ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2256 of 3903
« First < 1256175621562206224622522253225422552256 225722582259226022662306235627563256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 02:20 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
LOL...

It's actually pretty standard stuff. I've been here since 2003 so by and large the board tends to skew middle age to older. I would wager if you took an age poll 70% at minimum that post here are at least 35 and honestly that number might stay that high as you increased. It's also a forum based around a midwestern sports team, the midwest has a general set of beliefs for the most part, especially outside of cities.

We basically have a lot of older posters, lots of rural area posters, and frankly this is still the bible belt so we have that too. And we know how all of that sways..We're also in a time where things are being taken to levels of a bunch of genders, the way you talk, etc etc.

So I think we have a good number of posters who are basically pushing back really hard because to them where we are in the world is an attack on who they are as people. So this generally means agreeing with some really minority opinions or taking things to inane levels to try to prove a point.

I personally have said a hundred times I think identity politics which is basically what this is, is the worst shit ever and causes this type of stuff. We can no longer find common ground to have the greater good for all, now everything is a ****ing pissing contest until someone feels like they got ****ed.
I was just kidding, but I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, I'm probably making most of your point for you. I'm 53, live in Kansas and I'm a conservative (but left the Republican party years ago). I'm a bit of a weirdo because I'd much rather hear everyone's thoughts than to shout down opinions that I don't agree with. I love listening to the science and what's going on to combat CV-19. I want to know just as much as anyone else how to best protect myself and my Family. In the same breath, I can also appreciate why some people have their doubts. I have to admit though, it amazes me that masks have become so politically identifying, and such a divisive issue in this Country. Strange times we are living in for sure........
[Reply]
Mecca 02:27 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I was just kidding, but I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, I'm probably making most of your point for you. I'm 53, live in Kansas and I'm a conservative (but left the Republican party years ago). I'm a bit of a weirdo because I'd much rather hear everyone's thoughts than to shout down opinions that I don't agree with. I love listening to the science and what's going on to combat CV-19. I want to know just as much as anyone else how to best protect myself and my Family. In the same breath, I can also appreciate why some people have their doubts. I have to admit though, it amazes me that masks have become so politically identifying, and such a divisive issue in this Country. Strange times we are living in for sure........
See I don't understand that either, wearing a mask isn't suppose to be a political symbol.

Also even though you identify as a conservative and I don't and I'm younger than you I'm sure we have several issues we'd agree upon because I will you know actually listen to some points of view.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:30 PM 05-27-2020
See I don't understand that either, wearing a mask isn't suppose to be a political symbol.

Also even though you identify as a conservative and I don't and I'm younger than you I'm sure we have several issues we'd agree upon because I will you know actually listen to some points of view.

[Reply]
R Clark 02:30 PM 05-27-2020
Well said , if more people shared this attitude the world would be in a better place with this shit that’s going on.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:37 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Well said , if more people shared this attitude the world would be in a better place with this shit that’s going on.
I have no idea if wearing a mask helps or not, that's me being honest, the odds are it probably at worst helps a little bit. But at the same token I don't want the rona nor do I want to give it to anyone else so I'll wear one when I'm around people because I have no idea what they do. So I'll error on the side of caution with it.

I mean we wear seatbelts when we drive even though there are plenty of people that survived wrecks cause they didn't have one on.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:45 PM 05-27-2020
I don't get the political leanings with masks? I've seen people on both sides be both for them and against them. I do believe that that there is a dependency on public shaming of those who aren't always wearing a mask to a degree. I mean I have seen it on here and elsewhere from both loud mouth and educated (and both) alike. People who wear masks want to shame those who do not in various ways that largely amounts to bullshit. However there are those who won't wear a mask because "'Merica" which I think is stupid. I had a co-worker today tell me he refuses to wear a mask anywhere, will walk the wrong way down the grocery store isle, etc. and it's those people that are just mouth breathers.

I myself don't believe masks protect you like many think and don't wear them unless I am going some place that requires you to do so. I respect the rules of a business if that means wear a mask, socially distance, go one way down a store isle, etc. I have no problems with people wearing masks or not wearing masks.

What I do have a problem with is mobs shaming someone who isn't wearing a mask in s store that does not require you to wear one and the reverse, crying because you have to wear a mask in a store and you don't think you should have too.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:55 PM 05-27-2020
To be perfectly honest I have views that sway to both sides yet I get called a liberal constantly. I personally think both sides take things to completely ridiculous levels and instead of being a nation full of sensitive twats and over reactionary dumbasses maybe we can you know find a middle place.
here's the way I put it...

we're in a row-boat. one with 7.8 billion people. 3.9 billion on one side, 3.9 billion on the other.

I KNOW that it's truly not 50% right 50% left in the world, but let's go with it for the sake of the conversation...

if you have half rowing one way, half the other (hell, or even half on each side counteracting each other and going forward/back) you at best go nowhere at worst go in circles.

that's where we are. we're more similar than we are different (fuck minorities motherfucker, we're all 99.999% similar genetically no matter where the fuck you come from). we fight together. instead, nope, let's make it all partisan bullshit.

let's row together, bruh. we get further when we work together to make this shit work. it doesn't HAVE to be impossible.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:57 PM 05-27-2020
...selling a bill of goods whether it is on tv or through the schools.
I've been in academia like 67% of my life and can say with absolute certainty....

the only problem with education is that we keep cutting funding. look at the freaking stats, a better educated populace has a TON of benefits.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
here's the way I put it...

we're in a row-boat. one with 7.8 billion people. 3.9 billion on one side, 3.9 billion on the other.

I KNOW that it's truly not 50% right 50% left in the world, but let's go with it for the sake of the conversation...

if you have half rowing one way, half the other (hell, or even half on each side counteracting each other and going forward/back) you at best go nowhere at worst go in circles.

that's where we are. we're more similar than we are different (fuck minorities motherfucker, we're all 99.999% similar no matter where the fuck you come from). we fight together. instead, nope, let's make it all partisan bullshit.

let's row together, bruh. we get further when we work together to make this shit work. it doesn't HAVE to be impossible.
That all goes back to how the people who run our country have masterfully taken the eyes off the prize. They don't want a good portion of the country to realize they are getting fucked by politicians and rich people in general. They masterfully move that goal post, so now the general population is way to busy fighting with each other and focusing on their differences than noticing how badly they're getting fucked everyday.

Keep the masses fighting with each other and stroke divide and they'll be way to busy with that to ever notice how hard we fuck them as we need them to keep us rich.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:01 PM 05-27-2020
I've been in academia like 67% of my life and can say with absolute certainty....

the only problem with education is that we keep cutting funding. look at the freaking stats, a better educated populace has a TON of benefits.
well, and... administration/the other impossible tasks put in front of us. I do 5 jobs during the school year not counting coaching.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:02 PM 05-27-2020

Dumb citizens are more likely to keep showing up at their menial jobs.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:02 PM 05-27-2020
That all goes back to how the people who run our country have masterfully taken the eyes off the prize. They don't want a good portion of the country to realize they are getting fucked by politicians and rich people in general. They masterfully move that goal post, so now the general population is way to busy fighting with each other and focusing on their differences than noticing how badly they're getting fucked everyday.

Keep the masses fighting with each other and stroke divide and they'll be way to busy with that to ever notice how hard we fuck them as we need them to keep us rich.
it's rich to me that certain 'pick a number' amendment people are all up in arms that WE NEED TO KEEP THEM IN CHECK AND SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION yet we're using our uh 'right to'...

not for the bloody revolution that thomas jefferson said every generation needed... nope. to fight wearing masks.

muh rights. yeah.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:04 PM 05-27-2020
Dumb citizens are more likely to keep showing up at their menial jobs.
absolutely.

it's not black vs white.

it's rich vs poor. and it always has been.

before the french revolution it was that. civil war too.

do you think any of my freaking poor ass ancestors owned slaves? nope. but the rich fuckers that ran the states DID own slaves thus my ancestors died and suffered because they weren't the right side of the rich/poor gap
[Reply]
Mecca 03:08 PM 05-27-2020
absolutely.

it's not black vs white.

it's rich vs poor. and it always has been.
Basically, there are several things that play into this. American's by and large have been bought off with gizmos. Lots of people are fat and happy, they're getting fucked in general but they have a 65 inch 4k and a cell phone that'll rub their balls for them so why go against the grain?

Another thing that was masterfully done was how poor white people believe they are poor because of minorities. Hey newsflash you and that minority are the same fucking thing, he isn't fucking you....you are just to dumb to get it.

It's really masterful how easily the eyes have been moved and people have been manipulated into believing things that keep us divided and keep the select few in power.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:15 PM 05-27-2020
Basically, there are several things that play into this. American's by and large have been bought off with gizmos. Lots of people are fat and happy, they're getting fucked in general but they have a 65 inch 4k and a cell phone that'll rub their balls for them so why go against the grain?

Another thing that was masterfully done was how poor white people believe they are poor because of minorities. Hey newsflash you and that minority are the same fucking thing, he isn't fucking you....you are just to dumb to get it.

It's really masterful how easily the eyes have been moved and people have been manipulated into believing things that keep us divided and keep the select few in power.
nailed it. you missed my edit, but it kinda explains the south.

there is still latent racism regardless of whether a person wants to acknowledge it, and it's funny.... the freaking slaves NOR THEIR DESCENDENDS obviously have never been on top (michael jordan, oprah, lebron and a handful over 160 years notwithstanding) but... it's the black man, right bubba?

yeah. it's the guy who's way higher % likelihood to have been born in a broken home, way higher chance of going to jail, way higher chance to be killed by violent means...

you absolutely nailed it. we MADE it black/white by policies (why is marijuana illegal? richard nixon and the fact that blacks/hippies liked it, so he wanted to demonize them).

it was always rich/poor and it's hilarious and sad to me that those most affected by it (my parents are life-long hard right leaning and... live in squalor/poverty).

vote against your interests, please people. keep voting to keep the money flowing to the top. great idea.
[Reply]
Page 2256 of 3903
« First < 1256175621562206224622522253225422552256 225722582259226022662306235627563256 > Last »
Up