ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 791
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276326726 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:40 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm saying Spagnuolo can find a way to utilize Dee Ford, you ****ing dumbass. He runs 4 DE sets to generate maximum pass rush rutinely, and you think he'll just be sitting there throwing his hands up in the air wondering how he can use Dee Ford when he might not be a prototypical LEO? :-)
Yea but Spags spreads the wealth around when rushing. It doesn't come from predominately 1 guy. JPP and Oliver Vernon couldn't even hit 10 sacks in Spags system on the Giants. It cratered their value almost (top market value anyway). But they were still generating tons of pressure.

Ford would be good in Spags system but he won't be 14 sacks 7 forced fumbles good. There will be other guys rushing and getting a piece of that production.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:44 PM 03-10-2019
I'm saying Spagnuolo can find a way to utilize Dee Ford, you fucking dumbass. He runs 4 DE sets to generate maximum pass rush rutinely, and you think he'll just be sitting there throwing his hands up in the air wondering how he can use Dee Ford when he might not be a prototypical LEO? :-)
:-) Nobody said he's fucking sitting on the bench dude.

But he's likely not coming out of 2019 with a better value than he has right now since he'll either need to handle tasks he doesn't do well at or play less snaps.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 03-10-2019
I'm saying Spagnuolo can find a way to utilize Dee Ford, you ****ing dumbass. He runs 4 DE sets to generate maximum pass rush routinely, and you think he'll just be sitting there throwing his hands up in the air wondering how he can use Dee Ford when he might not be a prototypical LEO? :-)
Here's the thing....he damn sure LOOKS like a prototypical Leo.

Now if Spags wants to run a system that depends less on the Leo and more on the SDE and a varied rush system, so be it. I understand if that's the way he goes.

But IF Spags wants Ford to kick ass and take names in this system, he can absolutely do so. Ford could wreck shit and Spags could absolutely choose to highlight that ability if we can't get him moved for a reasonable return.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:45 PM 03-10-2019
The fact of the matter is a 2nd pick now is worth more then a 3rd round pick 3 years from now. Plus the 15 mil of cap space
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:45 PM 03-10-2019
This is as high as his market value gets. You take that fucking #2 and run like the wind.

He spends his forthcoming bench/IR time elsewhere, and we get a new player.

Chiefs win.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:46 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. This rescind the tag and let him walk for a comp pick we won’t even get talk is ridiculous.
If we want to be a player these next few days, it is not ridiculous.

We are somewhere around 20-25 million right now without Houston. We are talking about a big payout to Hill. That probably won't leave a lot to do much this next week.

Letting Ford go to gets us up in the 36-40 million range to work with prior to signing Hill, which means we could probably be in play for 2 or 3 guys this week to go along with Hill.

Letting Berry go would take care of the draft choices and whatnot.

Play the tag and trade card to the max, but have a Plan B in place in case a guy is available that fits the defense going forward.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
:-) Nobody said he's fucking sitting on the bench dude.

But he's likely not coming out of 2019 with a better value than he has right now since he'll either need to handle tasks he doesn't do well at or play less snaps.
Who cares. If we can't move him for what we want this year why worry about moving him next year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:51 PM 03-10-2019
Who cares. If we can't move him for what we want this year why worry about moving him next year.
Because 2020 probably isn't the year of the edge rusher. Jfc
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:55 PM 03-10-2019
Because 2020 probably isn't the year of the edge rusher. Jfc
What?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:59 PM 03-10-2019
I feel like we blew up the leagues best pass rush to accommodate a shitty DC and his system
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:59 PM 03-10-2019
What?
Because them having issues with moving a pass-rusher in a year where the draft is overflowing with pass-rushers doesn't mean they will have the same struggles in 2020 when the draft isn't overflowing with edge rushing talent.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:02 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I feel like we blew up the leagues best pass rush to accommodate a shitty DC and his system
We are blowing up the 31st ranked defense
Needs to be done and get out with all the super pass rush shit. They were thrown on 100 more times than damn anyone else. The stats are inflated becasue of it.
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:05 PM 03-10-2019
Wait til that system makes a box safety one of the highest paid defensive players lol
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:05 PM 03-10-2019
Because them having issues with moving a pass-rusher in a year where the draft is overflowing with pass-rushers doesn't mean they will have the same struggles in 2020 when the draft isn't overflowing with edge rushing talent.
I don't really get what you're arguing, then. I thought you prefered to revoke the tag and let him leave for a comp pick if we couldn't find a trade partner.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:05 PM 03-10-2019
Motherfuck that pass rush. Or as I call it, "The Great Playoff Disappearing Act".
[Reply]
Page 226 of 791
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276326726 > Last »
Up