ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 328
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:46 PM 07-28-2018
Yup. They played very well in the double header today. Mondesi looked great. Salvy is locked in. Herrera had some good AB’s. Pitching was pretty solid overall. Sparkman did a hell of a job coming in the 8th. Bases loaded, nobody out. He only gives up one on a sac fly.

Impressive day from some of the newer guys . . . .
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:47 PM 07-28-2018
Matias hit #30 tonight, and is hitting over .300 his past 10 games. I hope he can keep it up.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:55 PM 07-28-2018
What's up with Gigliotti? He seems pretty old for his level but has absolutely dominated the league. Why hasn't he been advanced?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:04 PM 07-28-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What's up with Gigliotti? He seems pretty old for his level but has absolutely dominated the league. Why hasn't he been advanced?
I'm pretty sure he's out for the year with an injury.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:46 PM 07-28-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Pretty sure he tore his ACL. He was doin' fine before then in limited at bats. He's one of our guys I'm the highest on. Doesn't have a chance to be elite, but really think he could be a solid 3-4 WAR guy at his peak in MLB.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:53 PM 07-28-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Pretty sure he tore his ACL. He was doin' fine before then in limited at bats. He's one of our guys I'm the highest on. Doesn't have a chance to be elite, but really think he could be a solid 3-4 WAR guy at his peak in MLB.
Yeah I just saw that. Damn that sucks. It would have been nice to have him advance this year.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:59 AM 07-29-2018
GMDM owned this trade

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:23 PM 07-29-2018
Phillips starting in RF today.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:33 PM 07-29-2018
Hell of a catch for Phillips.
[Reply]
Canofbier 12:37 PM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Phillips starting in RF today.
I like the guy already, killer arm/defense aside - his interview with Goldberg was hilarious. Would be great if he sticks on the team!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:43 PM 07-29-2018
We have a ton of OFs. If we look ar next year who is competing out there: Gordon, Bonifacio, Soler (although prob the DH), Phillips, Herrera, Goodwin, Orlando (prob DFA), Starling & Hernandez (both elite defensively), Billy Burns, Donnie Deewees, maybe even Frank Scwindel but hes AAAA.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:03 PM 07-29-2018
We have a ton of OFs. If we look ar next year who is competing out there: Gordon, Bonifacio, Soler (although prob the DH), Phillips, Herrera, Goodwin, Orlando (prob DFA), Starling & Hernandez (both elite defensively), Billy Burns, Donnie Deewees, maybe even Frank Scwindel but hes AAAA.
Ey Duncan.

If the Royals are repeating this same shitburger of a season next year, does Soler get moved assumin he's playing near his presumed ceiling?
[Reply]
tk13 02:22 PM 07-29-2018
Braves pitcher Sean Newcomb just lost a no hitter with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the 9th. Brutal. Threw 134 pitches. Don't see that too much these days. He's probably going to feel it tomorrow.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:10 PM 07-29-2018
Kyle Isbel. Our most recent third rounder. Tell me about this kid? He's hit the ground running. Only 21. I like when I see kids come to the minors early, and NOT SUCK. The great ones almost NEVER suck in the minors. They dominate from day 1.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:55 PM 07-29-2018
Kyle Isbel. Our most recent third rounder. Tell me about this kid? He's hit the ground running. Only 21. I like when I see kids come to the minors early, and NOT SUCK. The great ones almost NEVER suck in the minors. They dominate from day 1.

He’s got some Jason Kipnis to him. Plays really hard. Good approach, solid speed and pop.

Not sure if he’s a 2B or LF long term.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 328
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up