ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 226
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:14 AM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Thinking I’m gonna pull the trigger on the new Masterbuilt Gravity XT.

The earlier models had a great concept, but were flimsy and broke down easily. The new model seems to have addressed these concerns. People had to add mods to the previous models, and the new design basically accounts for all of these.

Anyone have one yet? Do I need to be talked out of it?
I have the 800 series and love it. I see they have a new quick starter grill but it is really new so I think I will wait on it for a little bit.

Only thing I don't like about it is putting it together....ugh. But for smoking it is awesome. I started using Red Devil charcoal as well with it.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:01 AM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s a good idea. Unfortunately I don’t have a gas grill anymore. But I still get a newspaper.
At the grocery store, when they ask paper or plastic, I ask for paper. I use one paper grocery sack, and use a multipurpose lighter to get it going.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:50 AM 06-09-2024
Thinking I’m gonna pull the trigger on the new Masterbuilt Gravity XT.

The earlier models had a great concept, but were flimsy and broke down easily. The new model seems to have addressed these concerns. People had to add mods to the previous models, and the new design basically accounts for all of these.

Anyone have one yet? Do I need to be talked out of it?
I've had a 560 for 4 years now.

Still going but I did have to replace the control board.

It's a superior cook but I am going to wait for some long term reviews on the XT. The improvements sound great but I'm still skeptical if its enough to justify the whopper price tag.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:27 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I've had a 560 for 4 years now.

Still going but I did have to replace the control board.

It's a superior cook but I am going to wait for some long term reviews on the XT. The improvements sound great but I'm still skeptical if its enough to justify the whopper price tag.
I had to sell my smoker when we moved from Austin to KC 2 years ago, and although I have a nice gas grill now at our house, I don’t have a wood grill/smoker and it’s just not the same.

I’m torn between waiting on long term reviews, as you mention, or saying eff it and just pulling the trigger. I miss it so I’m leaning towards the “eff it” approach.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:32 PM 06-09-2024
I had to sell my smoker when we moved from Austin to KC 2 years ago, and although I have a nice gas grill now at our house house, I don’t have a wood grill/smoker and it’s just not the same.

I’m torn between waiting on long term reviews, as you mention, or saying eff it and just pulling the trigger. I miss it so I’m leaning towards the “eff it” approach.
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but summer is a wastin
[Reply]
scho63 05:25 PM 06-09-2024
I'm so drunk I might just start smoking crack
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:23 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm so drunk I might just start smoking crack
And I thought Rob Ford died.

I had to sell my smoker when we moved from Austin to KC 2 years ago, and although I have a nice gas grill now at our house, I don’t have a wood grill/smoker and it’s just not the same.

If I had no grill right now I'd say fuck it and do it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:44 AM 06-23-2024
Tinkered around with a smoked bean and queso dip

I plan to make some minor changes but holy shit this is fire

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:55 AM 06-23-2024

Stop wasting time and grab the damn thing
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 06-23-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Tinkered around with a smoked bean and queso dip

I plan to make some minor changes but holy shit this is fire

You got a framework I could work off of? That looks/sounds incredible.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:39 PM 06-23-2024
Damn thing is sold out / back ordered everywhere. Signed up for text and email when they are available again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 PM 06-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Stop wasting time and grab the damn thing
What he says.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:56 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You got a framework I could work off of? That looks/sounds incredible.
Yessir

1 can refriend beans
1 package cream cheese softened
1 cup sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I stick with Monterey Jack)
1 can Rotel
1 can green chiles
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Optional:
Black olives
Green onion

Set smoker to 350F
Combine beans, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning and blend
Spread throughout aluminum pan or cast iron
Spread shredded cheese
Top with the toppings of your choice
Smoke for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly

When I do it again I'll probably leave out the Rotel and just stick with fresh chopped green chilis and tomatoes. I'd also top with Tajin to give it a little more zing. Maybe give it some more heat. Its really a blank canvas to customize to your liking.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:32 AM Yesterday
Pro tip on that recipe: Give yourself ample time the following morning. I just leveled my bathroom
[Reply]
TLO 07:44 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Learn how to cook on direct and indirect. Direct is easy for the most part. You're going hot and fast over a constant flame with you tending and flipping. This guy is a great resource for cooking on basic charcoal style grills and figuring out indirect configurations that make sense based on what you're cooking. There are a number of others I'll recommend if you like.

Buy a charcoal chimney to get your coals heated and evenly ashed over before you cook. These things are foolproof and will always produce ready to use charcoal. Buy some starters like tumbleweeds or little wax cubes if you like. You can put vegetable oil on a paper towel and get it going. Newspaper works great too. Lots of options but do it this way. DO NOT USE STARTER FLUID

Understand what your vents do. You are drawing air from the bottom and pushing out over your cooking surface. You vent from the top so personally I control the input and leave the output wide open for the most part. This is where you'll learn how to manage temp in the grill. Realize the dome is going to read about 50 degrees hotter than the grates on average.

Buy a decent thermometer, especially if you progress from grilling to trying your hand at mixing in hard woods and smoking. You can add on hard woods directly to the coals when doing burgers or chicken or whatever and get that charcoal/smoke flavor very easily.

Just spend at least $10 bucks and you'll get something decent off amazon.
I've been sticking with easy stuff like burgers and brats for the time being.

My first attempt at burgers was a failure - didn't let them cook long enough and they were way too pink. I didn't let the grill get hot enough, but I'm learning to regulate temps.

I tried again this weekend and they turned out great.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 226
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226 >
Up