ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 237
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Pants 08:37 PM 03-27-2017
It's literally 2 posters polluting this thread with their utter dumbassery.

It's like putting two drops of black paint into a roller tray of white paint. Just fucking taints everything.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:34 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Didn't you see what "squeaky" did with Selfs players? Besides, anyone who can make the NCAAT at that dump is a good coach. I don't care what critics say.
Dude. Watch KSU play. They don't execute worth a fuck. At anything. He gets guys to hustle and Guys have developed there but they can't move the ball. They can't even screen right. I once watched Dean Wade jog over and not get within 5 feet of the guy he was supposed to be screening. As much has everybody hates Lucas that type of shit would drive us all crazy.

And he doesn't run a fucking set. They just dribble around and try to break guys down.

If you think Squeaky is a better game day coach than Self you don't watch KSU ball. Even KU vs KSU it's easy to see.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
The recruiting isn't a problem under Bill Self, he's had tons of talent.

This year he had the National Player of the Year(probably) in Frank Mason, a lottery pick(probably) in Josh Jackson. Graham has a great year.

He's had an All-time elite player in Andrew Wiggins.

NBA players all over the place

This year, Self finally changed from his shitty Hi-Lo offense which helped.

Personally, I don't think Self knows how to develop players to an elite level. His schemes are too rudimentary that don't fully develop players throughout the season. Maybe he doesn't know anything beyond that, i don't know. Players leave the program with tons of talent left untapped. Especially the one-and-done guys, self doesn't have any idea what to do with them.

*commence with the bashing*
Watch the rest of the games dude. Self gets his players to execute. I know you hate the weave. You've gnashed teeth over it for years. But there was a game where one damn team tried to run it and I was embarrassed for them. It was abysmal. The defense wasn't even trying to jam the cuts or anything and they could still barely get it.

Self is not perfect. But he's a million miles away from a bunch of other motherfuckers in the tournament.

Moreover rudimentary play calls weren't the problem in the Oregon game. We got looks. They just didn't go.

Regarding the hi-lo it works well if you have a scorer in the post (semien, Arthur, Aldrich, TRob). We don't so Bill changed it up. That's good coaching not bad.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:05 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Watch the rest of the games dude. Self gets his players to execute. I know you hate the weave. You've gnashed teeth over it for years. But there was a game where one damn team tried to run it and I was embarrassed for them. It was abysmal. The defense wasn't even trying to jam the cuts or anything and they could still barely get it.

Self is not perfect. But he's a million miles away from a bunch of other motherfuckers in the tournament.

Moreover rudimentary play calls weren't the problem in the Oregon game. We got looks. They just didn't go.

Regarding the hi-lo it works well if you have a scorer in the post (semien, Arthur, Aldrich, TRob). We don't so Bill changed it up. That's good coaching not bad.
Bill Self isn't a bad coach, I just don't think he's elite.

A big list of what Self does when he is given elite players. There is also a long track record of what happens when Self gets to the Tourney.

Too long to be a fluke.

FTR I'm not saying we should fire Bill Self, just that he is limited.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:09 PM 03-27-2017

A big list of what Self does when he is given elite players. There is also a long track record of what happens when Self gets to the Tourney.

Too long to be a fluke.

Do you think Roy is equally limited?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:53 PM 03-27-2017

Too long to be a fluke.

I posted this in response to PB trying to establish trend. I don't think it's statistically significant. And that's science man. It's not me being a homer, if you don't have a significant enough sample size, you can't eliminate chance.

And the other thing is that if you are going to try to identify and overriding trend, you're going to need a statistically significant sample size which I doubt you have and a respectable correlation coefficient which I'm 100% sure you don't have. Moreover, in order to make a comparison to other coaches you need them to have a statistically significant sample size and a respectable correlation coefficient of a materially different trend.

I haven't touched statistics since grad school and that was a long time ago so you're going to have to lean on someone else for the quantitative analysis. But given the timespans and the tremendous variability of tournament performance (2 1 seed and a 7 in the final four this year for instance) in pretty sure you don't have the r-square to draw the conclusion you're trying to get to.

There are too many other teams that get dumped just like we do. Nova looked like the most complete team out there and got theirs in the second round. I don't know how anyone can look at Jay Wright and say he's a limited coach.

Back to Self though, you should have watched the other tournament games. Self has KU executing as well as anyone on offense not named Puke. Some of these goofy cocksuckers will call time out on the last possession and draw up a play. Cool man, that's what you need to be doing. Only the play was dribble the clock out - go one on one - brick the terrible shot you took. It happened in at least 4 games I watched between the conference tournaments and the NCAA. You're misguided. Self isn't perfect but there isn't a guy I'd rather have ATM.
[Reply]
Pants 11:18 PM 03-27-2017
People who don't think Bill Self is a top 5 coach in the country are out of their minds.

Bill Self not an elite coach. How fucking spoiled and entitled can you get? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pants:
People who don't think Bill Self is a top 5 coach in the country are out of their minds.

Bill Self not an elite coach. How fucking spoiled and entitled can you get? :-)
It's gotta be a factor of just doesn't watch other teams play basketball. It's gotta be. Either that or can't understand what they are seeing.
[Reply]
Pants 11:22 PM 03-27-2017
I posted this in response to PB trying to establish trend. I don't think it's statistically significant. And that's science man. It's not me being a homer, if you don't have a significant enough sample size, you can't eliminate chance.

There are too many other teams that get dumped just like we do. Nova looked like the most complete team out there and got theirs in the second round. I don't know how anyone can look at Jay Wright and say he's a limited coach.

Back to Self though, you should have watched the other tournament games. Self has KU executing as well as anyone on offense not named Puke. Some of these goofy cocksuckers will call time out on the last possession and draw up a play. Cool man, that's what you need to be doing. Only the play was dribble the clock out - go one on one - brick the terrible shot you took. It happened in at least 4 games I watched between the conference tournaments and the NCAA. You're misguided. Self isn't perfect but there isn't a guy I'd rather have ATM.
You're an awesome poster, Buehler.

To your point, remember when the undefeated, historically good UK team got bounced by Wisconsin? Shit like this happens. Dominant teams lose. In every round.

MU was a dominant team the entire year when they lost to Norfolk. I mean it took a miracle comeback by KU not to lose to that MU team in the AFH.

The funny part is that there's actually a pretty good sample size of better teams losing to worse teams in the tournament. That happens every year, in every round by a lot of teams.
[Reply]
Pants 11:23 PM 03-27-2017
It's gotta be a factor of just doesn't watch other teams play basketball.
You hit the nail on the head. This is probably the single biggest reason.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:34 AM 03-28-2017
if self was in roy's shoe's now, he would have won four titles by now. this was my point about the big 12 being soft compared to coastal conferences. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:22 AM 03-28-2017
2FF in 14 years at Kansas isn't impressive at all. Oh well, Pants and Buehler can beat off about the Farmer League trophies a bit more. (Of course, Oregon woulda won it this year. And Nova last year. And....)
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 AM 03-28-2017
So he can't develop players to an elite level, while the potential Naismith POY candidate he had as a Sr this year was what, a 3 star Towson recruit coming in?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:21 AM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Do you think Roy is equally limited?
yes
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:25 AM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
So he can't develop players to an elite level, while the potential Naismith POY candidate he had as a Sr this year was what, a 3 star Towson recruit coming in?
Losing Danny Manning did hurt him though. Hasn't developed a big man since.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 237
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Up