Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
So Todd Bowles come on down??
Let's get innovative instead.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:39 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Let's get innovative instead.
This.

Ben Bloom, or Brandon Staley, the Bears LB coach.

I'd take Kris Richard, the Dallas DB coach...

Anyone off the Ravens staff...
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:39 PM 12-23-2018
Sutton retiring? My dick is already struggling to make it an entire season with Mahomes. I mean the blisters. Is there a salve that can handle news like that?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:41 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Sutton retiring? My dick is already struggling to make it an entire season with Mahomes. I mean the blisters. Is there a salve that can handle news like that?
Don't be a pussy. Spit on it, and if the blisters break, that's just more juicy lube. The pain makes it real.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:15 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wouldn't kid around about this.

Same source who said Pioli was gone.
Did your source add anything about why they waited so long to do it, when the rest of us knew it two years ago? And why they're not doing it right now instead of waiting until then end of what might very-well be a year where this defense is why we don't go to the SB?

Asking for a spirit friend..
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:26 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Did your source add anything about why they waited so long to do it, when the rest of us knew it two years ago? And why they're not doing it right now instead of waiting until then end of what might very-well be a year where this defense is why we don't go to the SB?

Asking for a spirit friend..
probably because they had a top 10 defense 3 years ago when they didnt have key players injured all season?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:30 PM 12-23-2018
I've got no issues with that if Bailey doesn't want a ton of money. I think Kpass is still a possible piece.

I too would let Ford walk, he doesn't fit in a 4-3 except as a situational pass rusher and that's too much money to invest in that role. You could sign a top tier CB for that; or a top tier S and a 2nd tier corner for what he would cost.
I hate the idea of letting Ford walk. I fully understand not wanting to commit to him long term, but I think it would be a mistake to not franchise him, to not retain an option of franchishing him again in the future (if he recreates this season or better), and to walk away because you don’t want to commit to one season’s franchise salary. Our pass rush is the only thing above average on our defense and Ford has been the key player in that respect. Jones has had an amazing season but Ford has been the consistent force off the end.
[Reply]
Coach 05:33 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I hate the idea of letting Ford walk. I fully understand not wanting to commit to him long term, but I think it would be a mistake to not franchise him, to not retain an option of franchishing him again in the future (if he recreates this season or better), and to walk away because you don’t want to commit to one season’s franchise salary. Our pass rush is the only thing above average on our defense and Ford has been the key player in that respect. Jones has had an amazing season but Ford has been the consistent force off the end.
I agree. I initially was on the boat of letting him walk after this season, but after seeing him play, I have moved away from that, and now firmly in the "franchise tag" boat with him.

I want him to repeat that success again before I would consider a long term contract, if I was a GM. I am not comfortable handing out a big contract to a guy who has a history of injuries and potentially back issues, but that is just me.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:35 PM 12-23-2018
I've got no issues with that if Bailey doesn't want a ton of money. I think Kpass is still a possible piece.

I too would let Ford walk, he doesn't fit in a 4-3 except as a situational pass rusher and that's too much money to invest in that role. You could sign a top tier CB for that; or a top tier S and a 2nd tier corner for what he would cost.
Ford was a wide 9 in auburns even front. If anything, Ford and Houston would be your ends with nnadi and jones at 1/3 techs. If you want to run a reduced front, Houston is strong enough to reduce down and be covered by someone like DoD. Problem is hichens and ragland suck in coverage.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:35 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
I agree. I initially was on the boat of letting him walk after this season, but after seeing him play, I have moved away from that, and now firmly in the "franchise tag" boat with him.

I want him to repeat that success again before I would consider a long term contract, if I was a GM. I am not comfortable handing out a big contract to a guy who has a history of injuries and potentially back issues, but that is just me.
Totally. And we’re kinda a SB contender this year and next so, well, GO FOR IT. Imagine if Berry is back in his old form and we draft some defensive players who contribute immediately. And if we just add that to this year’s team.

We’d be undefeated. That’s not an exaggeration.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:39 PM 12-23-2018
Crazy to think that Bob Sutton and Pete Carroll are the same age.

Carroll looks like he could coach another 10 years, while Sutton has that perennially lost in the Depends aisle look on his face.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:42 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You have to stay 3-4 if you keep Ford. He's really only a situational pass rusher in a 4-3, and the franchise money is too much in that case.

If we stay 3-4 I'm not opposed although I think I'd rather move to a 4-3 as I think we have a few pieces that would fare better in that alignment than 3-4, namely Speaks and Kpass. Also, it helps your ILB's, so you would have, say, Speaks, Kpass, O'Daniel, and Hitchens all helped by the 4-3 or you stay in a 3-4 and commit $15m plus to Ford and have the same issues with your LB corps.

shrug.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:53 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
probably because they had a top 10 defense 3 years ago when they didnt have key players injured all season?

[Reply]
Page 222 of 298
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272 > Last »
Up