ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 334
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Swanman 11:15 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
:-) I read about that. In this age drawing heat is an artform. Daniel Bryan is as good as they come at it but the whole Becky Lynch angle proved to me you can't just pick bad guys anymore. It has to be talent that does it. MJF will get better in ring with experience. Those mic plugs are huge. I love a good bad guy and the Lt Dan thing is ****ing hilarious!
A couple of apt comparisons for his mic work are a non-PG Miz and a young Jericho. He is already great at portraying the chickenshit heel. During the belt unveiling, he came down talking trash to Hangman and was surrounded by Hangman, Jimmy Havoc and Jungle Boy and immediately tried talking his way out of it. Was great stuff all around from him.

Speaking of Havoc, JR made me laugh when he said Havoc looked like a walking deathmatch. Excalibur immediately responded with, "well, he is".
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:51 AM 05-26-2019
I only found out about this new era today, have watched about 1.5 hours of video, plus the pre show, and tell ya what...

it's got a chance.

haven't seen the double or nothing ticket, but...

it's where tna went wrong, they got it right.

we'll see how moxley compares to austin in a couple years :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:21 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Wow.
You can laugh that's fine, I'm just being honest though. In 2019 I won't pay 50 dollars to watch h anything, that's a dumbass price point that is completely out of touch. It's not an AEW thing either as I wouldn't pay that for WWE/UFC etc etc.
[Reply]
TLO 10:21 AM 05-26-2019
Moxley is garbage and so is AEW. People paid $50 to watch this shit? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:26 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You can laugh that's fine, I'm just being honest though. In 2019 I won't pay 50 dollars to watch h anything, that's a dumbass price point that is completely out of touch. It's not an AEW thing either as I wouldn't pay that for WWE/UFC etc etc.
I was more laughing at your whining about them killing the streams. You don't want to pay the $50? That's fine. I sure as fuck didn't. Don't fucking cry like a bitch when they take down the streams. They don't want your support anyway.
[Reply]
TLO 10:39 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Moxley is garbage and so is AEW. People paid $50 to watch this shit? :-)
Actually I have no idea. This might be the best thing to happen to wrestling since WCW was in its prime.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:24 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Actually I have no idea. This might be the best thing to happen to wrestling since WCW was in its prime.
Competition is always a good thing.
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:18 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I am going have to agree with you on this.

Their model is not sustainable to their veiwerbase. They really should have thought about that more.

The average viewer (or at least the "NEW" audience they are trying to pull outside of the smart marks) is NOT going to spend 9.99 plus $50 every time they have a pay per view.

So the viewer pays $120 year for Bleacher Reports streaming platform (seriously I didn't even know existed until AEW paired with them.) then on top of that pays 50 per event. So if AEW has 6 of these in a year that's 120 + 300. $420 to watch AEW in a year.

That's an absolutely ridiculous pricing model to the middle income families which I assume make up at least 40% of their demo.

That model will crash and burn. It's not realistic in this current 2019 age of streaming.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:46 PM 05-26-2019
I'm gonna watch them on TNT but there's now way I'm paying for PPV's. Just can't afford it.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 03:37 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
A couple of apt comparisons for his mic work are a non-PG Miz and a young Jericho. He is already great at portraying the chickenshit heel. During the belt unveiling, he came down talking trash to Hangman and was surrounded by Hangman, Jimmy Havoc and Jungle Boy and immediately tried talking his way out of it. Was great stuff all around from him.

Speaking of Havoc, JR made me laugh when he said Havoc looked like a walking deathmatch. Excalibur immediately responded with, "well, he is".
I've watched a ton of footage now. I LOVE MJF. He's great and only going to get better.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:58 PM 05-26-2019
I hope they do well I just also hope they figure out something with their pricing or they are going to Lise out on a lot of business.
[Reply]
Swanman 04:09 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I've watched a ton of footage now. I LOVE MJF. He's great and only going to get better.
I have a subscription to Highspots and one of the main indies it streams is CZW. MJF really honed his craft in CZW. He and Joey Janela had a nice little program with each other. If you don't mind the 10 bucks a month, Highspots is a great deal as you get tons of shows from CZW, PWG (althought a little lagged in time), WxW, AAW, RevPro, etc.

Another thing that AEW has that is unique is a nice little stable of deathmatch wrestlers, the biggest 3 right now being Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela and Jon Moxley. I doubt Moxley does a bunch of real hardcore matches but I would not be at all surprised if he did some short programs with Havoc and/or Janela. Some of his best work before going to WWE was in CZW where it was mostly deathmatch stuff.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:56 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
I am going have to agree with you on this.

Their model is not sustainable to their veiwerbase. They really should have thought about that more.

The average viewer (or at least the "NEW" audience they are trying to pull outside of the smart marks) is NOT going to spend 9.99 plus $50 every time they have a pay per view.

So the viewer pays $120 year for Bleacher Reports streaming platform (seriously I didn't even know existed until AEW paired with them.) then on top of that pays 50 per event. So if AEW has 6 of these in a year that's 120 + 300. $420 to watch AEW in a year.

That's an absolutely ridiculous pricing model to the middle income families which I assume make up at least 40% of their demo.

That model will crash and burn. It's not realistic in this current 2019 age of streaming.
Totally disagree. If they build a strong enough product and not over saturate the PPV's like Vince did and build out the undercard well when the weekly TV begins, they can make it profitable.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:58 PM 05-26-2019
There's a certain section of fans that'll pay the price no matter what. Guessing they're betting on that number being pretty high. We'll find out here shortly.
[Reply]
Joshuabmayer 06:23 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Totally disagree. If they build a strong enough product and not over saturate the PPV's like Vince did and build out the undercard well when the weekly TV begins, they can make it profitable.
I just saw a post-match video and Cody Rhodes said he knows it is hard to have people give up $50 and they will NOT have PPV's every month like WWE does. They know its hard to give up that kind of money but if the product is anything like last night I will have no problem doing that say once every 2-3 months.

I though I was a wrestling nerd but I maybe knew less than half the performers but damn that beats anything ive seen in a long time.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 334
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up