read HCs post carefully because he doesn't usually babble.

You don't trust the parking and you think the location still need to address about 4 businesses.

Gosh, those are really sad reasons not to revitalize your downtown. LA has a downtown that rolls up at night. Denver's I walk all the time. And if you think it's because I'm a thug, i assure you Rain Man would too.

Fix your shit and all the other stuff you're worried about goes away too. Can't get people downtown en masse without a reason. Can't fix your downtown without people.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up