ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 3903
« First < 128178218224225226227228 2292302312322382783287281228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 06:03 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The store I visited yesterday was low on fresh fruit and vegetables, while the frozen section was wiped clean.

I'm hoping that most people are stocking up this week/weekend and the shelves will be back to normal late next week.
That's my guess. At least for now, the supply chain is fine. We just need a couple weeks for everything to get back to stores.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:03 PM 03-13-2020
The store I visited yesterday was low on fresh fruit and vegetables, while the frozen section was wiped clean.

I'm hoping that most people are stocking up this week/weekend and the shelves will be back to normal late next week.
I sure hope so. This madness needs to end.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:04 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It would absolutely never work, but ignoring that...

I halfway think that everyone under age 50 who doesn't otherwise have any health issues should just gather in public spaces, infect each other, suffer for two weeks, and then resume our normal lives. We'd practically create herd immunity in two weeks.
I know you are partly trolling but not everyone under 50 has a mild version.

Different people are throwing different numbers around but it sounds like 5%+ of those under 50 might end up needing hospitalization.

Italy is currently treating patients in warehouses and some patients are being left to die for a lack of ventilators.

If you are in Italy it would be a really bad time to need an emergency appendix operation or any other somewhat routine emergencies. At least car crashes are presumably reduced by the lockdown.

This is what the US is trying to avoid.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:05 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Why is it that all of the people who don't think you need 100 rounds of ammo, are buying 500 rounds of buttwipe?

If I were a manufacturer, I think I'd start a twitter rumor that my product was running low and in high demand from hoarders.....boom.
I live in LA. What am I going to do - outgun the street gangs if society breaks down? The only place for me to run is the ocean. I'll just accept my fate.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:06 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)

NC coronavirus task force demonstrate how you catch coronavirus from r/Wellthatsucks

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:06 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Supposedly the virus doesn’t spread well where it’s hot and humid. It was 87 today and it’s supposed to get below 80 anytime soon.
Bring in summer baby!!!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:09 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I actually read an article about that in an immunological journal I stumbled across. Theoretically if we isolate and don't get this less virulent strain, there could be a lessening of cases over the summer, then in the fall it mutates to more virulent and we have no resistance.

IIRC, the Spanish Flu was similar.
If it lessons over summer it will very likely be back in the fall.

But it may not mutate or it could get less virulent. We may have better treatments by then and the world would certainly have more ventilators and trained operators by then.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:10 PM 03-13-2020

Your description sounded pretty bad. I went to the store here in KCMO and there were a couple of sections that were wiped or picked over (beans, toilet paper, etc.) but it wasn't too bad. I wonder what people in NYC and other similar urban areas experience in times like these? Their stores are so small and can't have much stock on hand.
[Reply]
ping2000 06:11 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh and I drove around looking for toilet paper last night (because we were low....not because I’m a fucking idiot doomsday prepper). Every store completely out. I finally found 6 rolls at a gas station.

I hope every moron that bought out the stores....gets the virus.
Totally this. Fuck all pussy preppers. Now there will be a run on bidets. Stupid lemming fuckers. We all have to shit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:11 PM 03-13-2020
They have the proteins and receptors pretty much down so treatment for it will be around soon enough plus it's only pretty much killing old people so once most of the hosts are dead the people who survive become immune the virus pretty much dies down.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:13 PM 03-13-2020
Just left a bar. The opposite of social distancing is still alive and well, I can tell you that.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:13 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's my guess. At least for now, the supply chain is fine. We just need a couple weeks for everything to get back to stores.
There’s going to be toilet paper sitting on the shelves for a year once they restock.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:13 PM 03-13-2020
They must be out!of tampons, Dana is pissed.
[Reply]
ping2000 06:14 PM 03-13-2020
Our store was out of fucking SPAM. I am one of the few on the planet that actually like it. I know damn well none of these fucking preppers are going to eat it. It will sit in their basement on a shelf for the next 22 years next to 5000 rolls of toilet paper. Fuck you.
[Reply]
ping2000 06:15 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Just left a bar. The opposite of social distancing is still alive and well, I can tell you that.
Probably an easy time to get laid.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 3903
« First < 128178218224225226227228 2292302312322382783287281228 > Last »
Up