ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 288
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There was nothing about that play that looked frightened. I imagine he assumed his RB should be able to get the angle on that play against a LB. Darrel Williams isn't a normal-abilitied RB.
Yeah, that wasn't as bad as being suggested.

That's a pretty typical wheel sort of route and if Williams can pull away from the LB, Mahomes puts it where he could catch it in stride and run. Yes, Kelce should've been the throw, but if it was drawn up for Williams if he's single covered, he got the look he wanted and made the throw.

Williams just didn't have the wheels to get there. Part of the problem was that he had his head turned the whole time and it slowed him up instead of just busting ass into his route and then locating the ball.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:22 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That first TD to Tyreek is a thing of beauty. He took something off that pass. That was a beautifully timed throw.
That route Tyreek ran was filthy and just flat unfair, and I loved it.
[Reply]
philfree 09:26 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, that wasn't as bad as being suggested.

That's a pretty typical wheel sort of route and if Williams can pull away from the LB, Mahomes puts it where he could catch it in stride and run. Yes, Kelce should've been the throw, but if it was drawn up for Williams if he's single covered, he got the look he wanted and made the throw.

Williams just didn't have the wheels to get there. Part of the problem was that he had his head turned the whole time and it slowed him up instead of just busting ass into his route and then locating the ball.
I'd have to watch the play again but maybe the ball should have come out a little earlier because Williams was wide open.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 11-16-2021
The throw that led me to believe Mahomes was back was the throw to Gray.

Not because the throw itself, but because he threw it at all.

For the last several weeks he's looked so unsure and tentative. I don't think he unloads that ball. I think he hitches, drops his eyes and starts looking for a way to scramble around.

His throw to Robinson on third down early in the game was another one. He got to the back of his drop, scanned, fired. He didn't hold the ball waiting for Kelce/Hill to break open. He ran the offense, found his guy and unloaded it.

It hurt and was hard to say, but the offense had a Mahomes problem for several weeks there. He just had to work through it and last night he did exactly that. The Raiders made a few things easier for him, but he played to his standards and that was the biggest difference.

I do worry that he's just never gonna have a great deep ball. As strong as his arm is, he could put the air under it for guys to adjust on it but for whatever reason he just doesn't. Favre did the same thing quite a bit - all that arm but such a flat deep ball that it has to be a perfect throw to connect and that's just asking a lot for a throw 40+ yards downfield.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'd have to watch the play again but maybe the ball should have come out a little earlier because Williams was wide open.
He had so much green in front of him and the defender's back was turned.

I think it was a fine play, Williams is just slow. If that's McKinnon or CEH, it's probably a 20 yard pitch/catch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 11-16-2021
I do worry that he's just never gonna have a great deep ball. As strong as his arm is, he could put the air under it for guys to adjust on it but for whatever reason he just doesn't. Favre did the same thing quite a bit - all that arm but such a flat deep ball that it has to be a perfect throw to connect and that's just asking a lot for a throw 40+ yards downfield.
I've always thought this was an issue for Pat. He lacks touch and accuracy on his deep ball.

I feel like Brady's gotten better on the deep ball with age (and the rule changes). That fucker just rainbows all of his deep balls now. 9 times out of 10 the DB will panic and commit a DPI or your WR will just track the ball better and make the catch. Perhaps Mahomes will learn over time as well, but I highly doubt his deep ball will ever be as beautiful as Russell Wilson's.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 11-16-2021

For the last several weeks he's looked so unsure and tentative. I don't think he unloads that ball. I think he hitches, drops his eyes and starts looking for a way to scramble around.

His throw to Robinson on third down early in the game was another one. He got to the back of his drop, scanned, fired. He didn't hold the ball waiting for Kelce/Hill to break open. He ran the offense, found his guy and unloaded it.

It hurt and was hard to say, but the offense had a Mahomes problem for several weeks there. He just had to work through it and last night he did exactly that. The Raiders made a few things easier for him, but he played to his standards and that was the biggest difference.

Everything is such on a line.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM 11-16-2021
That play was rushed. The clock was winding down and Mahomes and the offense weren't quite ready for the snap.

The fact that wasn't a bumblefuck turnover spoke volumes to me.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:22 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It worked out but the wide open receiver at the 20 was the better decision and easier throw.
Agreed. I love that the play succeeded... but had that ended up an INT, people everywhere would have lost their shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It worked out but the wide open receiver at the 20 was the better decision and easier throw.
I don't think the problem there was the decision, it was the execution.

Williams was really open if Mahomes puts that in the back corner of the end zone. It was the underthrow that created the contested catch.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:47 AM 11-16-2021
I don't think the problem there was the decision, it was the execution.

Williams was really open if Mahomes puts that in the back corner of the end zone. It was the underthrow that created the contested catch.
yeah it looked like he would have been able to throw that from a better platform but it was still riskier throw, when pressing the LOS you should be looking at the space being vacated by the LBS/S coming up , that area of the field was right in front of him when he left the pocket he had to look away from it to find williams and then make a deep throw across your body off the back foot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:07 PM 11-16-2021

I agree, but that deep ball to Reek was literally an inch off. Given everything happening in that play and the myriad physics involved, the amount by which he missed is, literally, negligible (even if the outcome wasn't). Several of his other misses have been similar, albeit with other dudes running different speeds. Could he make life easier on himself and put more air under it, thus allowing for a greater epsilon of error? Absolutely? Would that still be Pat? I'm not sure it is at this point in time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:20 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I agree, but that deep ball to Reek was literally an inch off. Given everything happening in that play and the myriad physics involved, the amount by which he missed is, literally, negligible (even if the outcome wasn't). Several of his other misses have been similar, albeit with other dudes running different speeds. Could he make life easier on himself and put more air under it, thus allowing for a greater epsilon of error? Absolutely? Would that still be Pat? I'm not sure it is at this point in time.
Are you talking about the deep throw right that was overthrown or the semi-deep ball left that Tyreek caught? That semi-deep ball wowed me, because he dropped it into a tiny bucket. Any longer and Tyreek would've caught it out of bounds, and any shorter and Tyreek would've had to turn around. I thought that throw was his best of the day by far.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:22 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Are you talking about the deep throw right that was overthrown or the semi-deep ball left that Tyreek caught? That semi-deep ball wowed me, because he dropped it into a tiny bucket. Any longer and Tyreek would've caught it out of bounds, and any shorter and Tyreek would've had to turn around. I thought that throw was his best of the day by far.
I believe it was deep to the right. Would have been a difficult catch either way, but I love that they attempted it.

Again, "overthrown" is a relative term here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:23 PM 11-16-2021
Pringle seems to have had 3-4 opportunities for deep TDs Patrick has missed him on.

I wish they'd get in sync because he's always way more open than Hardman is despite being way slower.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 288
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275 > Last »
Up