ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 270
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:36 AM 08-14-2019
Kelce should grow his hair and beard out- he would look like Thor.

He is going to smash TE records this year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 AM 08-14-2019
Local radio seems really pessimistic about this team.

I get that CB and LB could use some work, but what team has zero flaws? Who exactly did they expect us to pick up in the offseason? Who did they expect us to draft? Would you prefer to have no Frank Clark? Wouldn’t they just complain about the pass rush then?

This could well be the best team in franchise history. Let’s just enjoy watching Mahomes trash the league again while the other AFC contenders have QBs on the decline.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I get that CB and LB could use some work, but what team has zero flaws? Who exactly did they expect us to pick up in the offseason? Who did they expect us to draft? Would you prefer to have no Frank Clark? Wouldn’t they just complain about the pass rush then?

This could well be the best team in franchise history. Let’s just enjoy watching Mahomes trash the league again while the other AFC contenders have QBs on the decline.
That's because the fan base is super pumped, it's sports radio so being contrarian is the best way to get interest.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:52 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's because the fan base is super pumped, it's sports radio so being contrarian is the best way to get interest.
Fair point. They’re counting on people tuning in to find out how Veach and Reid will fix the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 AM 08-14-2019
wasted

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:05 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

At least they have shut up about Hill.

Now it's all about how bad the CB's are and how Mahomes ceiling is 35 TD's because teams have TAPE on him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:06 AM 08-14-2019
Did those assholes really say that? I'm going to go hate-listen right now!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:14 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Did those assholes really say that? I'm going to go hate-listen right now!!!
Yesterday morning, I think on 610- 3 of the guys were being negative and 1 was talking about Mahomes having an even better year. They pretty much called him a Homer.

Some people are just convinced Mahomes is a fluke and he is going to crash back down to average. What they don't realize is what Mahomes did last year IS his regular stats all the way back to High School.

We have not seen a 700-yard game from him like in college- but that does not mean he could Not do it.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:18 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yesterday morning, I think on 610- 3 of the guys were being negative and 1 was talking about Mahomes having an even better year. They pretty much called him a Homer.

Some people are just convinced Mahomes is a fluke and he is going to crash back down to average. What they don't realize is what Mahomes did last year IS his regular stats all the way back to High School.

We have not seen a 700-yard game from him like in college- but that does not mean he could Not do it.
I'll give Nate Bukaty some credit, they had Jeff Chadia on and he was pushing back on all of Chadia's dumb points about the Chiefs....Chadia brought up the defense and Bukaty brought up how teams will have to score at least 30 to beat this team.

He also brought up how the Pats' really don't have a feature back and rotate guys in and out when Chadia brought up the fact that Hunt is gone and he isn't sold on Williams or any of of the other guys being a feature back.

It's the same played out narratives we hear all the time...same with Mahomes. "Oh he'll regress"..."teams will catch up and have film now"...blah blah blah. Chadia even brought up how teams are now going to build specifically to stop Pat. It's so idiotic. :-):-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:20 AM 08-14-2019
Local radio is like that because they're fans. They expect shit to go bad. Because that's the history of this franchise. It's gonna take more than one good season from the team to get some of the folks to stop expecting the other shoe to drop.

<----knows this because while he's excited about the 2019 team he's waiting for the flu outbreak/meteor strike/zombie attack on the lockerroom/rapture/whatever to disrupt the bright future of the franchise
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'll give Nate Bukaty some credit, they had Jeff Chadia on and he was pushing back on all of Chadia's dumb points about the Chiefs....Chadia brought up the defense and Bukaty brought up how teams will have to score at least 30 to beat this team.

He also brought up how the Pats' really don't have a feature back and rotate guys in and out when Chadia brought up the fact that Hunt is gone and he isn't sold on Williams or any of of the other guys being a feature back.

It's the same played out narratives we hear all the time...same with Mahomes. "Oh he'll regress"..."teams will catch up and have film now"...blah blah blah. Chadia even brought up how teams are now going to build specifically to stop Pat. It's so idiotic. :-):-)
It's funny that it's always about Kareem Hunt.

He was really good. For sure. But are we overrating him a little bit? He started off outrageous good here in KC, then he was just a good solid back.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 08-14-2019
Last week I was in the car and they were having a conversation about how Veach is on the hot seat if the team underperforms...then they proceeded to have a 10 minute conversation about how his drafts are ass.

Apparently in 2 drafts he's made 0 good picks according to the 610 guys.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:26 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:

This might be what I heard the tail end of. I am not a huge A.M. radio listener but have turned over more lately hoping to catch some camp news.

But it seems all I hear is commercials, personal chatter and then negative stuff about the defense.

Give them a break guys- look at the Offense they have to practice against every day!! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's funny that it's always about Kareem Hunt.

He was really good. For sure. But are we overrating him a little bit? He started off outrageous good here in KC, then he was just a good solid back.
I have a friend that swears we lost the best RB in the NFL. The way he started definitely has caused people to overrate him a bit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:26 AM 08-14-2019
Andy Reid is the fucking coach. Does anybody really give a shit who the fucking running back is? It's a token position. We don't need Eric fucking Dickerson. We need somebody who can pass protect, who can catch passes and who can occasionally carry the ball when Andy slips up and remembers he can do that, and that it doesn't have to be a jet sweep.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 270
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238 > Last »
Up