ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 101
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I just don’t think the Ravens can keep up with the Bills in a shootout.
I'm not sure the Bills can stop the Ravens running game. Stopping Henry is one thing, stopping Dobbins AND Lamar is another.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:49 AM 01-11-2021
For the Browns to win the game has to go pretty much exactly as scripted: Chiefs play poorly for whatever reason and get behind by multiple scores. Browns grind down the game clock with Chubb and Hunt while Mahomes sits on the sidelines getting progressively more tight. The Browns defense has to hold on when Mahomes unleashes his fury.

If the Chiefs are up multiple scores early and force the Browns to lean more pass heavy they're fucked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
For the Browns to win the game has to go pretty much exactly as scripted: Chiefs play poorly for whatever reason and get behind by multiple scores. Browns grind down the game clock with Chubb and Hunt while Mahomes sits on the sidelines getting progressively more tight. The Browns defense has to hold on when Mahomes unleashes his fury.

If the Chiefs are up multiple scores early and force the Browns to lean more pass heavy they're fucked.
The Browns probably lose yesterday if it weren't for 2 Pitt turnovers in the first 4 minutes of the game.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:56 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not sure the Bills can stop the Ravens running game. Stopping Henry is one thing, stopping Dobbins AND Lamar is another.
Not just that, but the Ravens D is more lethal than Pittsburgh at this point, IMO.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:57 AM 01-11-2021
I'm sure Lamar can win two playoff games.
[Reply]
wazu 09:58 AM 01-11-2021
Just saw the line is Chiefs -10.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:00 AM 01-11-2021
The Browns secondary is fraudulent. If old man Ben could pick it apart last night, then Patrick shouldn't have much trouble.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:01 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Uh, this is Patrick Fucking Mahomes we're talking about, right?
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:04 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just saw the line is Chiefs -10.
Yup thats even higher than I thought it would be, I was expecting -8 or -9.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:07 AM 01-11-2021
The Browns probably lose yesterday if it weren't for 2 Pitt turnovers in the first 4 minutes of the game.
Maybe. But again, a lot of people saying this are reacting to how the browns played while protecting a huge lead. Maybe the early turnovers pressured the steelers to keep shitting their pants. But the first half as a whole was a blood bath. Ben couldn't move the ball when he wasn't picked, Pitts D got flat out blasted. Did Pitt make adjustments or was cle just playing not to lose. It's probably a mix of both.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 01-11-2021
I'm looking forward to this one.

I think KC will have its typical recent game... comfortable lead for most of the 2nd half (if not all), two-score lead in the 4th quarter, Browns score late to make it a 1-score game, but Browns never have the ball with a real chance to drive for a tie or lead.

Bills-Ravens is going to be a great matchup. The Bills have been efficient against the blitz lately, so that's a big matchup to watch. Ravens' explosive run game can probably take advantage of the Bills weak run D.

The real question is if Martindale can find a way to confuse Allen a few times with exotic looks. Marcus Peters seems like a good matchup against Allen, as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe. But again, a lot of people saying this are reacting to how the browns played while protecting a huge lead. Maybe the early turnovers pressured the steelers to keep shitting their pants. But the first half as a whole was a blood bath. Ben couldn't move the ball when he wasn't picked, Pitts D got flat out blasted. Did Pitt make adjustments or was cle just playing not to lose. It's probably a mix of both.
I don't know that it was so much Cleveland playing not to lose. Collinsworth said early (and often) in the first half what the Steelers needed to do to exploit the Cleveland defense and Pittsburgh just simply didn't start doing it until they were behind by 28 points. If Collinsworth could see it, it was there to exploit all game, Pittsburgh just didn't take advantage.

That being said, Cleveland capitalized on several of the mistakes, which is what good teams do. The first half was indeed a blood bath and hats off to them for making it so. But let's not forget that Ben threw 4 interceptions and fumbled a snap for a TD. Take those away and Cleveland probably doesn't win. They certainly don't win going away.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 01-11-2021
Pittsburgh looked like they thought it was going to be an easy game and that they were going to win just based off of history.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:51 AM 01-11-2021
I don't know that it was so much Cleveland playing not to lose. Collinsworth said early (and often) in the first half what the Steelers needed to do to exploit the Cleveland defense and Pittsburgh just simply didn't start doing it until they were behind by 28 points. If Collinsworth could see it, it was there to exploit all game, Pittsburgh just didn't take advantage.

That being said, Cleveland capitalized on several of the mistakes, which is what good teams do. The first half was indeed a blood bath and hats off to them for making it so. But let's not forget that Ben threw 4 interceptions and fumbled a snap for a TD. Take those away and Cleveland probably doesn't win. They certainly don't win going away.
It would certainly be a game without the early turnovers. I just think it's a little unfair for people to point to their inability to move the ball and giving up 500 yards without the context that they were protecting an enormous lead. Without those turnovers Cleveland looked like they were playing well enough to still win and at worse keep the game close. That was all you can ask for from a bubble playoff team. Very different from a team like the bears that proved they flat out didn't belong in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:56 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It would certainly be a game without the early turnovers. I just think it's a little unfair for people to point to their inability to move the ball and giving up 500 yards without the context that they were protecting an enormous lead. Without those turnovers Cleveland looked like they were playing well enough to still win and at worse keep the game close. That was all you can ask for from a bubble playoff team. Very different from a team like the bears that proved they flat out didn't belong in the playoffs.
To be fair, the Saints D is legit, and Turdbiski is not.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 101
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up