ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 386
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:37 PM 04-28-2019
dany seems extremely confident about marching down to king's landing and ripping cersei out "root and stem" in the next episode

where is she getting another army?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Am I wrong to feel a little...underwhelmed? In a show that has made its name on being unpredictable, their plan...basically worked exactly as they drew it up. Sure a bunch of no names and third tier characters died, but other than that, it was basically exactly what I expected.

It was well done for what it was, but I was expecting something...more interesting.
There are still three more episodes. More people will die.

I didn’t think that Arya would be the one to kill the NK....but that’s just me. I was expecting Jon with Lightbringer.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:43 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Anyone?
If you didn’t actually see him die then he lived. Any other major character that died you saw.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:48 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
dany seems extremely confident about marching down to king's landing and ripping cersei out "root and stem" in the next episode

My coworker says the golden army or whatever they are turn on her once Jon says who he really is. Says their leadership believes his line as true rulers or something.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:49 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If you didn’t actually see him die then he lived. Any other major character that died you saw.
I just watched the last scene again. He survived. You can see him standing in the middle of a pile of bodies. It's from a distance, but it's definitely him.

At the 1:42 mark.

[Reply]
Shag 10:49 PM 04-28-2019
Am I wrong to feel a little...underwhelmed? In a show that has made its name on being unpredictable, their plan...basically worked exactly as they drew it up. Sure a bunch of no names and third tier characters died, but other than that, it was basically exactly what I expected.

It was well done for what it was, but I was expecting something...more interesting.
Exactly where I'm at.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That episode was work to watch.

I thought at some point that at least everyone was going to die.

The episode on its own was truly excellent. I had a tiny bit of trouble believing all of the 1 vs 100 fights would last more than half a second, but I can get over that.

I expected more major deaths, but the ones we did have were well done. And the tension, my god the tension.

My problem with the whole thing is that I have trouble caring about the war to the south. But I suppose there was fair symmetry in the first season between the introduction to the white walkers and the introduction to kings landing. And the subsequent escalation to total fuck both story lines took, so it makes some sense that the white walkers get 3 the south gets 3.

But I still have trouble exiting from my mind that this was it. The rest of it is a foregone conclusion. I don’t know who ends up on the throne but it kind of feels like it doesn’t matter. The big threat is over now.

I really thought they would make an escape from Winterfell and head south. In fact, I kept waiting for a dragon to blaze a path southward. Oops.

But whatever. I’m strapped in for the ride so let’s roll.
the whole show was about the game of thrones. Not defeating the Night King. Only in the last couple of seasons was it even in heavy rotation for screen time.

There is going to be curve balls we don’t see coming. There always is with George RR Martin. Hell I could see him writing that Cersi wins, fade to black. Series over. But, I don’t think so in the TV version.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 04-28-2019
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Arya stabs the Night King (I Just Had Sex Remix) #GameOfThrones pic.twitter.com/Nq1km0CZ4L

— Barstool Sports (@BarstoolsTweets) April 29, 2019

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:58 PM 04-28-2019
No zombie Ned or Lyanna? Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:59 PM 04-28-2019

there are going to be major plot twists we don’t see coming or expected in any way according to everyone associated with the show. I don’t think Arya killing the NK instead of John is not what they mean. That means it’s still coming.

Golden Company
Iron Bank
Lord of the Light
Surprise ancestry (Tyrion?)
WTF is up with Bronn/Pod/Tyrion conversations?
Bran and Tyrion conversation
Varys has been awful quiet
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the whole show was about the game of thrones. Not defeating the Night King. Only in the last couple of seasons was it even in heavy rotation for screen time.
The very first scene in the very first episode is about the walkers coming. It's pretty disappointing that the "final boss" is Cersi.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:02 PM 04-28-2019
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. BEST 1.5 hours of TV ever.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:03 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there are going to be major plot twists we don’t see coming or expected in any way according to everyone associated with the show. I don’t think Arya killing the NK instead of John is not what they mean. That means it’s still coming.

Golden Company
Iron Bank
Lord of the Light
Surprise ancestry (Tyrion?)
WTF is up with Bronn/Pod/Tyrion conversations?
Bran and Tyrion conversation
Varys has been awful quiet
None of that is anywhere near as epic as a battle against the dead. I'm preparing myself to be let down pretty severely at this point.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:03 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Out of her ass just like all the other armies she got.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:04 PM 04-28-2019
None of that is anywhere near as epic as a battle against the dead. I'm preparing myself to be let down pretty severely at this point.
Hey bro... Gonna let you in on a thing here... NK aint dead yet.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 386
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Up