ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 452
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Hall of Classics>EPIC FAIL......and other stuff that makes you laugh
ChiefsFanatic 06:32 PM 06-16-2008
Old thread is archived here.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185997

I have seen these in various threads, so I thought we should just put them all together. There are really funny pics out there.
Fish 12:19 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I love and eat meat and this is not me trying to make a political statement. The fail here is really the sick bastards that they have working at these places. You just know they find some satisfaction in their actions.

It's hard to really put this in to perspective for people who've never raised animals for slaughter or been inside a slaughter house. But this is really pretty common and isn't limited to Walmart producers by any means. I hate Walmart for many reasons, but the only relationship they have with the producers they get meat from is strictly a business source. It's nice to think that Walmart should care about the treatment of the animals from which their meat came from. But they don't give a shit, they simply care about cost. No differently than their customers. Which is why this is the way it is.

The treatment of the animals in the video is dramatically exaggerated to sound worse than it is. Sows aren't confined to gestation crates for their entire lives. But lots of piglets do die. And it can't really be prevented in most cases. Yes, piglets are neutered without anesthetic. But it wouldn't really be cost effective to do anything differently. And it's not that much different than a doctor performing a circumcision on a baby boy without anesthetic. Most of us guys went through that. Also, I'd venture to guess that if anyone reading this would actually work with animals like that for a few weeks, you'd be cussing and smacking them too. People don't realize how tough and stubborn these animals are.

This is where our food comes from. It's as simple as that. This is how it's been for decades. I know that they list a bunch of big companies that say they're committed to ending the use of gestation crates and such. But that's all feel good bullshit to placate the public. They only care about the bottom dollar, and this is how food is produced as cheaply as it currently is.

The public is not willing to pay the prices for meat that would be necessary to allow producers to expand their facilities to reduce crowding. It's as simple as that. Despite videos like this pulling on the heart strings, this practice will continue, because bacon is tasty and people demand cheap food.
SuperChief 12:25 PM 10-30-2013
I love and eat meat and this is not me trying to make a political statement. The fail here is really the sick bastards that they have working at these places. You just know they find some satisfaction in their actions.

Why in Jeebus' fucking name did I watch even a portion of that. Fucking disgrace.
frankotank 12:49 PM 10-30-2013
listen to one of the guys....I think Matt Lauer.....say "that's the most confusing video of all time".
WHAT?
nothing at all confusing here. get the **** out of the way. the end.

frankotank 12:53 PM 10-30-2013
hmm....I think this is just bad D.
by the way....my son is a senior in high school and his team finished the regular season 9-0! on to districts. I think they'd have stopped this.....

kepp 01:10 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
hmm....I think this is just bad D.
by the way....my son is a senior in high school and his team finished the regular season 9-0! on to districts. I think they'd have stopped this.....

Our women's bball coach in high school had a similar type of inbounds play that he'd pull out once a year or so. A couple of the girls would roll around in one corner of the court while another would sprint to the other side to receive a long pass. I'm pretty sure it always worked.
Fish 01:54 PM 10-30-2013
Skate or Die pigs!

The Broadway Bomb is a longboarding race held every year through the streets of Manhattan. The event was founded in October 2000 with an initial set of fourteen competitors. After growing in size every year, by 2012 more than 1,900 riders were registered to compete.

The event is unsanctioned by the City of New York, meaning that the race takes place in ordinary city traffic with no organized protection for riders, vehicles or pedestrians.

When participation reached thousands of riders in 2012, the New York Supreme Court granted an injunction declaring the race unlawful. Since that time the New York City Police Department has deployed in force to prevent or disrupt the event.

The element of danger involved with unsanctioned street racing is reflected in the race's slogan, You Could Die.
ThaVirus 01:59 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's hard to really put this in to perspective for people who've never raised animals for slaughter or been inside a slaughter house. But this is really pretty common and isn't limited to Walmart producers by any means. I hate Walmart for many reasons, but the only relationship they have with the producers they get meat from is strictly a business source. It's nice to think that Walmart should care about the treatment of the animals from which their meat came from. But they don't give a shit, they simply care about cost. No differently than their customers. Which is why this is the way it is.

The treatment of the animals in the video is dramatically exaggerated to sound worse than it is. Sows aren't confined to gestation crates for their entire lives. But lots of piglets do die. And it can't really be prevented in most cases. Yes, piglets are neutered without anesthetic. But it wouldn't really be cost effective to do anything differently. And it's not that much different than a doctor performing a circumcision on a baby boy without anesthetic. Most of us guys went through that. Also, I'd venture to guess that if anyone reading this would actually work with animals like that for a few weeks, you'd be cussing and smacking them too. People don't realize how tough and stubborn these animals are.

This is where our food comes from. It's as simple as that. This is how it's been for decades. I know that they list a bunch of big companies that say they're committed to ending the use of gestation crates and such. But that's all feel good bullshit to placate the public. They only care about the bottom dollar, and this is how food is produced as cheaply as it currently is.

The public is not willing to pay the prices for meat that would be necessary to allow producers to expand their facilities to reduce crowding. It's as simple as that. Despite videos like this pulling on the heart strings, this practice will continue, because bacon is tasty and people demand cheap food.
I'll have to take your word for it. I'm sure you can imagine, from the outside looking in, it looks really bad.
Fish 02:43 PM 10-30-2013
I'll have to take your word for it. I'm sure you can imagine, from the outside looking in, it looks really bad.
Ohh absolutely. I can totally understand how it would look to someone who's only experience with meat production is seeing plastic wrapped meat in the grocery store. And the really scary thing.... what you're seeing here is infinitely better than the way it was in the past. There used to be no regulations or requirements for production.
Valiant 08:03 PM 10-30-2013

I hate walmart, but why not go after the pig company instead.

You could do this video about almost any product.
Dave Lane 08:53 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-)
I'm a MP geek...but apparently not enough of one, because I've never seen that :-)

kick ass.
Yeah me either I was thinking that very thought I thought I'd seen every last thing that they had ever done
pr_capone 11:46 PM 10-30-2013

Dayze 11:49 PM 10-30-2013
premature ejection
pr_capone 11:51 PM 10-30-2013

Dayze 11:52 PM 10-30-2013
:-)

awesome sauce.
pr_capone 12:10 AM 10-31-2013

Page 223 of 452
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273323 > Last »
Up