ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 335
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
She'd be dumb to punish Tyrion. Then again...this is Dany.
Yeah. Here's an idea. If you don't want him to have to do stuff, how about you don't get abducted by savages?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:07 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Here's an idea. If you don't want him to have to do stuff, how about you don't get abducted by savages?
To be fair, he did stop the son's of the harpie and brought all of her enemys to her door... She can kill them all then move west...
[Reply]
Bowser 11:10 AM 06-13-2016
Had to read that twice. I saw "sons of the hairpie".
[Reply]
Swanman 11:11 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Jumping back to Mereen, maybe this is the perfect opportunity for Yara and the Ironborn to jump into the fray by taking on the Slaver's fleet and showing Dany they are allies to her cause....
There were two ways to go with that scene:

1) Tyrion frees Viserion and Rhaegon and they feast on roasted slavers.

2) The Greyjoy fleet shows up behind the slavers and bitchslaps them.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:14 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
RIP Tyrion as well

Shit, I should just start rooting for Ramsay
#TeamNightKing
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:29 AM 06-13-2016
Jumping back to Mereen, maybe this is the perfect opportunity for Yara and the Ironborn to jump into the fray by taking on the Slaver's fleet and showing Dany they are allies to her cause....
I would say that is nearly a given at this point. Magically the number of ships the Ironborn have and those they choose not to distroy will equal EXACTLY 1,000 and they will be sailing for Westeros by the end of episode 10.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:32 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm mostly confused by Jaqen's motivations.

Why did he claim she had finally truly become no one? Why did he seem pleased when she basically told him to go fuck himself?
Because he's a literal agent of death?

If she wants to serve the Many Faced God by killing people on her list, so be it. At least her time training as a Faceless Man taught her some humility and restraint.

Or, perhaps he has an idea (especially since she invoked her heritage as a Stark) that she's going to return to the North, which will put her in a position to fight the White Walkers... White Walkers being an affront to the Many Faced God in that they never really 'kill' anyone but rather turn corpses into wights or White Walkers themselves which aren't dead but aren't quite alive.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:33 AM 06-13-2016
Had to read that twice. I saw "sons of the hairpie".

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:44 AM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Because he's a literal agent of death?

If she wants to serve the Many Faced God by killing people on her list, so be it. At least her time training as a Faceless Man taught her some humility and restraint.

Or, perhaps he has an idea (especially since she invoked her heritage as a Stark) that she's going to return to the North, which will put her in a position to fight the White Walkers... White Walkers being an affront to the Many Faced God in that they never really 'kill' anyone but rather turn corpses into wights or White Walkers themselves which aren't dead but aren't quite alive.

Mmm. Neither of these are good enough for me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:48 AM 06-13-2016
Your choice to be a fan.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:07 PM 06-13-2016
Just doesn't make sense.

He's clearly pretty particular about who dies, not just that someone dies (except when he isn't- which is also weird).

Training to become a stealthy assassin won't do much for battling White Walkers. And I'm not even sure that they give a shit about partaking in the war for the dawn anyway.

They're a shady organization.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:18 PM 06-13-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just doesn't make sense.

He's clearly pretty particular about who dies, not just that someone dies (except when he isn't- which is also weird).

Training to become a stealthy assassin won't do much for battling White Walkers. And I'm not even sure that they give a shit about partaking in the war for the dawn anyway.

They're a shady organization.
The conclusion of EP 8 creates a braavos sized plot hole from Season 5.

Season 5 - "you must give up your possessions to become no one"

Season 6, with needle at his chest - "Ah, I see you've finally become no one".
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:20 PM 06-13-2016
The Arya storyline has been complete shit. I just have a feeling that this won't be how GRRM writes it into his story. I am almost getting this Dexter feel to the story. They do story lines for no apparent reason. Then they have characters do things that make zero sense. If they **** this all up I am going to be pissed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:35 PM 06-13-2016
I think the Arya storyline might be a result of GRRM not knowing where he's going with the storyline (he really struggled with her storyline after his plans for a five year jump fell apart).

That was a result of D&D being on their own.

I don't think it's Dexter. D&D are better than that and the overall story is still outlined by GRRM. There may be some hiccups along the way, but I still have faith in the final product. Even the best shows have weak moments at times (Skylar's character development in BB comes to mind), but these can be forgiven if the show makes a solid landing.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:49 PM 06-13-2016
well hell.....I thought it woulda been better....but thank the gods we don't have to deal with arya trying to become a faceless man anymore.

one simple addition woulda reallly made the whole episode for me. when cersei said I choose violence.....I just KNEW her next words would be....KILL THEM ALL.

damn that woulda been the shit.
I am sofa king tired of the stupid harpys. enough already.

also...to whomever posted exasperation that mountain wasn't affected by the shot to the chest....he's dead already! so....there's that!
[Reply]
Page 225 of 335
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Up