ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 222 of 367
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Glad you like it, man.

The day I finally get rid of the last piece of shit that has a goddamned carburetor or motherfucking POINTS, I will dance a jig.
I have a nice demon carburetor now just sitting in a box.

Asked the guy if anyone might want to buy it and he said "y'know, I'll ask around, but everyone's doing these same EFI kits these days so I don't know how much luck you'll have..."

Purchased and installed for $1,700 (he even pressure tested and fixed up my AC while he was at it). Can't really beat that.

Gotta love finding a good shade-tree mechanic that you trust.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Asked the guy if anyone might want to buy it and he said "y'know, I'll ask around, but everyone's doing these same EFI kits these days so I don't know how much luck you'll have..."

Purchased and installed for $1,700 (he even pressure tested and fixed up my AC while he was at it). Can't really beat that.

Gotta love finding a good shade-tree mechanic that you trust.
Yeah. I'd hang on to that guy.

I've got the same problem with our old stuff. We barely use it but it isn't worth a damn thing, so it makes good sense to keep it for the rinky dink shit we do rather than spend real money on something good.

But I'm working on Dad. I think I've got electronic ignition on everything now. He may still have an irrigation engine with points, but that's it.

I HATE POINTS
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:50 PM 06-28-2017
Got it all put in and picked it up yesterday. Damn - I almost have to re-learn to drive it. That's a lot of immediate power on demand now and none of the lag. Easy to start, no idle issues; night and day difference.

Sadly, the return line has a bit of a leak so I walked into the garage to the smell of fuel and a nice little oil/gas puddle under the rear of the car (since it burns a bit of oil, the gas mixed with the oil 'barrier' on the tank and it ran as a sludge). But that'll be easily remedied.

Great addition. One odd quirk that comes with the design and it's that you hear that 'slurp' sound you tended to hear when the rear barrels open on a carburetor a little more often. It's never bothered me, I kind think it's a cool sound, but it's a little more prevalent due to the design of the venturis and how it pulls in air.

Small price to pay for a car that I sit in, turn the key and then just back it out of the garage.
Awesome! :-) I knew you would love it.

I assume the exhausts smell is much cleaner now and not all rich and fumy?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:57 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Awesome! :-) I knew you would love it.

I assume the exhausts smell is much cleaner now and not all rich and fumy?
Hard to tell. I switched to 5W-30 synthetic and that was a mistake. Too slick, too runny. With the 2-piece rear main seal, it started to leak a little oil again. And then with the gas leak coming from the return line, the garage smelled like it was an explosion waiting to happen this morning.

I expect after I get that line patched up and get the oil switched back over to 20W-50 conventional, the oil/gas smell will largely clear up. Then I'm going to replace the bearing in the steering column so the damn rattle stops and it'll be in pretty nice shape.

Still wish it had more responsive steering rather than the old-school recirculating ball setup, but with the new upper control arms in, even that's become less of a concern. Every year I drop another $1k on it and get it closer to what I'm after. It's been paid for for 3-4 years now so might as well get it to what I want it to be. Since the wife's making me get an SUV, I'll want to have this guy on hand for days that I just feel like putting my foot in something...
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:12 PM 06-29-2017
Hard to tell. I switched to 5W-30 synthetic and that was a mistake. Too slick, too runny. With the 2-piece rear main seal, it started to leak a little oil again. And then with the gas leak coming from the return line, the garage smelled like it was an explosion waiting to happen this morning.

I expect after I get that line patched up and get the oil switched back over to 20W-50 conventional, the oil/gas smell will largely clear up. Then I'm going to replace the bearing in the steering column so the damn rattle stops and it'll be in pretty nice shape.

Still wish it had more responsive steering rather than the old-school recirculating ball setup, but with the new upper control arms in, even that's become less of a concern. Every year I drop another $1k on it and get it closer to what I'm after. It's been paid for for 3-4 years now so might as well get it to what I want it to be. Since the wife's making me get an SUV, I'll want to have this guy on hand for days that I just feel like putting my foot in something...
You can pick up performance steering box for that thing for well under $1000 I am fairly sure. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can pick up performance steering box for that thing for well under $1000 I am fairly sure. :-)
Well, yeah.

But like I said; I pretty much get one new toy to add to that thing a year (and I'm already putting new wheels/tires on it "for safety purposes") so I suspect that'll have to wait...
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:19 PM 06-29-2017
Well, yeah.

But like I said; I pretty much get one new toy to add to that thing a year (and I'm already putting new wheels/tires on it "for safety purposes") so I suspect that'll have to wait...
Safety is important! :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:00 PM 06-29-2017
Well, yeah.

Did you ever decide which wheels you were going with
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by mac459:
Did you ever decide which wheels you were going with
Yeah, going with the Ramblers.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:32 PM 06-29-2017

:-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:22 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Too much for a 1600cc motor Stevie:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 06:34 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Too much for a 1600cc motor Stevie:-)

I was thinking about my Elko
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:09 AM 07-04-2017
Check out our new company car! One of our employees will be touring across the country, shaking hands with our repair shop customers.
Attached: IMG_0730.jpg (125.9 KB) IMG_0731.jpg (98.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07-08-2017, 07:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Al Bundy.
hometeam 08:18 PM 07-10-2017
Ok, TA is back together for good now I swear to god. Needs a little bit of tuning but shes ready for action.

This means Ill be at versailles on the 22nd with the car. Maybe the hot summer nights on the strip at LOZ the night before.

Anyone else gonna get sand out of the vagina and make it?
[Reply]
hometeam 01:50 PM 07-15-2017
sooo nobody doing sonic summer nights tonight?

How about cars who care in COMO tommorrow?

[Reply]
Page 222 of 367
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Up