ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Because a HC job is better than no HC job. No guarantees that he will get another opportunity. He didn't get one last year in spite of KC winning the SB and if the Texans job is the only one available then that says a lot about his prospects.
He makes a lot of money. The only reason to take a HC job is to increase his stature.

He's not going to do that in Houston. It's much more probably that he ends his career a failure and actually finishes his career with LESS stature than if he stayed in KC.

He'd be absolutely stupid to go to Houston.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:44 AM 01-13-2021
:-) Caserio loved Tua, right. His own teammates don't seem to share that opinion.

Whew. Miami players have thoughts on Tua... https://t.co/JLRKEbETPW pic.twitter.com/Qq45bilnBI

— Billy M (@BillyM_91) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 09:46 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He makes a lot of money. The only reason to take a HC job is to increase his stature.

He's not going to do that in Houston. It's much more probably that he ends his career a failure and actually finishes his career with LESS stature than if he stayed in KC.

He'd be absolutely stupid to go to Houston.
I understand what you mean and I don't completely disagree. All I am saying is that after two years and the Texans being his only offer he would have to think long and hard as he might not get another HC opportunity. There should be no coordinator more hot right now than EB based off of last year and this year. Don't get me wrong, if there is another HC position being offered to him outside of the Texans then he should look at that first.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:03 AM 01-13-2021
Don't know if this was ever brought up. But keep in mind that Houston got caught with tampering for Caserio a year ago. So Caserio is bill Obriens boy. I think Watson is still furious about the Hopkins trade and why wouldnt he be. So when he talks about the same ole shit, not a good look at all to hire your fired head coach's golden boy and not consult your team captain about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I understand what you mean and I don't completely disagree. All I am saying is that after two years and the Texans being his only offer he would have to think long and hard as he might not get another HC opportunity. There should be no coordinator more hot right now than EB based off of last year and this year. Don't get me wrong, if there is another HC position being offered to him outside of the Texans then he should look at that first.
Sorry man, I just don't agree.

If the Texans are the only ones offering, there's something wrong. He'd be better off getting no offers at all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:07 AM 01-13-2021

If the Texans are the only ones offering, there's something wrong. He'd be better off getting no offers at all.
This is basically a haley vs bieniemy situation all over again. Starting with dictating what scheme EB should run on both sides of the ball. Especially since Houston can use his inexperience against him just as Pioli did with haley. Yeah, I'd stay away from that with a 10 foot pole.
[Reply]
wazu 10:18 AM 01-13-2021

It's also a pretty gigantic pay bump he'd be turning down. If this is his only chance, even if it ends in failure as most do, it's an opportunity to make a lot of money next few years. Should have no trouble finding OC jobs after that if he wants to keep coaching.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This is basically a haley vs bieniemy situation all over again. Starting with dictating what scheme EB should run on both sides of the ball. Especially since Houston can use his inexperience against him just as Pioli did with haley. Yeah, I'd stay away from that with a 10 foot pole.
Yep.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:58 AM 01-13-2021
EB has been on the market to be a head coach for a couple of years now and whether he has not been hired for good reasons or bad, he has not been hired. If he receives an offer from the Texans and no other team offers, can he really afford to turn it down? Would turning down the Texans hurt any future chances to get an offer? The Texans may be worse than a dumpster fire right now, but even if he takes the job and fails, the experience is invaluable. Belichick coached the Browns and they were a dumpster fire too, but he still managed to parlay that failure into a pretty good gig.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
EB has been on the market to be a head coach for a couple of years now and whether he has not been hired for good reasons or bad, he has not been hired. If he receives an offer from the Texans and no other team offers, can he really afford to turn it down? Would turning down the Texans hurt any future chances to get an offer? The Texans may be worse than a dumpster fire right now, but even if he takes the job and fails, the experience is invaluable. Belichick coached the Browns and they were a dumpster fire too, but he still managed to parlay that failure into a pretty good gig.
It depends on how hell-bent he is on being a HC and whether he believes in his own personal pride and dignity.

If I were in his shoes, making the kind of money he is now, I would absolutely tell the Texans to get stuffed. I wouldn't work for people like that.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:35 AM 01-13-2021
If he’s been offered the Texans job after not getting a job last year, he should take it. I know the resources will be less than other teams, but he already has a really good QB and that’s 2/3 the battle in building an nfl team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 01-13-2021
Even if they ended up offering the job it'd always sting to know you weren't offered primarily on your own merits but to appease Watson. They weren't even interested in interviewing him before Watson let it be known how pissed off he was.
[Reply]
joethomas 11:58 AM 01-13-2021
Why are there still teams that don't see that the Patriot way is nonsense and it was about 80% Tom Brady? Are there any examples of successful Patriot castoffs out there?

The Texans are going to do what Pioli did to the Chiefs but top it by running off a franchise QB
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If he’s been offered the Texans job after not getting a job last year, he should take it. I know the resources will be less than other teams, but he already has a really good QB and that’s 2/3 the battle in building an nfl team.
You assume that he'll have a good QB and Watson doesn't still want out after the dust settles.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Even if they ended up offering the job it'd always sting to know you weren't offered primarily on your own merits but to appease Watson. They weren't even interested in interviewing him before Watson let it be known how pissed off he was.
Yep. No person with any dignity would take a job under those circumstances.

It's just like Gunther coming back to be Vermeil's DC after getting fired over the phone three years earlier.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up