ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 270
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And here's a big reason why NE wins a ton..

That is a route they do, all the time. With no challenge at the line and DB coaches that constantly preach that inside release means inside route, shit like this is nearly indefensible now days.
This is exactly why I want Cody Thompson over Markus Kemp.

Kemp wows people with his size and straight line speed, but in reality he’s very similar to Chris Conley. Guys who are stiff and can’t move extremely well laterally are just not as valuable.

Brady always, and I mean ALWAYS, feeds off of the quick out, quick slant, quick inside hook routes. It isn’t just Edelman either. Brandin Cooks did it, Chris Hogan did it, Phillip Dorset has done it.

We have burners deep. Give me an intermediate weapon who has good lateral speed and route running ability over a stiff tall receiver.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Me, Detoxing, and Mecca are all in agreement that Kemp sucked as a gunner.

Even if he only had a few opportunities, he failed miserably. What difference does it make?
You're all wrong.

Congrats.

Again - 21 downed inside the 20 for Colquitt - that's not an insignificant number of punts downed. 5 of them went into the endzone and MAYBE a couple of those were Kemp's 'fault'. I recall two specifically where Colquitt just bombed the fucker and it landed in the end zone and I definitely recall 1 where I thought Kemp botched it.

But you guys all sound like the "well if Alex Smith's WRs didn't drop the ball" guys or the "If the DBs didn't drop those interceptions from Mahomes..." guys.

All QBs have drops by both their WRs and by the DBs. All gunners make mistakes - every damn one of them. Kemp has looked bad at times at gunner but that's just the nature of the beast out there. That job is FAR harder than it looks and nobody bats 1.000. Meanwhile the Chiefs downed nearly half of their punts inside the 20 and had a 4-1 rate vs. touchbacks.

So this idea that Kemp just went out there stumble-fucking around every time he covered a punt is just asinine and not supported by any evidence at all.

Y'all can think it all you want but it's base-level nonsense supported exclusively by immediate impressions that you refused to let go of.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 AM 08-14-2019
Just because you only remember it happening once, doesn’t mean that it did. I know for a fact that it didn’t.

Every time I saw that guy have an opportunity, he fucked up. It might not have been much, but this is the NFL and he’s a bubble guy. You have to make the most of those opportunities when you get them, especially if your value is supposedly on ST’s.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:24 AM 08-14-2019
Hopkins never drops passes
[Reply]
-King- 09:29 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is exactly why I want Cody Thompson over Markus Kemp.

Kemp wows people with his size and straight line speed, but in reality he’s very similar to Chris Conley. Guys who are stiff and can’t move extremely well laterally are just not as valuable.

Brady always, and I mean ALWAYS, feeds off of the quick out, quick slant, quick inside hook routes. It isn’t just Edelman either. Brandin Cooks did it, Chris Hogan did it, Phillip Dorset has done it.

We have burners deep. Give me an intermediate weapon who has good lateral speed and route running ability over a stiff tall receiver.
Why does any of that matter for a player who will get 3% of snaps all season on offense?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 08-14-2019
Just because you only remember it happening once, doesn’t mean that it did. I know for a fact that it didn’t.

Every time I saw that guy have an opportunity, he fucked up. It might not have been much, but this is the NFL and he’s a bubble guy. You have to make the most of those opportunities when you get them, especially if your value is supposedly on ST’s.
I'm conceding it probably happened more than once. It can't have happened more than 3 times, however. In 45 punts over 16 games.

And if you believe 'every time he had an opportunity, he fucked up' then you're just pathologically full of shit.

You're ignoring the numbers outright because you remember the couple of times he fucked up. Good for you, champ. Dude played 16 games last year after working his way up from the practice squad and you're saying he "needs to make the most of his opportunities..."

As though the guy was ever gifted a roster spot or managed to keep his role last year on sheer inertia.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right - he screwed up every chance he got but was 3rd on the team in STs snap count because of draft status and the salary cap.
[Reply]
-King- 09:31 AM 08-14-2019

So Toub didn't know what he was doing giving him the 3rd most special teams snaps in the team?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So Toub didn't know what he was doing giving him the 3rd most special teams snaps in the team?
I'm sure some people would argue that because Demetrius Harris had the most it certainly means that.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 AM 08-14-2019
I’m not saying he doesn’t, but Kemp isn’t just a gunner. I just know he was awful at that when he had his opportunities and that’s just not good enough IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:34 AM 08-14-2019
I’m not saying he doesn’t, but Kemp isn’t just a gunner. I just know he was awful at that when he had his opportunities and that’s just not good enough IMO.
But the guys they have that could replace him are likely going to be less talented and probably worse, that's the argument here.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm conceding it probably happened more than once. It can't have happened more than 3 times, however. In 45 punts over 16 games.

And if you believe 'every time he had an opportunity, he fucked up' then you're just pathologically full of shit.

You're ignoring the numbers outright because you remember the couple of times he fucked up. Good for you, champ. Dude played 16 games last year after working his way up from the practice squad and you're saying he "needs to make the most of his opportunities..."

As though the guy was ever gifted a roster spot or managed to keep his role last year on sheer inertia.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right - he screwed up every chance he got but was 3rd on the team in STs snap count because of draft status and the salary cap.
I’m talking specifically about him being a gunner and when had an opportunity to down the ball.

I can’t say how good he was otherwise as a STer.
[Reply]
-King- 09:34 AM 08-14-2019
I'm sure some people would argue that because Demetrius Harris had the most it certainly means that.
Harris was good on special teams...
[Reply]
Mecca 09:35 AM 08-14-2019
Harris was good on special teams...
I'm not going to argue that he wasn't, he was just a very disliked player.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 AM 08-14-2019
But the guys they have that could replace him are likely going to be less talented and probably worse, that's the argument here.
I’m with RunKC. I’d rather have Thompson.
[Reply]
-King- 09:37 AM 08-14-2019
I'm not going to argue that he wasn't, he was just a very disliked player.
Yeah because he dropped the ball. What does that have to do with the conversation?
[Reply]
Page 225 of 270
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Up