ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 386
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:08 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
None of that is anywhere near as epic as a battle against the dead. I'm preparing myself to be let down pretty severely at this point.
oh yeah, whatever battle is in episode 5, it’s not on the scale they did for episode 3. Or what I’m guessing anyway.

Very few series end well. 95% of the popular ones disappoint their fans with the series finale. Nature of the beast maybe?:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Hey bro... Gonna let you in on a thing here... NK aint dead yet.
but even if that is one of the surprises/plot twists coming, it wouldn’t really be all that surprising. If the Avengers can do time travel, the Night King can rise again.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:13 PM 04-28-2019
JESUS ****ING CHRIST. BEST 1.5 hours of TV ever.
I’m with you, bro.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:20 PM 04-28-2019
I loved the scene w Tyrion and Sansa in the crypt. It felt so real.

I also loved the shot of the dragons above the storm and the Dothraki getting their light snuffed out. Both were just visually stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 PM 04-28-2019

Goddammit I had this whole amazing night king theory

— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) April 29, 2019

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:24 PM 04-28-2019
None of that is anywhere near as epic as a battle against the dead. I'm preparing myself to be let down pretty severely at this point.
Can you chew gum and walk at the same time? I have my doubts. Seriously, you seem like your on the near slope of the IQ distribution curve.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:31 PM 04-28-2019
Can you chew gum and walk at the same time? I have my doubts. Seriously, you seem like your on the near slope of the IQ distribution curve.

[Reply]
DaFace 11:35 PM 04-28-2019
Hey bro... Gonna let you in on a thing here... NK aint dead yet.
Don't be disappointed when you are wrong. The writers have sucked ass since they ran out of book material. Maybe they'll surprise me, but this just feels like it's going to end way more predictably than I would have guessed.

One episode to regroup. One episode to fight Cersi. Arya kills Cersi, fulfilling the prophecy and crossing the last name off of her list. One episode to wrap it up. Jon sits on the iron throne. Fade to black.

Again, it's possible I'll be wrong, but this was the episode to do something unexpected. They didn't.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:50 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Meh. Sure. Fly your fat-ass out to PHX and I'll give you a nice heaping of whoop-ass to go along with breakfast. Do you prefer pancakes or omulets?

Note: It's not my problem you have to pay for two seats. That's God telling you to get on a fucking treadmill.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:54 PM 04-28-2019
It’s always fun when someone tries to make themselves look intelligent with a clever insult, but they don’t realize that they are so far off the mark that they just end up making themself look incredibly stupid. Also, it’s “you’re”.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 11:55 PM 04-28-2019
Here's my prediction......

[SPOILERS BELOW DO NOT READ]

Bran is the Night King - The Arya moment was destined. Bran/Night King knew this...... The Jon Snow/Dany army is depleted - it's practically nothing. Because Dany is stubborn, she'll march on Kings Landing and lose. Bran - will be there, and will suddenly raise everyone from the dead - including Jon/Dany - the wight's will take Kings Landing and a blue-eyed Jon/Dany will take the throne and winter will continue.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:57 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
It’s always fun when someone tries to make themselves look intelligent with a clever insult, but they don’t realize that they are so far off the mark that they just end up making themself look incredibly stupid. Also, it’s “you’re”.
Oh shit. I damn near walked into a doorframe and didn't realize I fucked up. Thanks for looking out Hoss.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:59 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
Here's my prediction......

[SPOILERS BELOW DO NOT READ]

Bran is the Night King - The Arya moment was destined. Bran/Night King knew this...... The Jon Snow/Dany army is depleted - it's practically nothing. Because Dany is stubborn, she'll march on Kings Landing and lose. Bran - will be there, and will suddenly raise everyone from the dead - including Jon/Dany - the wight's will take Kings Landing and a blue-eyed Jon/Dany will take the throne and winter will continue.
Blizzard has some god awful story-booking right now. You'd fit right in.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:07 AM 04-29-2019
Do you prefer pancakes or omulets?
:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:15 AM 04-29-2019
Am I wrong to feel a little...underwhelmed? In a show that has made its name on being unpredictable, their plan...basically worked exactly as they drew it up. Sure a bunch of no names and third tier characters died, but other than that, it was basically exactly what I expected.

It was well done for what it was, but I was expecting something...more interesting.
I felt a bit of this but it was amazing, if predictable. I got a bit annoyed at how characters would be surrounded by 100 undead and then later they’re hacking and slashing through hordes that they’d never be able to actually escape. The moment when the NK launches round two of undead and I though Jon was a goner I did think they just might go there and kill everyone.

There are other stories you could have told differently but this checked all the boxes. If winterfell had been a diversion and the NK was marching toward kings landing then I’d probably be more invested in the final episodes but that’s only because we’re going from the ultimate battle back to politics. Nothing wrong with it, and I have faith that they’ll deliver a brilliant final three episodes even if the stakes are lower than tonight.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 386
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239279329 > Last »
Up