Page 228 of 298
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:28 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Veach doesn’t fire Sutton, is he assuming responsibility for the defense’s incompetence?

We absolutely CANNOT spend another entire draft on defensive players. That’s a recipe for guaranteeing the offense gets old and expensive. Instead of drafting Speaks or Smith, wouldn’t another good WR or RB really help right now?

We tried that last draft, and we have to start reloading the offense to keep the weapons strong around Mahomes.

So Veach pretty much has to own blowing it in FA and the draft or fire Sutton, right?
He might have been told by Hunt that there's the "Patriot way" and the "Chiefs way", and he's not firing anybody. He'll remind him that his legacy is going to be that he was loyal to a fault, and remind him that the Hunts don't care about SBs.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:30 PM 12-23-2018
I'm mad that Sutton still has a job and also that he's still alive. I hope he gets hit by a bus tomorrow
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:31 PM 12-23-2018
Fuller and Scandrick please.

Ward can fuck off.
Smith can stick to KO returns.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:35 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Is this preseason lol
It's always preseason when your perpetual goal is "not this year, but next year"!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:39 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Listening to Reid's PC just sounds like he wanted to give the young guys a chance because they are more athletic and faster. He also said he is trying to fix some problems.

I wonder if that cluster**** at the end of the SD game had an impact
Who knows how Reid has been reacting to this behind closed doors.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:42 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Probably had to run so much man with rookie CBs in all game.

It's a lot to ask of a couple CBs making their first start to know where their zone is and what their responsibilities are all while playing against an extremely mobile QB.

Easier just to tell them "go where your man goes". Unfortunately, they just don't have the natural ability to hold their own and the pass rush didn't do them any favors.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:45 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Who knows how Reid has been reacting to this behind closed doors.
I'm sure it's:

"Hunt's still paying me and Eric Haglund for this, so...."

[Reply]
bevischief 11:45 PM 12-23-2018
I LEFT MY DEPENDS IN KC.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:54 PM 12-23-2018

Opponent drives in final 4:00 vs. #Chiefs D in KC's 4 losses:

-Patriots (tied at 40): 7 plays, 65 yards, winning FG

-Rams (KC leads 51-47): 6 plays, 75 yards, winning TD

-Chargers (KC leads 28-21): 8 plays, 60 yards, TD, 2 PT

-Seahawks (KC trails 31-28): 8 plays, 75 yards, TD

— SANTA TOM (@TomKCTV5) December 24, 2018

[Reply]
Halfcan 12:04 AM 12-24-2018
Andy and Sutton Both need to be fired. Andy's opening game plan sucked. He always fails to take advantage of the other team's weaknesses. He still can't manage a clock worth a shit and it cost us every year.

Andy is predictable and refuses to change. He needs to go. Amazing coach during the season where he pads his record, but when there is a Big game- he goes vanilla with the offense. He has zero killer instinct to close games out.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:09 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Andy and Sutton Both need to be fired. Andy's opening game plan sucked. He always fails to take advantage of the other team's weaknesses. He still can't manage a clock worth a shit and it cost us every year.

Andy is predictable and refuses to change. He needs to go. Amazing coach during the season where he pads his record, but when there is a Big game- he goes vanilla with the offense. He has zero killer instinct to close games out.

Every time we get into a discussion like this - it brings back memories of Marty. He would have great regular seasons and piss down his leg in the post season. Never failed.

Then again - I distinctly remember Eagles fans trying to tell everyone that this would be the case with Reid...Jesus I hope it ain't so - but what they hell are we to think?

Until this Defense is overhauled to (at least) a top 10-15 Defense, rather than a perpetual bottom tier - I think this will be the short term destiny for the Chiefs.

Damn it all to hell.....
[Reply]
prhom 12:13 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Can’t we trade Reid for some draft picks or something?!?!
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 12:16 AM 12-24-2018
Would it really hurt anything if they fired Sutton tonight? I mean I know they won't he's going to be around. But really why the hell not. What can happen the D cost us in the playoffs. Something they are going to do with Sutton?
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:25 AM 12-24-2018
Wilson was throwing darts in the 4th. DB’s are mostly trash but a few of those throws were perfect.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 AM 12-24-2018
It'd be pretty fucked up to fire Sutton tonight when Andy made the call to play Ward and Smith at CB.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 298
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Up