ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 22 of 114
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:07 PM 04-02-2024
I agree. The rollout of the plan seemed like a confusing mess at almost every step.

Hard to get voters excited for something they barely understand.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:08 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
We all know if this tax money was used to actually help the citizens of Kansas City people like you would hate it.

But billionaires are asking for it? They won't even tell me what their plan is? Hell yea brother where do I sign up. :-)
Billionaires don't own the stadium and property. How the hell do people not know this. They lease all of it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:09 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
I was just back in KC for a wedding last weekend. Stayed downtown and enjoyed it. I know several people with businesses that would be directly affected positively and negatively in the area. What left a really sour taste in my mouth was hearing from business owners that have reached out to the Royals on numerous occasions asking for details about the project to try and plan for potential outcomes. Not a single one of them got any response from the team regardless of if they were inside the Grand, locust, Truman, 17th St boundary or outside it. I have to assume that has something to do with it being a haphazardly thrown together plan without many of the details sorted out.

Would a stadium near Crossroads be cool? Sure. Would far less businesses be displaced with the other plan near the courthouse/Admiral? Without a doubt. If I was still living in KC this proposal would be a no for me. Get your plans in order, communicate with the business that will be affected and I would be more likely to be a yes.
They will be well paid.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:09 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You should do some research on this then you'd understand.
Just stop. If major league teams brought no economic benefit to major metro areas, the teams wouldn't BE in major metro areas.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:09 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Billionaires don't own the stadium and property. How the hell do people not know this. They lease all of it.
Actually a team can buy and build it's own stadium, it's been done before. But they're all to busy grifting on cities to not pay for that shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:10 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just stop. If major league teams brought no economic benefit to major metro areas, the teams wouldn't BE in major metro areas.
Cities lose money on stadiums...alot of money and the revenue does not make it break even.
[Reply]
DrRyan 07:11 PM 04-02-2024
They will be well paid.
Please educate us all how you possibly know what the payout would be. As I said, not a single business owner I know that would be affected had any return communication when they reached out. It's a poorly articulated plan with little to no details shared.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:13 PM 04-02-2024
Actually a team can buy and build it's own stadium, it's been done before. But they're all to busy grifting on cities to not pay for that shit.
Nah, it's mutually beneficial or they wouldn't do it and it's done by a vote of the people. Also, a sales tax is the fairest tax of all, especially when it is spent on a revenue generating purpose. Also, if you think they wouldn't have a similar sales tax % if the Chiefs/Royals left for some other purpose, you are naive.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:14 PM 04-02-2024
Cities lose money on stadiums...alot of money and the revenue does not make it break even.
We talking about Kansas City after 2014-15 and Kansas City the last six years with Mahomes, or are we talking about Cleveland and Detroit?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:14 PM 04-02-2024
I’ve seen the “studies” that state this and the numbers are flawed. There’s a reason cities fall all over themselves to bring in pro sports teams and it isn’t because they lose money on it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:14 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
History has show it is not a bluff. Just ask Oakland or St. Louis, for example.

Your lack of knowledge is a you problem.
The last lease extension/renovation vote failed the first time, too.

I know people around here (not you particularly) love to predict doom and gloom, but the Royals and Chiefs aren't moving to another city tomorrow if it doesn't pass.... they can submit another proposal or work with another county.

It's seven fucking years away.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:15 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Please educate us all how you possibly know what the payout would be. As I said, not a single business owner I know that would be affected had any return communication when they reached out. It's a poorly articulated plan with little to no details shared.
They haven't gotten the whole plan yet. Gotta have the vote first but they would be bought out. Thats how its done and has been done everywhere.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:15 PM 04-02-2024
Tulsa with better bbq
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:16 PM 04-02-2024
KC didn't become a big city because of sports lol infact during most of the time the sports teams were here the city shrunk in population
[Reply]
Mecca 07:16 PM 04-02-2024
They haven't gotten the whole plan yet. Gotta have the vote first but they would be bought out. Thats how its done and has been done everywhere.

The fact that you'd vote yes to give billions without knowing even half the plan is all I need to know.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 114
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up