« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:12 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I would agree with all of that and add that-
we don't really know if we might or might have had a decent option at CB if the secondary coaching is so awful (and it clearly is.) The fact that we've been unable to develop a single player in the secondary in several years would tell me that the coaching is a problem. Peters was exactly the same player in his first year as his last here, so I don't even count that. And it's not like the players we drafted were measurably bad physically; or drafted way ahead of their projection or anything. So not a single one develops? You're right. Coaching. top down on that side of the ball.
Problem is, Emmitt Thomas is a team legend who has coached the DBs here for DECADES. I wanna say since Gunther or Vermeil days. Reid inherited him.

If Sutton goes, every single coach on that side of the ball needs to go with him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:12 PM 12-23-2018
Right? Put Hitchens back with the coach he excelled under. Put your last two #2 picks at the position they're physically built for, 4-3 DE (Speaks and Kpass).
Looking at the way Veach drafted, it appears he's preparing to go to a 4-3 next year anyway...
[Reply]
RunKC 01:13 PM 12-23-2018
Does Rivers have an audible called “Bob Sutton”?

This is what I was mentioning before, can you hear Rivers audible call as ...

"BOB SUTTON, BOB SUTTON"

or

"FIVE SEVEN, FIVE SEVEN!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣 https://t.co/FBVrccrpaY

— The Brit Chief 🇬🇧 (@BritChiefUK) December 23, 2018

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:13 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Problem is, Emmitt Thomas is a team legend who has coached the DBs here for DECADES. I wanna say since Gunther or Vermeil days. Reid inherited him.

If Sutton goes, every single coach on that side of the ball needs to go with him.
I agree 100%

Ironically, I would say that the only guy that might be worth retaining would be Britt Reid as the DL has played decently although I would under no circumstances promote him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:14 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wouldn't kid around about this.

Same source who said Pioli was gone.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:16 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Maybe not, but maybe we’ll get a coordinator who will make players be accountable and start benching ****ers who don’t produce. Even if it may mean starting younger players. Do like the Ravens do for their new/young guys and dumb down the scheme. Lucas should be ****ing playing and that old man Sutton’s doing, wanting to play shit safe instead of getting players who may actually fly to the ball.
Andy Reid doesn't like playing younger guys.

Andy Reid would have to do any "benching".

Bob Sutton has dumbed the scheme down SO MUCH for Scandrick, he's got rid of pre-snap disguises and and a lot of the fakes he used to do...and Scandrick still goes Man 1 on a Banjo cross-up.

It's almost impossible to dumb it down ENOUGH for Scandrick.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 01:16 PM 12-23-2018

I’ll agree with you on that. That whole side needs to be gone. I want a new coordinator that’s going to bring his own guys in and tell Andy Reid to fuckoff, I got the defense! No puppet coordinator!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:17 PM 12-23-2018
I agree 100%

Ironically, I would say that the only guy that might be worth retaining would be Britt Reid as the DL has played decently although I would under no circumstances promote him.
Yeah, Big Red ain't firing his own kid.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:17 PM 12-23-2018
Looking at the way Veach drafted, it appears he's preparing to go to a 4-3 next year anyway...
I hope so.

I think there are only so many guys physically suited to the 3-4 and with half the league running it I don't think there are enough guys available to do it.

Especially with the league going more to passing than running, so the monster 340 pound guys are a less useful cog. So it's an even more specific physical skill set.

I think it's easier to find guys that are 230-240 and can run and cover than it is to find 260 lb. guys that can run, cover, and rush.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:19 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
YEAH, BABY!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:22 PM 12-23-2018
Man. Look at those Cowboys LB'ers. Look how they fly to the ball! Look how they tackle! Look at them run!

Drool.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:25 PM 12-23-2018
I hope so.

I think there are only so many guys physically suited to the 3-4 and with half the league running it I don't think there are enough guys available to do it.

Especially with the league going more to passing than running, so the monster 340 pound guys are a less useful cog. So it's an even more specific physical skill set.

I think it's easier to find guys that are 230-240 and can run and cover than it is to find 260 lb. guys that can run, cover, and rush.
Speaks and Bailey on the ends, Jones and Nadi inside.

Houston can do the 'Falcon hybrid' where you either put him down at end or standing at OLB, wherever you get ththe favorable matchup; Speaks also now has experience at OLB, so both he and Houston have some real versatility. Hitchens ILB, Dorian O'Daniel at the opposite OLB...let someone else overpay for Dee Ford.

There's your 4-3 base alignment for the front seven.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:28 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
a little birdie told me Sutton is retiring after this season, so there's that
YESSSSS!!!!!!! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:29 PM 12-23-2018
Andy Reid doesn't like playing younger guys.

Andy Reid would have to do any "benching".

Bob Sutton has dumbed the scheme down SO MUCH for Scandrick, he's got rid of pre-snap disguises and and a lot of the fakes he used to do...and Scandrick still goes Man 1 on a Banjo cross-up.

It's almost impossible to dumb it down ENOUGH for Scandrick.
Well, he played a rookie Kareem Hunt. He traded away a safe veteran QB to play a 2nd year Mahomes. Nnadi is now a starter. Speaks played a lot of snaps mid-season. O'Daniel has played more and more and looks like one of the few players on the team that is a willing and sound tackler.

It's literally that Parker and Murray still get the majority of snaps when Lucas has at least flashed some and that we try to man up with small, slow CB's when Tremon Smith sits on the sideline, the second fastest player on the team. I don't think Reid interferes that much on that side of the ball. I think it's all Sutton and his coaching staff.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:32 PM 12-23-2018
Speaks and Bailey on the ends, Jones and Nadi inside.

Houston can do the 'Falcon hybrid' where you either put him down at end or standing at OLB, wherever you get ththe favorable matchup; Speaks also now has experience at OLB, so both he and Houston have some real versatility. Hitchens ILB, Dorian O'Daniel at the opposite OLB...let someone else overpay for Dee Ford.

There's your 4-3 base alignment for the front seven.
I've got no issues with that if Bailey doesn't want a ton of money. I think Kpass is still a possible piece.

I too would let Ford walk, he doesn't fit in a 4-3 except as a situational pass rusher and that's too much money to invest in that role. You could sign a top tier CB for that; or a top tier S and a 2nd tier corner for what he would cost.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 298
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271 > Last »
Up