ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 379
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:03 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Blah blah blah.. the Patriots defense was supposed to stop us and Patty had his way with them with a hurt hand.. if he was healthy he would have put a a 30 burger on them..
Had Kelce just not been an idiot on that easy first down, the Chiefs would’ve blown the doors off the Pats. That fumble changed the game.
[Reply]
Pushead2 09:12 AM 01-26-2020
Andy knows the keepaway game goes two ways and showed it with the AFCCG.

If the Chiefs can sustain long drives, it keeps the ball out of their backs' hands.

It doesn't need to be the 20+ yard chunks all the time, but it needs to be enough to keep the chains moving and finish each time with 7pts.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 01-26-2020
It's really quite simple.

If the Chiefs just execute well on offense, they'll score a ton of points. San Fran does not have the speed in their secondary to hang with Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Kelce, and Williams.

If the Chiefs defense plays with gap discipline, they will earn the right to rush the passer. If San Fran is forced to pass, then Frank Clark, Chris Jones, and Suggs will feast.

In order for San Fran to win, The Chiefs will need to beat themselves.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

There's nothing new here that we haven't seen.

There's not a physicality that we haven't seen and beaten this season.

It just comes down to execution.

There is, however, no answer for our speed on offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:15 AM 01-26-2020
I should be clear, we can absolutely lose this game; if they come out with their heads up their asses like Houston, we could lose.

I don't think they will.

but it could happen.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:28 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
If they can convert those into 20+ yardage chunk plays then that might be OK. If they have to dink and dunk all day long, with that D-line, then I can imagine Mahomes will start throwing pickles.

San Franciscos' run defense can be made to be mediocre, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Reid test the running game to open up the deep ball.

Mahomes will start throwing picks? Mahomes had a crazy low - one percent - INT rate this year despite facing defense after defense that came out planning to take away the deep shots.

The idea he won’t take what the D gives him is very out of date. He makes plays outside the pocket, but he’s also ruthlessly efficient inside the pocket and drastically improved in reading quickly and getting the ball out this year.

That’s what has taken him to the next level. He still can break things down and make things happen downfield, but he has advanced so much in reading pre-snap and being decisive.

Last year, he still had a tendency to get impatient/frustrated and force a play here and there when teams were taking away all of his shots. That tendency has been excised for the most part.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:36 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Mahomes will start throwing picks? Mahomes had a crazy low - one percent - INT rate this year despite facing defense after defense that came out planning to take away the deep shots.

The idea he won’t take what the D gives him is very out of date. He makes plays outside the pocket, but he’s also ruthlessly efficient inside the pocket and drastically improved in reading quickly and getting the ball out this year.

That’s what has taken him to the next level. He still can break things down and make things happen downfield, but he has advanced so much in reading pre-snap and being decisive.

Last year, he still had a tendency to get impatient/frustrated and force a play here and there when teams were taking away all of his shots. That tendency has been excised for the most part.
Yep I can’t recall what games ,but he had back to back games throwing for a couple hundred yards .taking what the defense was giving and not taking big shots down the field.
[Reply]
Deebo19 10:02 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's really quite simple.

If the Chiefs just execute well on offense, they'll score a ton of points. San Fran does not have the speed in their secondary to hang with Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Kelce, and Williams.

If the Chiefs defense plays with gap discipline, they will earn the right to rush the passer. If San Fran is forced to pass, then Frank Clark, Chris Jones, and Suggs will feast.

In order for San Fran to win, The Chiefs will need to beat themselves.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

There's nothing new here that we haven't seen.

There's not a physicality that we haven't seen and beaten this season.

It just comes down to execution.

There is, however, no answer for our speed on offense.
You act like you’re going to score 60 points. You’ll score in the 30’s. And you’re going to lose.

Which will this board save face because Mahomes will still move the ball and score.

You guys have no idea what’s coming on Sunday. You should really go watch some 49er games lol.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:
You act like you’re going to score 60 points. You’ll score in the 30’s. And you’re going to lose.

Which will this board save face because Mahomes will still move the ball and score.

You guys have no idea what’s coming on Sunday. You should really go watch some 49er games lol.

Many people here have watched many 49ers games. Personally at 7 or 8, if you count re-watching games.

How many Chiefs games have you watched, start to finish, troll?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:11 AM 01-26-2020
I watched 4 of the last 5 SF games live. Lol. FOH.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:14 AM 01-26-2020
I watched Jeanine throw like 4 passes last week. Does that count?
[Reply]
wachashi 10:18 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deebo19:

Did you watch the Chiefs just dismantle the Titans? Niners will be lucky to score as many points as the Titans did on this defense. Tennessee had a more efficient rushing attack AND the more efficient passing attack over the course of the ENTIRE season (so, including the Mariota games). The path to victory for the Niners does not involve letting Mahomes and this offense drop 30+ points. It's game over at that point.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:19 AM 01-26-2020
Jimmy Garoppolo has good chemistry with Martin Short, even if he doesn't know the word "depository"

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I watched Jeanine throw like 4 passes last week. Does that count?
So you watched the entire game?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:21 AM 01-26-2020
I really think the Chiefs are due for a hot start. The last 3 games have all been sluggish starts (yet all 3 have ended up as impressive wins).
[Reply]
DRM08 10:22 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Had Kelce just not been an idiot on that easy first down, the Chiefs would’ve blown the doors off the Pats. That fumble changed the game.
Very similar to the Damien fumble against Titans in Week 10. Both of those were mega game changers. Chiefs gotta avoid shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and special teams blunders.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 379
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Up