ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 222 of 268
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
temper11 11:33 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
But why can't the First Order just hyperspace a little ahead and eradicate the Resistance?

I liked the idea that someone posted here was supposed to be in it (that they were leaving them at a distance on purpose to draw in other rebels)...just wish it was actually in the movie.
I don't know other than to say I've never seen hyper space work that way over short distances. It hasn't been introduced in the SW universe so the lack of it happening here doesnt make me question it. The biggest example, IMO, of this is the introduction of suicide hyper jumping. Why haven't we seen that before if it's always been possible? But i really think of you start questioning this stuff too much you'll never be able to enjoy anything in star wars. But everyone has there threshold...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by temper11:
I don't know other than to say I've never seen hyper space work that way over short distances. It hasn't been introduced in the SW universe so the lack of it happening here doesnt make me question it. The biggest example, IMO, of this is the introduction of suicide hyper jumping. Why haven't we seen that before if it's always been possible? But i really think of you start questioning this stuff too much you'll never be able to enjoy anything in star wars. But everyone has there threshold...
You’ve once again missed the point, which is your normal, regardless of subject
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:37 AM 01-12-2018
I think in 10 years, TLJ will be viewed as one of the best Star Wars movies in the franchise. Nearly everyone who's watched it multiple times, like it better and better with each viewing. And that's both the people that loved it as well as those who hated it after the first viewing, including many here on CP, reviewers on you tube, everyone in my circle of friends, etc. Similar response to ESB. Better each time regardless of your initial reaction. The only exception to that for me personally is the "save the space horses" scene.
Not likely
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:06 AM 01-12-2018
I think in 10 years, TLJ will be viewed as one of the best Star Wars movies in the franchise. Nearly everyone who's watched it multiple times, like it better and better with each viewing. And that's both the people that loved it as well as those who hated it after the first viewing, including many here on CP, reviewers on you tube, everyone in my circle of friends, etc. Similar response to ESB. Better each time regardless of your initial reaction. The only exception to that for me personally is the "save the space horses" scene.

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:47 AM 01-12-2018
I've seen this sentiment in multiple places and it really wouldn't surprise me, either. I was too young to really remember it, but I'm told Empire was kind of the same. People were divided about it. Many said it was terrible, that it was too different from Star Wars. And now it's fairly universally regarded as the best one.

I'm not saying the exact same thing will happen with TLJ. It's a different time. But it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I think at the very least there will be a mellowing. Once there are other Star Wars films and Ep 9 gives more total context to the trilogy overall, I think people will settle about it. And that's on both sides.
[Reply]
temper11 10:02 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You’ve once again missed the point, which is your normal, regardless of subject
And you have demonstrated that you can't communicate in an internet chat room without being a total dick -
regardless of subject, which is your normal.
[Reply]
temper11 10:04 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I've seen this sentiment in multiple places and it really wouldn't surprise me, either. I was too young to really remember it, but I'm told Empire was kind of the same. People were divided about it. Many said it was terrible, that it was too different from Star Wars. And now it's fairly universally regarded as the best one.

I'm not saying the exact same thing will happen with TLJ. It's a different time. But it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I think at the very least there will be a mellowing. Once there are other Star Wars films and Ep 9 gives more total context to the trilogy overall, I think people will settle about it. And that's on both sides.
Agreed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:23 AM 01-12-2018
And you have demonstrated that you can't communicate in an internet chat room without being a total dick -
regardless of subject, which is your normal.
Who have I been a "dick" to, huh?

You're the guy that's dismissing people's opinions, not me, which I highlighted in my quote.

You're a child. Go back to the 49ers forum where you belong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 01-12-2018
Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, Disney...just to name a few. Fuck you!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
But why can't the First Order just hyperspace a little ahead and eradicate the Resistance?

I liked the idea that someone posted here was supposed to be in it (that they were leaving them at a distance on purpose to draw in other rebels)...just wish it was actually in the movie.
Why didn't 100 or more drones "hyperspace" into the Death Star or the Starkiller?

Why didn't a few drones "hyperspace into" the shield gate mechanism on Scarif?

Why didn't one hundred drones "hyperspace into" the second Death Star, especially if they knew Emperor was on board?

If the solution to destroying a huge object is just to set a path in which to hyperspace into said object, the Empire wouldn't take the time to build planet killing machines, which would basically nullify the OT and Rogue One.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, Disney...just to name a few. Fuck you!
:-)
[Reply]
temper11 10:32 AM 01-12-2018

You're the guy that's dismissing people's opinions, not me, which I highlighted in my quote.

You're a child. Go back to the 49ers forum where you belong.
I didn't dismiss anyone's opinion. I respectfully disagreed that close range hyper space jumping, or rather the lack of it, was not a plot whole for me and why. That's how you have a normal conversation. I didn't say he was wrong, i didn't say he was dumb, i didn't say he should leave the conversation because his opinion is different than mine. That would be a dick move and is what you do in almost every post that doesn't align with your view.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:32 AM 01-12-2018
That's revisionist history. I was 14 years old when The Empire Strikes Back was released and I didn't know of a single person that didn't absolutely love that film.

It's still my favorite in the series to this day.

Speculation, based on your feelings on the film.

More speculations, based on your feelings of the film.
[Reply]
temper11 10:36 AM 01-12-2018
Why didn't 100 or more drones "hyperspace" into the Death Star or the Starkiller?

Why didn't a few drones "hyperspace into" the shield gate mechanism on Scarif?

Why didn't one hundred drones "hyperspace into" the second Death Star, especially if they knew Emperor was on board?

If the solution to destroying a huge object is just to set a path in which to hyperspace into said object, the Empire wouldn't take the time to build planet killing machines, which would basically nullify the OT and Rogue One.
Right. This is a plot whole for me. I hate agreeing with you, but this is a problem for me. I've chosen to let it go, but as I said before, everyone has their threshold.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:36 AM 01-12-2018
I didn't dismiss anyone's opinion. I respectfully disagreed that close range hyper space jumping, or rather the lack of it, was not a plot whole for me and why. That's how you have a normal conversation. I didn't say he was wrong, i didn't say he was dumb, i didn't say he should leave the conversation because his opinion is different than mine. That would be a dick move and is what you do in almost every post that doesn't align with your view.
RINGLEADER and I have already pointed out that it's a massive "plot hole".

If a ship can hyperspace into a large ship or space station and destroy it, why is there an ongoing war? Hyperspace drones could quickly and easily destroy said space craft or planet killer, thus wiping out the need for Star Wars movies.

Major: "Sir, we've detected a massive object the size of a small moon that could destroy this planet"

General: "Send in the Hyperspace Drones and destroy it".

Major: "General, massive object destroyed".

General: "Awesome opossum".

End credits.
[Reply]
Page 222 of 268
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232 > Last »
Up