ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2229 of 3903
« First < 1229172921292179221922252226222722282229 223022312232223322392279232927293229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:55 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It has been a complete failure of leadership from the get go.
Well I mean not everywhere...... Mainly in select states with idiots in charge.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:03 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Well I mean not everywhere...... Mainly in select states with idiots in charge.

There have been many leadership failures starting at the federal level, WHO, all the way down to the state and local level. When you have 100k+ in deaths no one escapes blame.
[Reply]
Donger 02:06 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It was retarded from the start, exactly how close do boats get in the water?

[Reply]
Spott 02:06 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I saw an article (sorry, can't find a link) that said that air travel is up to about 20 percent of normal now, whereas it was at 5 percent of normal the previous month. And hotels doubled their occupancy rate this month too, though I think they said the occupancy is still only around 30 percent.
I just flew last weekend and the plane was completely full, although the airport was definitely much slower than normal. What seems odd is that TSA was literally searching everyone’s bags as if they were expecting some sort of terrorist attack. Even the precheck travelers were being forced to take their shoes off and take everything out of their bags. I’m guessing because they have slowed down they are going the extra mile and make sure that flyers aren’t trying to sneak too much toothpaste on the plane.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:11 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I just flew last weekend and the plane was completely full, although the airport was definitely much slower than normal. What seems odd is that TSA was literally searching everyone’s bags as if they were expecting some sort of terrorist attack. Even the precheck travelers were being forced to take their shoes off and take everything out of their bags. I’m guessing because they have slowed down they are going the extra mile and make sure that flyers aren’t trying to sneak too much toothpaste on the plane.
What's the point of TSA Pre then?
[Reply]
jdubya 02:23 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
There have been many leadership failures starting at the federal level, WHO, all the way down to the state and local level. When you have 100k+ in deaths no one escapes blame.
Lets start with the CCP for BLAME...........after that we can figure out what worked well, what didnt and what was insanity and what was/is unconstitutional
[Reply]
jdubya 02:30 PM 05-26-2020
Wow....King Newsome is letting Ca open somewhat

https://patch.com/california/lamorin...campaign=alert
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:51 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Wow....King Newsome is letting Ca open somewhat

https://patch.com/california/lamorin...campaign=alert
im in Cali and we been opening for a few weeks. It all depends what county you live in.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:30 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Just so I understand your POV....

Your take is, no matter the geography or where the outbreaks are occurring, there should be standardized rules for masking up when out and about during C & F season?
So I'm generally against the governments ability to mandate most things except in times of wartime and disaster. Covid-19 is close enough to be considered a national disaster. I don't think it would be unreasonable for governments to mandate such things. I believe this decision is best left to the states to decide but if said war or disaster is significant enough federal government intervention is needed. My personal thoughts are different than what I believe a government should be able to do. I think it is completely ignorant for people to pack themselves into tight confines right now, but if a state's government thinks that is the best thing to do to allow it then so be it.

There is grey and nuance in much of this. Had this virus been as deadly as Ebola and as contagious as Covid-19 would you not agree the government should have the ability to mandate certain social distancing guidelines and masks? If no, then why are you okay with sending people to war against their will?

Wearing a mask is such an easy, cost effective and simple strategy that it does not cause undue hardships to anyone. In World War 2 and Vietnam they mandated certain citizens to go to war and that was perfectly acceptable. But requiring people to wear a mask is overstepping the boundaries?

Go back and look at the War Powers Act of 1941 for WW2 and see what things were implemented there. Compare that to now. We have it good my friends. What you are being asked to do is not unreasonable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:38 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
im in Cali and we been opening for a few weeks. It all depends what county you live in.
Unfortunately, Los Angeles and San Fran remain under lockdown until August and Newsom still says no fans at sporting events until there's a vaccine.
[Reply]
wazu 03:44 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Unfortunately, Los Angeles and San Fran remain under lockdown until August and Newsom still says no fans at sporting events until there's a vaccine.
So no change for the Chargers.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:52 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Lets start with the CCP for BLAME...........after that we can figure out what worked well, what didnt and what was insanity and what was/is unconstitutional

Absolutely China deserves #1 blame.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:03 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Assuming there is one....
[Reply]
TLO 04:06 PM 05-26-2020
Coming in at under 700 deaths on Worldomoters again today?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:07 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Assuming there is one....
So Pete, what do you want to bet there will be a vaccine? (I'll keep trying to reinforce reasonable thought by offering wagers)
[Reply]
Page 2229 of 3903
« First < 1229172921292179221922252226222722282229 223022312232223322392279232927293229 > Last »
Up